GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network

RunninWithTheDevil

18 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You’ve very clearly never played the sport. If you’re a defenseman standing directly in front of your goalie, your job is to get out of the way and let the goalie make the save. Zero defenseman would have stood pat there. It’s unfortunate where he jumped, but a well positioned goalie should’ve made a better play on the puck and a well positioned defenseman (butcher) shouldn’t let that happen in the first place. PK did nothing wrong here.

lol I was a goalie and was coached by a guy who coached the goalies in NJ thank you very much.

I know in a normal situation where the players are coming down the ice that the d-man takes the far side and leave the short side for the goalie. Most goalies prefer seeing the puck. But this play happened quickly and both Cory and Subban (and just about everyone else) were in bad position so knowing you were screening your goalie (as you shouldnt) you don't jump away if the shot is released, i mean then what do you expect? Good goalie's positioning can't help you that much. Cory still never saw it, just a broken play and bad positioning for everyone so im not really blaming anyone.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I figured it was a product of a crap Flyers and a meh Nashville squad. I figured him being healthy was a good thing.

My guess is he'll show a few flashes but overall I would guess one and done here. 

Happy for Bratt. Not sure what's going on with Nico not scoring. 

• Like 1

40 down, we have a lead...

for fvck's sake Hynes, motivate them to close this one out

Just now, titans04 said:

My guess is he'll show a few flashes but overall I would guess one and done here. 

Happy for Bratt. Not sure what's going on with Nico not scoring. 

Well Bratt's second was originally Nico's per Cangi.... I was dealing with the twins so I dont know what happened there.... lol

• Like 1

Happy for Zacha...looks like it’s coming together for him this season.  

And of course happy for Bratt and Palms.

The more I see Simmonds the more I’m glad he was only signed for one year.

And the more I see PK the more I think the Preds knew what they were doing.  Damn is he good at getting me to yell at my TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Zacha looks like a legit sixth overall pick

I'm so freaking happy for him, but more importantly us

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And the more I see PK the more I think the Preds knew what they were doing.  Damn is he good at getting me to yell at my TV.

Once his pucks start finding the back of the net or at least he's producing more, I think we'll all relax a bit. I'm a huge PK fan, but man has it been rough to defend him at times

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

40 down, we have a lead...

for fvck's sake Hynes, motivate them to close this one out

Well Bratt's second was originally Nico's per Cangi.... I was dealing with the twins so I dont know what happened there.... lol

Wasn't all that close to being Nico's. Looked more like Coburn deflected it. 

Let's not screw this one up! 

My God what matador D there. Lmao. 

Edited by titans04

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't want to start something but this has to be said... I don't care who you are... How can you be a 30 years old veteran with control of the puck in your zone... instead of making a quick outlet pass... fake a slap shot?!? (like... did you fake ice the puck? what the fvck were you even attempting to fake there?)  then try to deke a player at the blue line? Obviously resulting in a turnover.

These fvcking bonehead decisions need to stop. I'd crucify Mario Lemieux in his prime for doing something like this too.It's not cause it's PK

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

If they blow this, I want the entire staff, minus Fitz, fired.

and as I type that there's one back....

I’m so ready for Nas to be canned.  I have no idea what it is he brings.  

• Like 1