Sign in to follow this  
RunninWithTheDevil

GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network

Cory is a useless piece of sh!t.  He will however break his own record.  He will go 2 separate calendar years without a win, that’s quite impressive.

Not one fvcking team in any hockey league in this Universe would ever ever ever want Cory on their team.  How the hell does anyone think the devils can trade him for anything at all?  Who the F would ever want him?  What good would he do being a backup who should never play another second in his life?  Teams wouldn’t even give up a bag of pucks for that f’ing loser.  He should be fvcking embarrassed.  The absolute only reason he should want to continue playing is because of the paycheck.  I wish people would boo the sh!t out of him anytime he steps on the ice.  How the fvck can a goalie go a whole god damn calendar year without a win?  Mind fvcking boggling.

I know it sounds like I’m going over the top here but I just can’t emphasize these points enough!  I hope cory is reading these posts and causes him to retire, just as long as he never comes back.  Go fvck yourself you useless piece of sh!t, wish I could continue to go on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

They dominated the game at 5-4 and one chance goes into the goddamn net off Taylor Hall.  If they play like this in the future, they will win games.  

But will the games matter? Because this season sure as hell feels over to me. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

At least someone takes ownership.

Take Hall’s A and give it to PK for all I care at this point. At least he acts like a man, and is easy to root for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I haven’t willingly skipped a Devils game in my life.

until now. I won’t watch another game as long as Hynes is employed. 

Fair weather fan! Lols

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

But will the games matter? Because this season sure as hell feels over to me. 

They all count.  No, the Devils probably won't make the playoffs, but I do think they will give us something to cheer for by season's end and no I'm not talking about another #1 overall pick.  

• Like 1

Can the team please get Hughes somewhere else to live? I don’t want Cory’s loser vibes rubbing off on the future of our franchise. Sidney Crosby got to live with Mario, and our poor kid is stuck with a soulless day walker that can’t make it through the 1st game of the season without getting menstrual cramps. Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Can the team please get Hughes somewhere else to live? I don’t want Cory’s loser vibes rubbing off on the future of our franchise. Sidney Crosby got to live with Mario, and our poor kid is stuck with a soulless day walker that can’t make it through the 1st game of the season without getting menstrual cramps. Pathetic. 

Don't insult women like that. I think we can easily find numerous female goalies who could easily do a better job than Cory at this point. Hell they probably wouldn't even go a full calender year without a win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Triumph said:

They all count.  No, the Devils probably won't make the playoffs, but I do think they will give us something to cheer for by season's end and no I'm not talking about another #1 overall pick.  

This season was supposed to be a lot more than that.  Yeah it's nice if Zacha gets better, Bratt continues to grow and Hughes shows why he was the #1 pick but they still have a **** ton of holes after five years of 'rebuilding' and are likely going to have to cash out on Hall setting up even more rebuilding.  Shero didn't make all the moves he did this offseason to suck again.

It's not even November and they're realistically not going to make the playoffs.  That's a huge problem.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This season was supposed to be a lot more than that.  Yeah it's nice if Zacha gets better, Bratt continues to grow and Hughes shows why he was the #1 pick but they still have a **** ton of holes after five years of 'rebuilding' and are likely going to have to cash out on Hall setting up even more rebuilding.  Shero didn't make all the moves he did this offseason to suck again.

It's not even November and they're realistically not going to make the playoffs.  That's a huge problem.

Spot on.... I didn't think we would be a lock for the playoffs but I thought we would at least be a bubble team fighting for a spot down to the wire.

I think the season is absolutely over and Friday has the potential to be a disaster of epic proportions if the fans go after Hall and boo him for his comments.

This was supposed to be a season of promise and potential and its turned into literally the worst start possible. It's more horrifying than any horror movie I could possibly watch. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Hall said you can booo after the game once the team lose or wtv, thats fine. But to boo them when the game is still on the line and when they need encouragement. I fully agree with him, It's empowering the visiting team and certainly not helping your team

I just don't support booing your own team. Let's not engage in an argument, you won't change your mind and i won' change mine anyway

I'm not trying to change your mind but I'm not paying money to be a cheerleader. This team has earned the boos. 

• Like 2

Yeah and if i pay $20 to see a movie in theatres i don't like it. I can technically take a sh!t on the floor and leave. That doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do.

AGAIN. I never said you couldn't it. I'm just telling you it's not smart. 

You wouldn't be hurting the people who made the movie though, you would be hurting the person making minimum wage who now has to clean it up so yeah that's a pretty sh*tty(lol) analogy. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

I legit have posters sending me private messages thanking me for calling you out on your sh!t so often

I just want to say whoever these posters are need to grow a spine and speak for themselves. Just as sad and pathetic as this team. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Triumph said:

Are you suggesting that the devils are going to be a bubble team and end up on the outside looking in?

Because that kind of sounds like a worst-case scenario for rebuilding team.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Are you suggesting that the devils are going to be a bubble team and end up on the outside looking in?

Because that kind of sounds like a worst-case scenario for rebuilding team.

As if all these high picks and building a culture of losing have really helped us.

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just want to say whoever these posters are need to grow a spine and speak for themselves. Just as sad and pathetic as this team. 

They don't exist. Anything is possible when you lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It seems like there's a new way to lose each game, which is getting so frustrating. I don't even know what to blame after this one.

The goaltending has been awful this season. The defense has so many weak points, and Subban has not been able to help very much. I wonder if it's going to come to a point where Shero is going to throw in the towel and go into a miniature retool again. I honestly wouldn't be too upset about it, because it is becoming clear that there is no hope for a goaltending solution in the system. And I don't really think there's a chance to win consistently if we're going with Schneider and Blackwood at this point.

As much as I want Blackwood to succeed, he has been inconsistent throughout his career. Just because he has had some really good NHL games, I don't have faith in that changing. The Blue Jackets have a bunch of promising goaltending prospects in their system that may be of interest to Shero. Maybe he can pull off a trade and get this team on the right track sooner than later. 

If Shero is forced to trade Hall, it wouldn't be the worst thing to build around a core of Hischier, Hughes, Bratt, Zacha, Coleman, Gusev (assuming he figures it out here), Boqvist, Smith, Butcher, and whichever of the newly drafted defensemen stand out. Then you can add in whoever Shero gets for Hall, and that's a pretty solid group. Better than losing him for nothing, and at this point, I'm definitely betting against the Devils making the playoffs this season. 

• Like 1

Man I feel so old reading through these comments. I understand we're passionate fans but geez take a deep breath.

I had to listen to the radio broadcast last night and Chico was staunchly defending Schnieder even after the game... sounds like it was normal Chico homerism by the looks of it here :) At this point I think we just need to ride with Blackwood, even if it gets ugly at least there is a chance of him figuring it out and having a player in him for he future.

Halls comments are rough but I understand where he's coming from, it;s not like the players aren't giving effort, just some unfortunate breaks and poor goaltending. I still think they'll figure it out, it's a long season to go.

LGD

Now that I've had a night to sleep on this one:

The team does have talent and will score some goals...in spite of the constant wide-toed-boot-to-the-balls losses through this season's first 10 games, they really aren't that far away.  Zacha really seems to be putting it all together...dating back to last season, he's put up 4 goals and 10 assists in his last 18 GP...go back a little further, and it's 26 points in his last 39 NHL games.  We can all definitely live with that kind of production from him...good for him. 

In some ways I don't mind that Hynes is practicing occasional tough love with guys like Bratt, Gusev and Zacha, but it would be nice if he was ever consistent about it.  It is feeling more and more like he's simply not the guy to take the Devils to the next level though. 

For all of those occasional speed rushes that so far haven't amounted to much, I can't pretend that I'm the slightest bit impressed with PK's game.  It's everything from the little things (not holding in pucks that clearly shouldn't be getting by him) to the bigger things (noticeably horrible decisions, etc).  I really hate making snap judgments based on 10 games (though I'm prone to it in brutal moments), but I think Nashville knew that PK's best days were either already behind him, or would be very soon.  And now it's the Devils stuck paying him a hell of a lot for what he was, as opposed to what he is.  I don't have anything against him as a person...as far as his social presence goes, constantly putting himself out there...whatever...sure, I guess his act will wear thin quickly with some if he's unproductive, but I'm indifferent to his off-ice persona.  I just really hope the PK that I've seen so far isn't going to be the norm, because he's mostly been frustrating as hell to watch to date...for whatever it's worth, at least he seems genuinely willing to hold himself accountable, but I think most players already do that, even if they're not constantly expressing it through the media.

Cory...I just...can't anymore.  He's truly become the Devils' Sad Sack.  I just can't be patient with him anymore.  I can't wait until February or March of 2020 for him to get going, and then think "Well if he can just build off that and start off strong next season..."  I won't minimize his earlier body of work here...I still remember when he had nothing in front of him but was still finding a way to produce...his first three seasons here were really quite good.  He's put up an .885 save% in his last 43 NHL regular season games...yes, he had that groin issue that required surgery and he did have that good stretch to close out last season, but it just seems like he's never going to put together a consistent season here now that he's approaching his mid-30s.  I'm sure he's a good guy, but I can't keep watching postgame conferences with him saying that he knows he needs to be better.  He's just killing his team too often. 

Re:  Hall, I don't think bitching about the fans automatically makes him a cancer, but no one wants to hear that sh!t right now.  Sorry if you're offended Taylor, but try looking at it from our point of view..."we are the ones" who've paid a hell of a lot of money to come see a team that maybe does need time to jell, but was never expected to lose this many games is such mind-blowing fashion.  We've basically seen a near-season's worth of "WTF how WHY?!" losses in ONE MONTH.  We knew this was a rebuild and for the most part, we've been relatively patient while watching lot of bad hockey and brutal losses in recent years.  It's still very early and there is definitely time to save this season, but at the same time, this year was never projected to be the trainwreck that it's been so far...we weren't so delusional to think the Devils were hoisting a Cup, but we definitely had reason to hope for better. 

Yes, fans are frustrated.  Yes, the frustration has built up enough that they're daring to boo even if it's not after the game has already ended, when you only have to hear it for a little while before heading to the lockerroom.  If you're trying to confirm that those among the fans who think the Devils are Charmin soft are justified in thinking that, well, you're doing a fine job Taylor.  Trust me, stop putting the fans through the ringer again and again, and the boos will die down in record time.  I promise.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Man I feel so old reading through these comments. I understand we're passionate fans but geez take a deep breath.

I had to listen to the radio broadcast last night and Chico was staunchly defending Schnieder even after the game... sounds like it was normal Chico homerism by the looks of it here :) At this point I think we just need to ride with Blackwood, even if it gets ugly at least there is a chance of him figuring it out and having a player in him for he future.

Halls comments are rough but I understand where he's coming from, it;s not like the players aren't giving effort, just some unfortunate breaks and poor goaltending. I still think they'll figure it out, it's a long season to go.

LGD

I agree it's a long season and the optimist in me thinks there's still a chance and time for them to turn this around - hell, we're only 12% of the way through the season, but as the season progresses and we as fans have to sit through each game and watch them go through the ups and downs, the players can't complain if we boo.  Effort or not, we're paying money to see a competent product on the ice, and so far it hasn't looked like that.  If they want us to keep coming, either play better, or expect to be booed.  It's better than just simply not showing up, which is the alternative, and a very real possibility.  

• Like 1

Even after sleeping on it, last night just feels like the biggest gut punch I've ever taken as a fan. Just how does this team keep doing this to us? What did we do to deserve THIS?

I legitimately feel like I'm in a funk right now because of this team, they better fvcking win on Friday.

This team is going to put me in therapy lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

My biggest issue with Hall's comments is that he wasn't even asked a question about the fans booing. He willingly offered that one up all on his own. 

• Like 1

Night to sleep on this one, and here's where I am at. 

Largely, they played a good game last night and- the many losses at home where they held the lead do leave me hopeful- that they aren't his bad. I do give Hynes credit for getting Bratt going, Zacha going, Hughes going, hopefully it's sustainable. They have looked better-ish, and I know they'll say "well now they can actually have games to implement changes" but that sounds like an excuse. I guess we'll see. 

Hall just can't say that about the fans, he just can't. Ray needs to have a conversation with him this morning, and he needs to apologize first thing post-practice today. That should be all over their social media, and reporting today. Hall needs to - or else he's going to get booed more than he already will tomorrow. I know Hall has assists this season, but he'll get paid for goals. 2 in 10 games ain't it.

With Cory - what can you do? Well, for one thing, business is business - and we've reached the end of the line with him in this current form. I feel like we're watching Chuck Knoblauch. I think the only thing you can do is waive him and put him in the minors. He needs to just go down and play, every game for a month and see where he's at. No 2/3 games and he does OK, and he pops back up here - no. He needs to go down for a Month, stay there and see what he can accomplish. Blackwood is inconsistent, but he's shown more than Cory - and give him the keys to the net, and let's see if he can string together a starting job. Rotate Cormier and Senn up here as back ups, or go trade for a goalie. 

Edited by HellOnICE

Cory is not an NHL goalie anymore. Hasn't really been one in a couple of years. Why can't management see what is so obvious? 

3 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Night to sleep on this one, and here's where I am at. 

Largely, they played a good game last night and- the many losses at home where they held the lead do leave me hopeful- that they aren't his bad. I do give Hynes credit for getting Bratt going, Zacha going, Hughes going, hopefully it's sustainable. They have looked better-ish, and I know they'll say "well now they can actually have games to implement changes" but that sounds like an excuse. I guess we'll see. 

Hall just can't say that about the fans, he just can't. Ray needs to have a conversation with him this morning, and he needs to apologize first thing post-practice today. That should be all over their social media, and reporting today. Hall needs to - or else he's going to get booed more than he already will tomorrow. I know Hall has assists this season, but he'll get paid for goals. 2 in 10 games ain't it.

With Cory - what can you do? Well, for one thing, business is business - and we've reached the end of the line with him in this current form. I feel like we're watching Chuck Knoblauch. I think the only thing you can do is waive him and put him in the minors. He needs to just go down and play, every game for a month and see where he's at. No 2/3 games and he does OK, and he pops back up here - no. He needs to go down for a Month, stay there and see what he can accomplish. Blackwood is inconsistent, but he's shown more than Cory - and give him the keys to the net, and let's see if he can string together a starting job. Rotate Cormier and Senn up here as back ups, or go trade for a goalie. 

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of Hall apologizing for his comments.  If anything, I'd respect him more for doubling down and insisting that we not boo and have their back at all times, regardless of play.

Also, I don't think you can send Cory down to the AHL, right?  Without a two way contract, he's stuck up here - I think the only reason he was there last year was because he was hurt and we were able to ship him there as a conditioning stint before he was eventually brought back up, right?  I never know these things, so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.