PG13 and NJDevs.com is not twitter/facebook.

DevilMinder

Hi All,

This serves as notice that some rules are going to be reinforced here. I have always tried to keep this place PG13 or close to it because I have friends/family and co-workers who read this site. Sometimes things get heated I know with losing or general joking but the general juvenile commentary has slid into every thread now. The comments get embarrassing when they get pointed out by others to me especially my older generation family members/friends.

Over the last few months, dating back to last season I have direct messaged many of you privately to keep your comments PG13 and most are doing that and I appreciate it.

The things that are becoming troublesome:

• Many wrong comments have been commentary about the Devils beat writers and sexist comments that belong elsewhere
  • dick jokes, yes some are funny but lets try and dial them back ( the Q meme)
  • Name calling, some of the old-timers are really guilty of this and longevity won't grant immunity. If you have to revert to name calling you have lost the argument.
  • Thread devolving- Making the thread entirely about you even with it has nothing to do with you

Let us show some personal restraint, We don't want to have to moderate and bring on more moderators just to keep things civil here.

Thanks,

DM

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Absolutely understood, and I acknowledge I likely contribute to some of what you’re talking about. Will get it cleaned up. 

Mfitz; new swear jar for me and you. Any time we make an off color joke we owe $5 to the site.  You enforce me I’ll enforce you. Keep our stupid asses in check. 

I’m not agreeing to that lol. TOO off color, sure. But I can’t give up ALL my material!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well whomever owns/runs it sets the rules we have to follow, and has the power to an issue if we don’t. 

So basically, if that’s just one person, then yes, it’s an autocracy. 

Well i was obviously just kidding lol you brought up democracy so i simply brought up another form of government. lol as long as its fair for everyone its all that matters

I'm actually alllllllll about the new rules. Some posters got away with murder way too often while others were banned for the same thing or something less.

Obviously i understand that it can be tricky to ban someone wishing cancer or career ending injuries on someone but then makes sure we all know he's donating money to the board in the same breath lol

Just like Subban some people don't understand you can do something good and be supportive without letting the whole world know. It's called being humble and not feeling the need to kiss ass :P

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

oh go away already

Oh. What an incredible timing! Look who just showed up !

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

"Many wrong comments have been commentary about the Devils beat writers and sexist comments that belong elsewhere "

I get the sexist comment part, but what do you mean by "wrong comments"?  Are we not to criticize Abbey/Amanda at all going forward?  

I haven't really seen anything sexist, but I'm kind of curious about this as well. 

I'm sorry, I love this place, have donated many times, and I have run a large forum before so I understand what it's like to have rules and the need to enforce them, but this entire thread screams of "It's 2019 and you can't say anything anymore".  

With all due respect to the admins, mods, and users of this forum - people should learn to ignore certain things and move on.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Erika in particular has been objectified quite a bit. Some probably consider some of it to be sexist. 

I could be missing something, but I can't recall anything over the line beyond people just overtly agreeing that she's very attractive, and that they wouldn't mind having her for a wife/girlfriend in some regard. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I could be missing something, but I can't recall anything over the line beyond people just overtly agreeing that she's very attractive, and that they wouldn't mind having her for a wife/girlfriend in some regard. 

I don't have any specific examples, nor do I disagree with you. But SOME comments could be viewed that way by SOME people, even if those people are not us. 

EDIT: I know I have commented on her outfits form time to time, mostly in a "positive" way, but some could see that as sexist. Although, I also used to comment quite a bit on John MacLean's inability to wear a properly fitted jacket, and Patrik Elias' funny colored suits, so perhaps I was just being equal.

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm sorry, I love this place, have donated many times, and I have run a large forum before so I understand what it's like to have rules and the need to enforce them, but this entire thread screams of "It's 2019 and you can't say anything anymore".  

With all due respect to the admins, mods, and users of this forum - people should learn to ignore certain things and move on.  

Really all it boils down to is, don't be a d!ck, and don't post about d!cks. Aside from "wrong comments" about beat writers, which could use a little clarification, I think the "new" rules are pretty minimally restrictive and aimed at just keeping this a pleasant place to post. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Erika in particular has been objectified quite a bit. Some probably consider some of it to be sexist. 

I don't want to get too deep into debate about 'the times' on a hockey forum, but the majority of comments I've seen have been mostly something along the lines of "at least Erika still looks good" with respect to our team being trash on the ice.

I dunno, maybe I'm potentially outing myself as a "2019 sexist" here but.. that doesn't seem that bad to me.  I'll refrain from doing it if that's what DM wants, but you don't have to look far to see way worse stuff than that out there on sports forums.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't want to get too deep into debate about 'the times' on a hockey forum, but the majority of comments I've seen have been mostly something along the lines of "at least Erika still looks good" with respect to our team being trash on the ice.

I dunno, maybe I'm potentially outing myself as a "2019 sexist" here but.. that doesn't seem that bad to me.  I'll refrain from doing it if that's what DM wants, but you don't have to look far to see way worse stuff than that out there on sports forums.

I think you're right on the money. "She looks good" is not as bad as "She looks good and I would like to..." which is where comments could go if people are not respectful. I think for the most part, we don't cross over that line here. 

24 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You said what I was thinking and I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't have to look too far. Way way way wayyy worse sexually offending comments has been said here about Taylor Hall vs Amanda or Erika. lol 

But we're in 2019 which means you can't say anything about any sort of minorities or specific groups currently identified as victims but you can say wtv you want about white straight males cause they are the source of all problems ever and evil lol 

Again, i don't mind the rules. As long as there's no double standards

Edited by SterioDesign

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Don't have to look too far. Way way way wayyy worse sexually offending comments has been said here about Taylor Hall vs Amanda or Erika. lol 

But we're in 2019 which means you can't say anything about any sort of minorities or specific groups currently identified as victims but you can say wtv you want about white straight males cause they are the source of all problems ever and evil lol 

Image result for fedora tipping gif

😉

• Haha 3