Sign in to follow this  
RunninWithTheDevil

GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network

After a night to sleep it off I’m still pissed, and seriously considering paying money to go Friday just to boo them even more. The amount of blown leads is downright EMBARRASSING. They should be apologizing to the fans for this garbage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I want to be very clear on this booing - if you think Edmonton fans boo in the situation New Jersey fans did last night, you don't watch Edmonton games.  And Taylor would know that because he spent years in Edmonton playing for a sh!tty team.  Canadian fans don't boo.  Okay, Montreal does.  Everyone else?  Nah, not really, and most of them have been sh!tty for a very long time in recent memory.  You guys have way overestimated how kind Devils crowds are.   What Devils fans don't do is boo individual players in the way that happens in other places.  They didn't boo Rolston and they barely even booed Kovalchuk when he was at the height of his being awful.  But man, Milan Lucic wasn't getting booed last year.  

Are you sure about that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

None of these say 'team booed in the first period being down 2-1' - so yeah, I'm sure.  I should've said Canadian fans don't boo like American fans do.  They're not like Flyer fans and Ranger fans.  

my positive spin on halls comments are to take heat off of cory, which would be leadership in a way...but thats not what was going on there imo.

i went to parise first game back just to go boo him

maybe its what get hall motivated and now that i think about it,yeah

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Triumph said:

None of these say 'team booed in the first period being down 2-1' - so yeah, I'm sure.  I should've said Canadian fans don't boo like American fans do.  They're not like Flyer fans and Ranger fans.  

You're being needlessly pedantic. You talk about how much you dislike the hyperbole seven minutes after a loss and then follow it up with "canadian fans don't boo like American fans" and it took a three minute google search and copy-pasting the first five results to say that's absolutely ridiculous. 

Devils fans were booing 'down 2-1' because they had just given up the lead for the 455th time this season (source needed) and had three consecutive failed zone entries. That's well within their fans rights to boo. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You're being needlessly pedantic. You talk about how much you dislike the hyperbole seven minutes after a loss and then follow it up with "canadian fans don't boo like American fans" and it took a three minute google search and copy-pasting the first five results to say that's absolutely ridiculous. 

Devils fans were booing 'down 2-1' because they had just given up the lead for the 455th time this season (source needed) and had three consecutive failed zone entries. That's well within their fans rights to boo. 

But it's true, though - Canadian fans don't react the same way.  Canadian fans also don't react like American fans to goals.  American fans stand up when their team scores.  A lot of Canadian fans do not - they will pan the crowd and a sizable portion of the crowd will be seated.  It's slightly different, culture-wise.  

The fact that the first five examples are all ancient in SEO terms seems to suggest my point.  The Oilers have missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons since 2014-2015.  Where are the results from this era?  Why aren't fans losing their sh!t in 2018-19?

Edited by Triumph

Insufferable.

And when you read her article on last night's game, that question and answer (Hall grading his personal performance) are no where to be found. Just sniping at fans for fun at this point, this guy wasn't even being disrespectful, there just seems to be a resentment for having to cover this team this season.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 6

I want everyone to go into work tomorrow and do nothing the whole day, randomly walk around to people and curse them off, take a nap at your desk, break a few things and then come into work Monday and do your normal job.  Don’t worry about getting fired, you won’t.  That’s exactly how I relate to their season, they can be absolute sh!t game in and game out and there isn’t a fvcking consequence for anyone, especially that fvcking piece of sh!t hynes (refuse to capitalize his name).  Pathetic a$$ wipes.  Take Boston and put devils jerseys on every player and just by them wearing the jersey they’ll quickly become the worst team in the league.  Don’t get your hopes up, we can’t put bruins jerseys on and expect to win, doesn’t work in that direction.  Can only ruin a players career by putting a devils jersey on.  Fvck them all.

54 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Boo all you want, you have the right. My argument against would be one thing this team lacks now it's confidence (judging by the continuous blowing of leads) and average goaltending. Booing helps neither and will only contribute more towards the former.

I guess it's a matter of perspective.   It's one thing if you're talking about kids here, and little Johnny misses on a breakaway so you encourage him and try to lift his spirits.  That's what you're supposed to do - he's a good kid, and (hopefully) he'll learn and get better.  There are other people who don't coddle their kids/players at all, and purely subscribe to the 'tough love' theory.  For me it's a hybrid approach.  I'll encourage players at first, but at a certain point you just have to learn to be a man and figure it out and deal with it on your own.  This isn't the same situation though.  These are pros.  HIGHLY paid, "PROFESSIONAL" athletes.  If you want to say that they should be extended the same level of encouragement initially, ok, that's fine.  But I think we've all done that.  We've all gone to GREAT lengths to show up and support this team with a big fat fvcking smile on our faces.  Hell, we're all here right now on this message board discussing it because we care about the team and want them to succeed.  But I personally am beyond the point of sitting down mild mannered and just accepting what we're seeing on the ice night in and night out.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The fact that the first five examples are all ancient in SEO terms seems to suggest my point.  The Oilers have missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons since 2014-2015.  Where are the results from this era?  Why aren't fans losing their sh!t in 2018-19?

This is a video of them booing the team off the ice last season. At the time of the video being shot, the Oilers were 3 points out of a playoff spot. This was the second jersey toss of the year last year, and if your computer has speakers you'll see they're definitely not saying "wooooooo". So, there's last season.

Here's another fun video, where the players are walking to the locker room.

If you're asking why the fans aren't losing their sh!t this year, I'd imagine "first place in the western conference" has something to do with it? But then again, I guess I don't know.

Edited by MB3
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Insufferable.

And when you read her article on last night's game, that question and answer (Hall grading his personal performance) are no where to be found. Just sniping at fans for fun at this point, this guy wasn't even being disrespectful, there just seems to be a resentment for having to cover this team this season.

Not saying that this is the right attitude to have by any stretch, but I'm sure the Abbey-types are the ones who get certain fans to say "This is why I don't want chicks covering sports." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Insufferable.

She's unbelievable.

This is the modern era of being a beat reporter.  Bonus points if you're female because you can just be completely unprofessional and then cry sexism if you get called out on your bullsh!t.

• Like 2

Edmonton fans heckled the best player in the world and his parents while they were out for dinner...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

She's unbelievable.

This is the modern era of being a beat reporter.  Bonus points if you're female because you can just be completely unprofessional and then cry sexism if you get called out on your bullsh!t.

There's plenty of people who will carry water for them on those accusations even when gender/sex wasn't even brought into conversation.

3 hours ago, Triumph said:

I want to be very clear on this booing - if you think Edmonton fans boo in the situation New Jersey fans did last night, you don't watch Edmonton games.  And Taylor would know that because he spent years in Edmonton playing for a sh!tty team.  Canadian fans don't boo.  Okay, Montreal does.  Everyone else?  Nah, not really, and most of them have been sh!tty for a very long time in recent memory.  You guys have way overestimated how kind Devils crowds are.   What Devils fans don't do is boo individual players in the way that happens in other places.  They didn't boo Rolston and they barely even booed Kovalchuk when he was at the height of his being awful.  But man, Milan Lucic wasn't getting booed last year.  

I'm not sure this is wrong, but I'm also not sure whether you're defending Hall's comments or not either. I suspect yes. Accurate or not, Hall was wrong to say what he did and the reason he's wrong is because those comments become fodder for the media to blow up across the hockey media landscape and it becomes a point of embarrassment for the Devils organization and their fans. It's not a huge thing but it's not really a cool thing to do. And it can hurt sales. I'm sure Harris/Blitzer weren't thrilled with that.

If Taylor Hall wants to pay for my season tickets I'll wave pom poms and yell you're the best buddy all game long, until then I'll boo when it's deserved and the start of this season absolutely deserves it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

There's plenty of people who will carry water for them on those accusations even when gender/sex wasn't even brought into conversation.

The reason you deserve to be called out is because you obsess over Abbey (and previously Amanda) and seem to need to knock her down constantly. Yeah, it's a little disturbing.

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

The reason you deserve to be called out is because you obsess over Abbey (and previously Amanda) and seem to need to knock her down constantly. Yeah, it's a little disturbing.

I am far from the only one knocking Abbey and the other beat writers.  But your own obsessive perpetual grudge against me won't let you see/acknowledge that.

35 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

He has had some deranged grudge against me for a while now.  It's nothing new and it has been going on for years.

God forbid he says anything about DJ Eco's or Devilsfan118's posts about Abbey.

• Like 1