Prospects Thread - 2019-2020 Season

nessus

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I was explicitly told that the once bare cupboard had been restocked. 

Ben Street is the leading scorer in Bing...

Brett Seney is 2nd. 

If not for Nico and Jack we’d be absolutely screwed. Shero needs to start hitting on some picks. Other than Bratt it’s been grim. 

20 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Ben Street is the leading scorer in Bing...

Brett Seney is 2nd. 

If not for Nico and Jack we’d be absolutely screwed. Shero needs to start hitting on some picks. Other than Bratt it’s been grim. 

I was looking through the last 4 drafts and I agree. There's not much excitement in there. I'd love for a few of those 2019 ones to hit. 

I am not going to go nuts over Button's list.  Guy has been wrong plenty of times before.  Like Toaster said in his post, he had Kravtsov very high, if not #1 on his list last season.  Look where he is now.

However, the Devils should still be worried about their drafting.  As others have pointed out, other than Nico and Hughes being gifts as #1OA, there really hasn't been a whole lot to be excited about.  Ty Smith is easily our best prospect in the system and I do have some good hopes for him, but after that it drops off.  That includes Bahl who is someone I am not nearly as excited about as many others are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I say give Shero one more season after this and if we’re still at the bottom let Marty take over. He’s already being groomed as the next GM imo. 

he works in the marketing department. It has nothing to do with anything hockey operation/management or even scouting... how is he being groomed as a GM? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

he works in the marketing department. It has nothing to do with anything hockey operation/management or even scouting... how is he being groomed as a GM? 

Last I heard his official title was “executive Vice President of business management ”, he is shadowing Hugh Weber himself, and was the Assistant GM in St. Louis. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/sports/hockey/martin-brodeur-new-jersey-devils.amp.html

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Last I heard his official title was “executive Vice President of business management ”, he is shadowing Hugh Weber himself, and was the Assistant GM in St. Louis. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/sports/hockey/martin-brodeur-new-jersey-devils.amp.html

yeah well thats the business side of things, marketing

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

he started by working with team canada for 4 years before

Looking it up it seems Sakic basically stepped right in. He worked in the Avs FO for a bit, and then was vp of hockey operations and defacto GM along with Roy the year before he officially became GM. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

He's the designated handshaker. Roll him out there he says hi, shakes hands and walks away. I do find it funny being his ego is bigger than the building and his personality the size of a gnat.  For me it's a hard pass on being the future GM. Let go of the past already, move on and don't look back. Saying he can't be worse than Ray is weak, you have to aim way higher than that. 

One of the best goalies of all time, hopefully that's the extent of it. 

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

He's the designated handshaker. Roll him out there he says hi, shakes hands and walks away. I do find it funny being his ego is bigger than the building and his personality the size of a gnat.  For me it's a hard pass on being the future GM. Let go of the past already, move on and don't look back. Saying he can't be worse than Ray is weak, you have to aim way higher than that. 

One of the best goalies of all time, hopefully that's the extent of it. 

I’m sure Colorado is glad they didn’t let go of the past...

I'm beyond happy for the Avs. He's been there ~6 years they missed the playoffs 3 times, lost in the first round twice and lost in the second round once.  

That said I would take him over MB. To me Marty has always been about Marty, more concerned about himself than the team. I don't care for that kind of personality as a GM.

Edited by titans04

56 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'm beyond happy for the Avs. He's been there ~6 years they missed the playoffs 3 times, lost in the first round twice and lost in the second round once.  

That said I would take him over MB. To me Marty has always been about Marty, more concerned about himself than the team. I don't care for that kind of personality as a GM.

The team he took less money to stay on? 

• Like 1