Prospects Thread - 2019-2020 Season

nessus

17 minutes ago, nessus said:

Definitely let us know what you think! It's always great to hear what people's impressions are since it's tough to get much direct exposure to our prospects.

Canada leads 3-0 after 4 minutes in the 1st, including goals by Drysdale and Lafrenière. Smith with a few good plays in the o-zone so far. Canada is dominating. 

Edited by Devs3cups

15 minutes ago, moustic said:

Bahl takes a ton of penalty a the wrong time (during the final tonight) 

He made the right play by putting the puck behind the net and Lafrnière missed the play, if he didn't take that penalty there is a good chance Russia scores on the play. 

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He made the right play by putting the puck behind the net and Lafrnière missed the play, if he didn't take that penalty there is a good chance Russia scores on the play. 

I agree I agree... so the conclusion is that we should draft Lafrenière (in order to give this kid some help from Bahl of course... ) 

• Haha 1

Really an entertaining game. Smith made a few good defensive plays, he''s good on the breakout. Bahl played well also.

Also, I've kept an eye on Misyul during the tournament and he looks good. He's a good skater and played a lot on the PP for the Russians. He looked solid even though he didn't put up points.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2

its not often that a first overall is that dominant at the world juniors.. usually at that age the older players are still a step ahead but he was amazing. I'd be fine losing the rest of the season if it means we could have this guy next to Hughes for a decade. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Lots of highlights and talk about Talvite on the broadcasts of recent games lately...anyone have any idea or projections for what type of player he could turn into?  I don't know anything about him.

In my opinion he projects as a good 2nd-line two-way player. He's pretty big at 5'11 and 200 lbs. He's basically a gritty guy who can score goals and plays fine in his zone. He's having a good season with Penn. State in the NCAA with 15 pts. in 18 games and he did really well in last year's WJC. He's a good prospect for sure.

Edited by Devs3cups

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

In my opinion he projects as a good 2nd-line two-way player. He's pretty big at 5'11 and 200 lbs. He's basically a gritty guy who can score goals and plays fine in his zone. He's having a good season with Penn. State in the NCAA with 15 pts. in 18 games and he did really well in last year's WJC. He's a good prospect for sure.

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Any idea when he might have a shot at cracking the lineup?  I can't remember, did he attend our development camp this year...?

9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Any idea when he might have a shot at cracking the lineup?  I can't remember, did he attend our development camp this year...?

I'd say in minimum 2 years, probably 3. He's only in his second year with Penn. State.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1