GDT: Coyotes vs. Devils 7PM

Devils01

Wish I could watch this one, but I'm flying out of town.  Hope to catch some of it somewhere once I land (in Ohio).

LGMFD!

19 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Hip Hip Hooray!

Nothing personal against Cory, but I hope to not see him in net for a long long time.

Either than the fact that the Devils have to play him since he is the “other” goalie and is housing Hughes, can anyone tell me why you would ever want to see Cory play again?  Unless it’s in another team’s uniform.  Does anyone in here have hope that he will ever be considered a reliable goaltender again?  I’m really not trying to sound ignorant.  I really am curious on everyone’s take.

28 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Either than the fact that the Devils have to play him since he is the “other” goalie and is housing Hughes, can anyone tell me why you would ever want to see Cory play again?  Unless it’s in another team’s uniform.  Does anyone in here have hope that he will ever be considered a reliable goaltender again?  I’m really not trying to sound ignorant.  I really am curious on everyone’s take.

I have hopes that he will because he’s been pretty decent in the early goings.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

I have hopes that he will because he’s been pretty decent in the early goings.

Early goings of games or seasons?  I’m guessing you meant games because this season couldn’t have started worse.  I’d be ready to ship him anywhere at this point.

Is Duncan available?

5 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Why is Bratt scratched. Weird decision. Happy to see Hughes stick with Hall though. Nico and Zacha could work well. 

LGD!

I think the coach is still upset with that penalty he took against kakko. Bratt was too strong and lumberjack chopped him down.... or the coach doesn’t like him. Bratts probably my favorite player on the team so I’m kinda upset. 

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Early goings of games or seasons?  I’m guessing you meant games because this season couldn’t have started worse.  I’d be ready to ship him anywhere at this point.

Is Duncan available?

He's made plenty of great stops, it certainly doesn't fall all on him, the defense and PK units were absolutely brutal in those games as well. 

I'm also not bias between Cory and Mac, so I don't care which one on them is in net as long as we are winning. 

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

Couldn’t have started worse for Schneider? He’s been pretty decent considering the awful play in front of him.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Both goalies numbers are pretty terrible still. Obviously Blackwood is the future but I wouldn't say the gap has been huge so far this year up until the shutout. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wish I could watch this one, but I'm flying out of town.  Hope to catch some of it somewhere once I land (in Ohio).

LGMFD!

Pray your hotel has decent internet and use reddit streams to catch the game. I'm in Tampa and we'll be streaming it tonight myself. 

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I agree, both goalies to me have looked fairly close, with Blackwood maybe getting the slight edge.  Neither has been great, but the issues the team had early on were not really their fault. 

No, not at all.

Throw out the Buffalo game, which was a back to back after an emotional roller coaster the night before (in overtime) and Blackwood's numbers are way, way better.

Also, he's the only goalie we have with Ws, which is the only stat I really care about.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

No, not at all.

Throw out the Buffalo game, which was a back to back after an emotional roller coaster the night before (in overtime) and Blackwood's numbers are way, way better.

Also, he's the only goalie we have with Ws, which is the only stat I really care about.

Using that logic I can just say "throw out the shutout" and then Cory's numbers are better. They still have very similar numbers so far this year. Blackwood is the future but he's also only 22. No need to rush him yet and no need to bury Cory either. 

Wasn't Marty like 19 when we gave him the starting job? 22 isn't young in NHL standards.

Edit: I'm wrong, Marty was about 23 when he became starter.  So, if Blackwood follows the same workload trajectory as Marty, then he would play 40 games this year and 77 next.

The 77 isn't going to happen, not in today's NHL, but I can hope for the 40 number at least.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Wasn't Marty like 19 when we gave him the starting job? 22 isn't young in NHL standards.

I mean, not saying there will never be another Brodeur, but Mackenzie Blackwood ain't it, so not really sure that's a good comparison.  Plus, Brodeur played 4 games in 91-92 when he was 19/20 years old.  His first true workload came in 93-94 when he was 21/22, the same as Blackwood.

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that nobody ever wanted to see Blackwood again. Someone has to play. 

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that nobody ever wanted to see Blackwood again. Someone has to play. 

Well, does anyone on the board have any goalie experience?  Similar to the guy in Chicago.  Shouldn’t we have one of those in NJ for when the Devils don’t want to play Cory?

12 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Well, does anyone on the board have any goalie experience?  Similar to the guy in Chicago.  Shouldn’t we have one of those in NJ for when the Devils don’t want to play Cory?

I was pretty good as a 14 year old 29 years ago. I can fvck up a game as well as Cory can.