Devils = NY Jets

Daniel

Like the Johnson brothers, our owners accept losing and sometimes seem to take it as a sign of their own cleverness.  Like the Jets, our GM moves between tanking and making an offseason splash but has never shown that he's capable of building a winning team (the ones he had in Pittsburgh were gifted to him).  Like the Jets, the players and the organization blame the fans for their own inability to win games.  Like the Jets, a lot of high draft picks with nothing to show for it.  Hell, is it a surprise that the Devils players are often seen smiling it up at Jets games?

Not meant to dunk on Jets fans, who go through a lot.  If anything, we're all starting to know what it feels like.

T have a question. When did you turn into a nut bar? People Eyewear Photo caption

I'm not sure what's worse...the Devils losing or what Daniel posts when the Devils are losing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It’s not THAT nuts to compare the two teams other than the fact the Devils are a perennial tease while the Jets usually end your misery inside ten minutes. Plus Joe Douglas has had five minutes there while Shero and Hynes have had five years here. But I’m not going to lie these seasons are mirror images of each other results wise complete with the home season opener collapses that set a tone. And right now Hall is doing his best Jamal Adams impersonation whining about everything else while he sucks as bad as anyone 

Really the biggest similarity is both GM’s  are undermining themselves with loyalty to terrible coaches 

Edited by NJDevs4978

52 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

T have a question. When did you turn into a nut bar? People Eyewear Photo caption

I'm not sure what's worse...the Devils losing or what Daniel posts when the Devils are losing...

It’s a total matter of perspective. Some would say enjoying his meltdowns is the silver lining of a Devils loss. 

• Like 1

Historically you can't make the comparison

As of right now yes there's more to it thank you would think. Though just pure talent wise relative to their competition the Devils are obviously ahead of the Jets where they stand to the rest of the NFL

There was an interview that was posted by the Devils where they introduced their new President, Jake Reynolds, who took over for Hugh Weber.  When they asked him to list what are the most important things for the team in his view, "winning" was the FOURTH thing he named.

Edited by DevsMan84

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

There was an interview that was posted by the Devils where they introduced their new President, Jake Reynolds, who took over for Hugh Weber.  When they asked him to list what are the most important things for the team in his view, "winning" was the FOURTH thing he named.

Where was Rita's Custard on the list, Im just curious. It has to be top 5. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Where was Rita's Custard on the list, Im just curious. It has to be top 5. 

1) Auntie Anne's

2) Rita's

3) Mrs. Fields

4) Winning

• Like 3

Just now, MB3 said:

What about this off-season makes you think the owners aren’t committed to winning? Was it taking all of the 27 million dollars PK was owed that had most teams out? Was it handing out 9 million dollars to a guy that’s never played an NHL shift? Was it overpaying for a 3rd/4th line guy to help be an enforcer for the young team? Maybe it was the 50 million dollars he committed to a player making under a million to ensure he was around long term. 

im frustrated with the coach and the players. I have zero complaints about the ownership and management.

I don't think the owners are not committed to winning.  I just found it a little jarring when the new President of the team lists winning fourth on his most important priorities for the team.

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

What about this off-season makes you think the owners aren’t committed to winning? Was it taking all of the 27 million dollars PK was owed that had most teams out? Was it handing out 9 million dollars to a guy that’s never played an NHL shift? Was it overpaying for a 3rd/4th line guy to help be an enforcer for the young team? Maybe it was the 50 million dollars he committed to a player making under a million to ensure he was around long term. 

im frustrated with the coach and the players. I have zero complaints about the ownership and management.

I was really just joking in my post (assuming you were not only responding to DM84 in your post).  I don't think it's any major indictment on the new President that he didn't mention winning right away.  I do think the organization is committed to it.  It's just not working out at the moment (but like you've noted, still a lot of hockey to play yet...I still have hope for this year). 

The Jets and the Johnsons are 10000000x worse. I actually like our owners meanwhile the Johnson brothers are trying to kill babies, absolutely rob money from their season ticket holders with PSL's to build what is the worst "new" NFL stadium in the league and that damn ugly thing doesn't even have a roof. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

as a life long Jets fan, I can easily tell you the Devils are nowhere NEAR the jets in futility and trash leadership.. shero has done well creating HIS TEAM, fast and skilled... bad luck and bad goaltending is a crap shoot. the jets offensive line is historically bad, their WR corp is sub NFL quality. they are getting their young QB killed.. they let the worst GM in franchise history run a draft before they fired him, etc etc

• Like 1