Devils01

I'm back for 3 in a row! 

cut.png

PREVIEW

DEVILS (2-4-2) vs. COYOTES (5-3-1)

TV: 7:00 p.m. ET; Televised on MSG+

Injury Updates:

Devils - Nico Hischier is day-to-day; Will Butcher is day-to-day

Coyotes - Niklas Hjalmarsson (fractured fibula) is out; Jordan Oesterle (head) is out

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is Nico expected to play?  If he's been practicing, that seemed encouraging.  Kinda wish Blackwood would get the start, but I'm OK with putting Schneider back in, especially after such a long reset, he's due for some action.  

Coyotes coming off a game last night, this is one of those where there's no excuse for them to be more energized than us.  I want to see lots of guys contribute tonight, and us play a sound defensive game.

Let's start a nice streak here.

It feels like it's been a month since the last game.  This schedule blowwwwwwwws.

LGD.  Keep the positive vibes going here with another win.

Worth noting we're catching the Yotes on the second of a back-to-back, and they lost to the Islanders last night.

A well-rested Devils team should hopefully clean this one up.

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is Nico expected to play?  If he's been practicing, that seemed encouraging.  Kinda wish Blackwood would get the start, but I'm OK with putting Schneider back in, especially after such a long reset, he's due for some action.  

Coyotes coming off a game last night, this is one of those where there's no excuse for them to be more energized than us.  I want to see lots of guys contribute tonight, and us play a sound defensive game.

Let's start a nice streak here.

Blackwood has the start according to twitter

• Like 2

it's easy to be frustrated looking at players scratched... to me at the end of the day it all depends on what the discussion was with the players... 

Some coaches will make sure there's good communication as to why they are sitting and what they need to do etc etc... then i heard players at times saying they had no idea why they were sitting...

i obviously don't know what Hynes does but let's hope there's good communication in those cases

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

it's easy to be frustrated looking at players scratched... to me at the end of the day it all depends on what the discussion was with the players... 

Some coaches will make sure there's good communication as to why they are sitting and what they need to do etc etc... then i heard players at times saying they had no idea why they were sitting...

i obviously don't know what Hynes does but let's hope there's good communication in those cases

It will probably consist of Hynes grimacing and saying/doing nothing.

57 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We have to win today in honor of the Xanadu / American Dream mall finally opening all these years later lol check out the old tunnel with its fancy new makeover lmao... 

Aw man I had some fun times running through that tunnel with my Dad as a kid.

Good times, good times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Aw man I had some fun times running through that tunnel with my Dad as a kid.

Good times, good times.

The old cow corral tunnel was the best.  Small, dark, crowded, with corrugated metal walls that everyone would bang on after a big win.  I remember when the built the "new" tunnel that the original was only meant to be temporary and last 5 years, maximum.  It was there for like 20 years.  The walk through that tunnel going back to the car after winning the cup in 1995 was something I will never forget.  I thought that thing would collapse right onto the roadway below. 

Now I want a pretzel out of a shopping cart thinking about doing that walk with my father before and after games at the CAA.  Good times.

• Like 3