GDT: Coyotes vs. Devils 7PM

Devils01

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

Mackenzie Blackwood: "I was sick with the flu for a couple of days, so I was trying to get my body back to good again. It was a weird game, there wasn't much action & then there was a scoring chance. I definitely could have been better, but I'll get back to that in practice."

This is exactly why Cory should have started.

Yeah I don't see the rush to start Mac here, sure he was coming off 2 wins but sick is sick and he definitely looked off. We don't have another game until Wednesday, should have just let him get better. 

Doesn't really matter either way, this season looks like it will be over by the middle of November anyway. 

• Like 1

Thing is... its easy to say with hindsight but just go through comments posted BEFORE the game and almost everyone wanted Blackwood in net. 

Some wanted him just so it was not Schneider but still lol 

I don't remember reading a single "well Blackwood has been sick all week... maybe it would be safer to start Corey for this one, it would give a good break to Blackwood until next game". It was mostly posts saying Blackwood was on a streak so to keep it going or wtv

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, SterioDesign said:

Would you disagree? We always knew this. Rank say the last 20 first overall picks and chances are he'll be at the bottom just above RNH, Dipietro, Johnson and Yakupov.

It's not a knock on him but he's certainly not a Crosby, McDavid, Matthews, Kane etc etc

Would I disagree he isn't Crosby or McDavid or the other two elite talents you mentioned? Of course not. Who was expecting him to reach those levels. But he could still be an incredibly useful player that any team would love to have. 

It's just far to early to start making bold statements about how Nico's whole career is going to pan out. Has he got off to a slow start this year? Yes, but look at the team in general. I am just not ready to write him off so early. 

After two seasons in the NHL Taylor Hall had 95 points, Nathan McKinnon had 101,

Nico had 99. 

Joe Thornton had 47 points through the same period. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 5

I can't really fault the decision to play Blackwood over Hynes.  Blackwood was coming off of 2 wins including a shutout so riding the hot hand makes sense.  It just sucks that while Blackwood wasn't really bad, he didn't make a big save or two that could have won this game.  4 goals on something like 15-17 shots is brutal no matter how you slice it or no matter how good the chances were.

The PP actually looked pretty good this game, as well as most aspects of the game.  Outside the goaltending, defense is still obviously an issue.  I don't know how much longer this team can see our D as well as Nas looking clueless any longer as something has to change there.

Hughes looks great and confident now.  Glad to see him coming along.

Hate seeing the 4th line getting more minutes than the Hischier line up until the Coyotes took the lead.  Not sure why Hynes insists on using that line as much as they do.  Is he that stuck with matchups like Brent Sutter?  Hynes must go.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I can't really fault the decision to play Blackwood over Hynes.  Blackwood was coming off of 2 wins including a shutout so riding the hot hand makes sense.  It just sucks that while Blackwood wasn't really bad, he didn't make a big save or two that could have won this game.  4 goals on something like 15-17 shots is brutal no matter how you slice it or no matter how good the chances were.

The PP actually looked pretty good this game, as well as most aspects of the game.  Outside the goaltending, defense is still obviously an issue.  I don't know how much longer this team can see our D as well as Nas looking clueless any longer as something has to change there.

Hughes looks great and confident now.  Glad to see him coming along.

Hate seeing the 4th line getting more minutes than the Hischier line up until the Coyotes took the lead.  Not sure why Hynes insists on using that line as much as they do.  Is he that stuck with matchups like Brent Sutter?  Hynes must go.

I agree, I don't Hynes in the net would have been the answer 😜

• Haha 4

On 10/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, Neb00rs said:

That little girl saying that she thought, "They were just throwing hockeys around," is exactly how this game has looked at certain points.

So when I went to the Tampa game vs Nashville the other night my friend and I were waiting for play to stop to get to our seat, and I basically repeat the girl's interview about throwing the hockey around and the what's the "word good gsme" to the usher at the arena and he was like "what the actual fvck". My friend and I got a lol out of it. 

Hynes should play Schneids next 3 games as punishment for Blackwood stinking up the joint. I hope he takes my advice.  That (Blackwood)  tweet was more of an indictment of Hynes than anything.