Jump to content

GDT: 10/30 Devs vs Bolts 7PM, MSG+, Devils Radio Network


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

 

 If I really recall, I tried to get him to do an Abby versus Amanda “who would you rather”, and he declined to answer. His only comment has been on the quality of the job that they do. I happened to disagree with him on Amanda, because frankly, she’s not a reporter. I don’t follow Abby enough (at all) So I can’t comment on how she reports.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ya know the more I think about it the less I think an NJDevs meetup would be fun.

I'm thankful that I live in Florida where zero people give a flying fart about the sport and the team that I love so dearly, and I have a weird little online family I've known since I was a high schoo

I'm thankful that regardless of the results, and no matter how frustrating those results can be and often have been in recent years, that I have my daughter with me most of the time.  When she was bor

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

 If I really recall, I tried to get him to do an Abby versus Amanda “who would you rather”, and he declined to answer. His only comment has been on the quality of the job that they do. I happened to disagree with him on Amanda, because frankly, she’s not a reporter. I don’t follow Abby enough (at all) So I can’t comment on how she reports.

Gotcha.... And I agree about Amanda, she's PR for the team even though they call her a reporter. I actually think she does a great job at PR but I never expect her to ask a tough question since it's not in her job to do so. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

 If I really recall, I tried to get him to do an Abby versus Amanda “who would you rather”, and he declined to answer. His only comment has been on the quality of the job that they do. I happened to disagree with him on Amanda, because frankly, she’s not a reporter. I don’t follow Abby enough (at all) So I can’t comment on how she reports.

FWIW when I say "beat writers" I mean just Abbey and Chris Ryan.  Amanda is off the hook for reasons you have stated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unless I'm just not remembering correctly all I've seen him do is talk about how he thinks she's bad at doing her job, which others and myself also agree with.

I don't remember him attacking her personally or saying anything that would be considered disturbing. If I'm wrong then refresh my memory because I missed it then. 

 

Abbey is open to criticism, I've said that before. I've criticized her at times but the issue is really not that hard to figure out. I don't have any grudge against the DevsMan, he's just paranoid and angry. But he has bashed Abbey forever on this board - to the nth degree for everything she does, to the point it makes you wonder why he's attacking her like that. Then he openly proclaims how he was blocked by her for criticizing her Tweeting about baseball on Twitter during a game. And in context, the group of people - grown ass men - who are attacking Abbey on Twitter for Tweeting about non-Devils stuff are the absolute worst, most obsessive angry people in our entire fanbase and have harrassed Abbey on the platform since she started with the team. Seems like DevsMan is one of those people.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Abbey is open to criticism, I've said that before. I've criticized her at times but the issue is really not that hard to figure out. I don't have any grudge against the DevsMan, he's just paranoid and angry. But he has bashed Abbey forever on this board - to the nth degree for everything she does, to the point it makes you wonder why he's attacking her like that. Then he openly proclaims how he was blocked by her for criticizing her Tweeting about baseball on Twitter during a game. And in context, the group of people - grown ass men - who are attacking Abbey on Twitter for Tweeting about non-Devils stuff are the absolute worst, most obsessive angry people in our entire fanbase and have harrassed Abbey on the platform since she started with the team. Seems like DevsMan is one of those people.

 

Maybe he thinks she does a sh!tty job? He brought it up in this thread within the context of our reporters asking tough questions (which was part of the discussion) so it’s not like brought up the topic out of the blue.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Abbey is open to criticism, I've said that before. I've criticized her at times but the issue is really not that hard to figure out. I don't have any grudge against the DevsMan, he's just paranoid and angry. But he has bashed Abbey forever on this board - to the nth degree for everything she does, to the point it makes you wonder why he's attacking her like that. Then he openly proclaims how he was blocked by her for criticizing her Tweeting about baseball on Twitter during a game. And in context, the group of people - grown ass men - who are attacking Abbey on Twitter for Tweeting about non-Devils stuff are the absolute worst, most obsessive angry people in our entire fanbase and have harrassed Abbey on the platform since she started with the team. Seems like DevsMan is one of those people.

 

lol you can call me paranoid and angry all you want.  Doesn't make it true.  Again, I wish you would also call out others who are saying the exact same thing as me; but both you and I know you won't.

When others are starting to see your weird, deranged grudge you have against me then maybe you should start re-thinking who is the paranoid and angry one here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devlman said:

Maybe he thinks she does a sh!tty job? He brought it up in this thread within the context of our reporters asking tough questions (which was part of the discussion) so it’s not like brought up the topic out of the blue.

This is literally just today, 10/31/19:

DJ Eco posts her tweet and calls her insufferable.

Devilsfan118 replies and says the same.

I reply and basically say the same.

Neb00rs: "DEVSMAN84 IS PARANOID AND ANGRY AT ABBEY!!!!"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

This is literally just today, 10/31/19:

DJ Eco posts her tweet and calls her insufferable.

Devilsfan118 replies and says the same.

I reply and basically say the same.

Neb00rs: "DEVSMAN84 IS PARANOID AND ANGRY AT ABBEY!!!!"

You can add me to the list too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

The reason you deserve to be called out is because you obsess over Abbey (and previously Amanda) and seem to need to knock her down constantly. Yeah, it's a little disturbing.

My guy, he's not obsessing over anyone.  Nor is he being particularly mean or nasty about it - he's just frustrated with how she's doing her supposed job.

Hell I've probably been more critical of her than anyone as of late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

ya know the more I think about it the less I think an NJDevs meetup would be fun.

I think if the product on the ice was actually fun it'd be fun.

We're all clearly passionate folks about this team, and what we've seen over the past month is enough to drive anyone crazy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

If Taylor Hall wants to pay for my season tickets I'll wave pom poms and yell you're the best buddy all game long, until then I'll boo when it's deserved and the start of this season absolutely deserves it. 

Does that include blowing smoke up his ass too, that maybe required.😍

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

You wouldn't be hurting the people who made the movie though, you would be hurting the person making minimum wage who now has to clean it up so yeah that's a pretty sh*tty(lol) analogy. 

Definition of Analogy

Analogy is a comparison between two things. Analogies function to describe or explain one thing by examining its similarities with another thing. The two things may be very dissimilar and the analogy forces the reader or listener to understand the connection between them.

You're not forcing yourself a single bit to understand the angle here buddy. You're just listening to discredit my point. 

The POINT is, IN MY OPINION paying money for a service, entertainment or wtv shouldn't buy you the right to be an a$$hole, what kind of mentality is that? Sure you can be pissed off and frustratred, totally understandable. But there's many many civilized ways to voice a displeasure and still be respectful.

Thats just my angle based on personal values. There's no need to argue here, nobody will change their mind

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Definition of Analogy

Analogy is a comparison between two things. Analogies function to describe or explain one thing by examining its similarities with another thing. The two things may be very dissimilar and the analogy forces the reader or listener to understand the connection between them.

You're not forcing yourself a single bit to understand the angle here buddy. You're just listening to discredit my point. 

The POINT is, IN MY OPINION paying money for a service, entertainment or wtv shouldn't buy you the right to be an a$$hole, what kind of mentality is that? Sure you can be pissed off and frustratred, totally understandable. But there's many many civilized ways to voice a displeasure and still be respectful.

Thats just my angle based on personal values. There's no need to argue here, nobody will change their mind

You just love posting long winded garbage. We all know what an analogy is and your analogy was literally sh!t in both ways because it's stupid and you included actual sh!t in it lol If you think taking a sh!t on the floor of a movie theater because you don't like a movie is some great analogy to booing a hockey team you're beyond hopeless. 

You're a shining example of someone who thinks they are the smartest person in the room but in actuality has no idea how stupid they really are. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't watch the game last night as I'm on vacation. Apparently didn't miss much, although this thread is hella entertaining.  I watched the highlights and I must say, the choke jobs don't surprise me anymore. Nice to see Bratt score a couple though. 

 

I sure hope they turn it around, and quick. 

Edited by Devs3cups
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Couldn't watch the game last night as I'm on vacation. Apparently didn't miss much, although this thread is hella entertaining.  I watched the highlights and I must say, the choke jobs don't surprise me anymore. Nice to see Bratt score a couple though. 

 

I sure hope they turn it around, and quick. 

This thread and the game were very similar, so you are all caught up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

well, i feel bad killing cory now as we just went trick or treating at his house and he took like 50 pictures with the kids (as did hughes).

love him as a neighbor. as a goaltender for my team, not as much.

Hughes could have went trick or treating himself lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Hughes could have went trick or treating himself lol

Oh wow, look at this little Devil!  Is your favorite player Jack Hughes?  Do you want to play hockey someday?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh wow, look at this little Devil!  Is your favorite player Jack Hughes?  Do you want to play hockey someday?  

My oldest is almost 16 and he looked like he was one of the kids in her 10th grade class. It’s ridiculous. 

 

PS - Cory’s house is very very nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

My oldest is almost 16 and he looked like he was one of the kids in her 10th grade class. It’s ridiculous. 

 

PS - Cory’s house is very very nice. 

I’m sure you’re 100% right on both counts.

I’m sure Cory is a good guy too.  Must be killing him that he’s off to another rotten start.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

well, i feel bad killing cory now as we just went trick or treating at his house and he took like 50 pictures with the kids (as did hughes).

love him as a neighbor. as a goaltender for my team, not as much.

Couldn’t you have subtly said “think you could pick it up Cory?  That’s what I want for Halloween”

You know you wanted to say it.  Or you could have worn a costume with a note written on it stating something similar.

I wouldn’t feel bad about criticizing the hell out of him on here just because he took some pictures.  Most players would have done the exact same thing.  You spend your money to see them perform at games and what kind of satisfaction do you get out of that?  Obviously nothing at all this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m sure you’re 100% right on both counts.

I’m sure Cory is a good guy too.  Must be killing him that he’s off to another rotten start.  

His quotes from last night definitely sound that way. I was holding out hope from his stronger play at the end of last season and his preseason but I don't know. He may just be done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.