GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

She's unbelievable.

This is the modern era of being a beat reporter.  Bonus points if you're female because you can just be completely unprofessional and then cry sexism if you get called out on your bullsh!t.

There's plenty of people who will carry water for them on those accusations even when gender/sex wasn't even brought into conversation.

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

I want to be very clear on this booing - if you think Edmonton fans boo in the situation New Jersey fans did last night, you don't watch Edmonton games.  And Taylor would know that because he spent years in Edmonton playing for a sh!tty team.  Canadian fans don't boo.  Okay, Montreal does.  Everyone else?  Nah, not really, and most of them have been sh!tty for a very long time in recent memory.  You guys have way overestimated how kind Devils crowds are.   What Devils fans don't do is boo individual players in the way that happens in other places.  They didn't boo Rolston and they barely even booed Kovalchuk when he was at the height of his being awful.  But man, Milan Lucic wasn't getting booed last year.  

I'm not sure this is wrong, but I'm also not sure whether you're defending Hall's comments or not either. I suspect yes. Accurate or not, Hall was wrong to say what he did and the reason he's wrong is because those comments become fodder for the media to blow up across the hockey media landscape and it becomes a point of embarrassment for the Devils organization and their fans. It's not a huge thing but it's not really a cool thing to do. And it can hurt sales. I'm sure Harris/Blitzer weren't thrilled with that.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

There's plenty of people who will carry water for them on those accusations even when gender/sex wasn't even brought into conversation.

The reason you deserve to be called out is because you obsess over Abbey (and previously Amanda) and seem to need to knock her down constantly. Yeah, it's a little disturbing.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

The reason you deserve to be called out is because you obsess over Abbey (and previously Amanda) and seem to need to knock her down constantly. Yeah, it's a little disturbing.

I am far from the only one knocking Abbey and the other beat writers.  But your own obsessive perpetual grudge against me won't let you see/acknowledge that.

35 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

He has had some deranged grudge against me for a while now.  It's nothing new and it has been going on for years.

God forbid he says anything about DJ Eco's or Devilsfan118's posts about Abbey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If I really recall, I tried to get him to do an Abby versus Amanda “who would you rather”, and he declined to answer. His only comment has been on the quality of the job that they do. I happened to disagree with him on Amanda, because frankly, she’s not a reporter. I don’t follow Abby enough (at all) So I can’t comment on how she reports.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I really recall, I tried to get him to do an Abby versus Amanda “who would you rather”, and he declined to answer. His only comment has been on the quality of the job that they do. I happened to disagree with him on Amanda, because frankly, she’s not a reporter. I don’t follow Abby enough (at all) So I can’t comment on how she reports.

Gotcha.... And I agree about Amanda, she's PR for the team even though they call her a reporter. I actually think she does a great job at PR but I never expect her to ask a tough question since it's not in her job to do so. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

FWIW when I say "beat writers" I mean just Abbey and Chris Ryan.  Amanda is off the hook for reasons you have stated.

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Abbey is open to criticism, I've said that before. I've criticized her at times but the issue is really not that hard to figure out. I don't have any grudge against the DevsMan, he's just paranoid and angry. But he has bashed Abbey forever on this board - to the nth degree for everything she does, to the point it makes you wonder why he's attacking her like that. Then he openly proclaims how he was blocked by her for criticizing her Tweeting about baseball on Twitter during a game. And in context, the group of people - grown ass men - who are attacking Abbey on Twitter for Tweeting about non-Devils stuff are the absolute worst, most obsessive angry people in our entire fanbase and have harrassed Abbey on the platform since she started with the team. Seems like DevsMan is one of those people.

20 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Abbey is open to criticism, I've said that before. I've criticized her at times but the issue is really not that hard to figure out. I don't have any grudge against the DevsMan, he's just paranoid and angry. But he has bashed Abbey forever on this board - to the nth degree for everything she does, to the point it makes you wonder why he's attacking her like that. Then he openly proclaims how he was blocked by her for criticizing her Tweeting about baseball on Twitter during a game. And in context, the group of people - grown ass men - who are attacking Abbey on Twitter for Tweeting about non-Devils stuff are the absolute worst, most obsessive angry people in our entire fanbase and have harrassed Abbey on the platform since she started with the team. Seems like DevsMan is one of those people.

Maybe he thinks she does a sh!tty job? He brought it up in this thread within the context of our reporters asking tough questions (which was part of the discussion) so it’s not like brought up the topic out of the blue.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

lol you can call me paranoid and angry all you want.  Doesn't make it true.  Again, I wish you would also call out others who are saying the exact same thing as me; but both you and I know you won't.

When others are starting to see your weird, deranged grudge you have against me then maybe you should start re-thinking who is the paranoid and angry one here.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Maybe he thinks she does a sh!tty job? He brought it up in this thread within the context of our reporters asking tough questions (which was part of the discussion) so it’s not like brought up the topic out of the blue.

This is literally just today, 10/31/19:

DJ Eco posts her tweet and calls her insufferable.

Devilsfan118 replies and says the same.

I reply and basically say the same.

Neb00rs: "DEVSMAN84 IS PARANOID AND ANGRY AT ABBEY!!!!"

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

This is literally just today, 10/31/19:

DJ Eco posts her tweet and calls her insufferable.

Devilsfan118 replies and says the same.

I reply and basically say the same.

Neb00rs: "DEVSMAN84 IS PARANOID AND ANGRY AT ABBEY!!!!"

You can add me to the list too. 

2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

My guy, he's not obsessing over anyone.  Nor is he being particularly mean or nasty about it - he's just frustrated with how she's doing her supposed job.

Hell I've probably been more critical of her than anyone as of late.

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

ya know the more I think about it the less I think an NJDevs meetup would be fun.

I think if the product on the ice was actually fun it'd be fun.

We're all clearly passionate folks about this team, and what we've seen over the past month is enough to drive anyone crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

If Taylor Hall wants to pay for my season tickets I'll wave pom poms and yell you're the best buddy all game long, until then I'll boo when it's deserved and the start of this season absolutely deserves it. 

Does that include blowing smoke up his ass too, that maybe required.😍

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

You wouldn't be hurting the people who made the movie though, you would be hurting the person making minimum wage who now has to clean it up so yeah that's a pretty sh*tty(lol) analogy. 

Definition of Analogy

Analogy is a comparison between two things. Analogies function to describe or explain one thing by examining its similarities with another thing. The two things may be very dissimilar and the analogy forces the reader or listener to understand the connection between them.

You're not forcing yourself a single bit to understand the angle here buddy. You're just listening to discredit my point. 

The POINT is, IN MY OPINION paying money for a service, entertainment or wtv shouldn't buy you the right to be an a$$hole, what kind of mentality is that? Sure you can be pissed off and frustratred, totally understandable. But there's many many civilized ways to voice a displeasure and still be respectful.

Thats just my angle based on personal values. There's no need to argue here, nobody will change their mind

Edited by SterioDesign

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Definition of Analogy

Analogy is a comparison between two things. Analogies function to describe or explain one thing by examining its similarities with another thing. The two things may be very dissimilar and the analogy forces the reader or listener to understand the connection between them.

You're not forcing yourself a single bit to understand the angle here buddy. You're just listening to discredit my point. 

The POINT is, IN MY OPINION paying money for a service, entertainment or wtv shouldn't buy you the right to be an a$$hole, what kind of mentality is that? Sure you can be pissed off and frustratred, totally understandable. But there's many many civilized ways to voice a displeasure and still be respectful.

Thats just my angle based on personal values. There's no need to argue here, nobody will change their mind

You just love posting long winded garbage. We all know what an analogy is and your analogy was literally sh!t in both ways because it's stupid and you included actual sh!t in it lol If you think taking a sh!t on the floor of a movie theater because you don't like a movie is some great analogy to booing a hockey team you're beyond hopeless. 

You're a shining example of someone who thinks they are the smartest person in the room but in actuality has no idea how stupid they really are. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Couldn't watch the game last night as I'm on vacation. Apparently didn't miss much, although this thread is hella entertaining.  I watched the highlights and I must say, the choke jobs don't surprise me anymore. Nice to see Bratt score a couple though. 

I sure hope they turn it around, and quick. 

Edited by Devs3cups