GDT - Devils vs Flyers 11/1/19 7:00 MSG+ 2

NJDfan1711

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I didn't really have a problem with it. It's kind of the opposite of complaining. After all, the fans were booing. So he scored and gave us a, "now boo." No issue with that at all if he's going to score. Yeah, it let's other fanbases talk some sh!t, but whatever, we win, the talking goes away, we lose, it doesn't. If you want Hall to toughen up, then you gotta toughen up to when Hall puts his hand to his ear.

Guy is on an 82-point pace and probably hasn't even got hot yet. Dude could go for 90+ again this year. He's been physical out there as well, and sat in the locker room today and gave a good interview stating it's not the time to give up on the team and that it's on guys like him to step up right now.

Not sure he's such an obvious scapegoat.

Hall is not signing here so it's a moot point anyway. He can say whatever he wants but this season is over. Trade deadline can't come soon enough.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neb00rs said:

I didn't really have a problem with it. It's kind of the opposite of complaining. After all, the fans were booing. So he scored and gave us a, "now boo." No issue with that at all if he's going to score. Yeah, it let's other fanbases talk some sh!t, but whatever, we win, the talking goes away, we lose, it doesn't. If you want Hall to toughen up, then you gotta toughen up to when Hall puts his hand to his ear.

Guy is on an 82-point pace and probably hasn't even got hot yet. Dude could go for 90+ again this year. He's been physical out there as well, and sat in the locker room today and gave a good interview stating it's not the time to give up on the team and that it's on guys like him to step up right now.

I don't disagree with you on most of this post, but much like his comments the other night - it was a poor decision.

I mean, let's be clear: he didn't "Andrew Ference" the crowd here but.. why even gesture towards the crowd?  Like.. it's just a stupid choice.  Because it leads to idiots like us talking about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

He's not signing here and we have a whopping 2 wins with him anyway so who cares. 

You're right but I don't think you're getting the value we need for him at this point. Gotta at least see where he's at around Thanksgiving. Hopefully he/we can get things going by then and maybe shop him out for a D? I don't even know what to do at this point. This season seems like a lost cause but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger yet. Very glad I'm not in Ray's shoes.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Hall is not signing here so it's a moot point anyway. Trade deadline can't come soon enough. 

Maybe, different point though. I think we can all agree, that we've never overcome the early season mistakes. Everything would be different now if Hall had just supported the right goal song. 😝

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Guy is on an 82-point pace and probably hasn't even gotent hot yet. Dude could go for 90+ again this year. He's been physical out there as well, and sat in the locker room today and gave a good interview stating it's not the time to give up on the team and that it's on guys like him to step up right now.

i was typing something similar just as you posted this.

Anyone not okay with his celly better not be the same posters saying he should grow a thicker skin. Cause that'd be incredibly hypocrite

Some fans were rude/disrespectful booing the team during a PP. He got them back. Everyone is frustrated. Why should it be a one way street? 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i was typing something similar just as you posted this.

Anyone not okay with his celly better not be the same posters saying he should grow a thicker skin. Cause that'd be incredibly hypocrite

Some fans were rude/disrespectful booing the team during a PP. He got them back. Everyone is frustrated. Why should it be a one way street? 

The crowd booed for a whopping 10 seconds during a PP and this mental midget goes and comments about it when not asked about and then motions to the crowd at his ear. I mean ffs come on guys 1+1=2. Do you think Stevens or Nieds or Elias would complain about the fans booing? Because they wouldn't, because they're professionals. 

I always liked Hall, it's not like I've always hated him and am using this to as an excuse to sh!t on him. 

This sh!t was a joke and if you guys enjoy spending your money to be trolled by some ass hat hockey player then good for you but I'm out. 

I'll be using all my buybacks for this season and selling any games I can actually make my money back on which won't be many anyway. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Uhhh.. what?  Care to explain the logic on this one - he's showing how thin his skin in by continuing this pathetic back and fourth with his own fan base.

Because he's a paid God damn professional and he should be acting like one.  He's almost 30 too - this is some immature sh!t.

Do you know how many dumbass individuals I deal with on a daily basis that I would love nothing more than to dunk on when they say or do something stupid?  How many times I'd love to fire back when they throw some bullsh!t at me?  But.. I don't, because my company pays me to interact with these clients and represent the company professionally.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The crowd booed for a whopping 10 seconds during a PP and this mental midget goes and comments about it when not asked about and then motions to the crowd at his ear. I mean ffs come on guys 1+1=2.

Yeah. He was angry. He was frustrated at hearing the boos. A critical comment came out - he took a little shot. So what? He wants to win, he doesn't want to get boo'd. He's a fvcking hockey player not a saint. You're right, it wasn't a great comment, but...it's not that big of deal. Guy came out and put up a goal and an assist today - not like he's just phoning it in and it's not like he's refusing to answer questions. What are you looking for an apology? I'd rather him play angry and score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The crowd booed for a whopping 10 seconds during a PP and this mental midget goes and comments about it when not asked about and then motions to the crowd at his ear. I mean ffs come on guys 1+1=2.

I always liked Hall, it's not like I've always hated him and am using this to as an excuse to sh!t on him. 

This sh!t was a joke and if you guys enjoy spending your money to be trolled by some ass hat hockey player then good for you but I'm out. 

I'll be using all my buybacks for this season and selling any games I can actually make my money back on which won't be many anyway. 

The fans started the trolling. Booing your team when they have a PP, when they already scored a PP in the game and when the game is still on the line is equivalent as fans cheering a goalie making an easy save when he has a bad game to mock him, it's 100% trolling.

Boo after a loss... boo after a shorthanded goal against you... boo after a failed 5 on 3... boo after the team fail to score on 7 PP in a row... boo after you blow a lead....wtv... not during a PP where you should encourage you team to score. The booing was 100% about being bitter about past games and not supporting the team.

This is exactly what chased Roy out of MTL and he won the cup that year.

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The fans started the trolling. Booing your team when they have a PP, when they already scored a PP in the game and when the game is still on the line is equivalent as fans cheering a goalie making an easy save when he has a bad game to mock him, it's 100% trolling.

Boo after a loss... boo after a shorthanded goal against you... boo after a failed 5 on 3... boo after the team fail to score on 7 PP in a row... boo after you blow a lead....wtv... not during a PP where you should encourage you team to score. The booing was 100% about being bitter about past games and not supporting the team.

This is exactly what chased Roy out of MTL and he won the cup that year.

We have had better leaders teams get booed here. Stevens, Neids, Elias even Langs who could be moody and Marty were all on teams here that got booed and none of them ever did this nonsense. If you think it's acceptable and alright good for you. 

I didn't even boo the PP the other night. I'm not supporting this clown who is leaving first chance he gets anyway. I'm done with him.

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Uhhh.. what?  Care to explain the logic on this one - he's showing how thin his skin in by continuing this pathetic back and fourth with his own fan base.

Because he's a paid God damn professional and he should be acting like one.  He's almost 30 too - this is some immature sh!t.

Do you know how many dumbass individuals I deal with on a daily basis that I would love nothing more than to dunk on when they say or do something stupid?  How many times I'd love to fire back when they throw some bullsh!t at me?  But.. I don't, because my company pays me to interact with these clients and represent the company professionally.

Sure, i don't mind. But i may have answered that in my previous post. I've been notified that i'm repeating myself too often though ask again if you still didnt get an answer 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

We have had better leaders teams get booed here. Stevens, Neids, Elias even Langs who could be moody and Marty were all on teams here that got booed and none of them ever did this nonsense. If you think it's acceptable and alright good for you. 

I didn't even boo the PP the other night. I'm not supporting this clown who is leaving first chance he gets anyway. I'm done with him.

You don't seem to see the big picture though

Hall said he was fine with booing and said he understand the fans are frustrated. He even said the fans were welcome to boo them after a loss or wtv.

But to boo them when they are on the PP which is the one thing they are actually decent at and after they actually scored a PP goal not long before... that's just ridiculous from the fans and i 100% agree with him.

So the narrative that Hall can't handle boos or wtv is just false.

8 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yeah. He was angry. He was frustrated at hearing the boos. A critical comment came out - he took a little shot. So what? He wants to win, he doesn't want to get boo'd. He's a fvcking hockey player not a saint. You're right, it wasn't a great comment, but...it's not that big of deal. Guy came out and put up a goal and an assist today - not like he's just phoning it in and it's not like he's refusing to answer questions. What are you looking for an apology? I'd rather him play angry and score.

I wanted him to be a professional to begin with and I'm not looking for anything at this point because I'm done with Hall and he's leaving anyway so it all works out in the end anyway.

I'll drop this topic after tonight because I'm not going to beat the horse to death and annoy everyone else with this. 

If it doesn't bother you that Hall did this nonsense then good for you. This pathetic bunch has a lot more boos coming their way so Hall won't have to put his hand up to his ear to hear anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

You don't seem to see the big picture though

Hall said he was fine with booing and said he understand the fans are frustrated. He even said the fans were welcome to boo them after a loss or wtv.

But to boo them when they are on the PP which is the one thing they are actually decent at and after they actually scored a PP goal not long before... that's just ridiculous from the fans and i 100% agree with him.

So the narrative that Hall can't handle boos or wtv is just false.

If Hall wants to pay for my season tickets then he can tell me how I should cheer. Until then he can fvck off. 

• Like 2

fvck Taylor Hall with that insulting celebration. Lucky goal and an overall abysmal performance by him 5v5, and a pathetic shootout attempt. He doesn’t want to be here.

This team sucks so bad 3 on 3. They didn’t test Hart at all. Lizard man’s combinations never work.

Another third period blown lead at home. Just when I couldn’t get more ashamed of that record, I go even lower. I don’t want to hear a damn thing about how we played well. We still found a way to lose despite having great odds to win in the third.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hit the post said:

I wonder what Jack thinks of all this losing,booing and the fans in general ?  As for Hall he's been labeled an elite player but sure doesn't play like one. Yes he had a goal and an assist tonight.....big whoop that should be every game from an elite player.

The booing hasn't been that bad at all. Hall wasn't even booed tonight when he first touched the puck like some thought he might. This fan base in general is too nice for me.

Hughes gets the Hughessssss yell every time he touches the puck. He'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

Jack Hughes isn't completely ready to be out there in OT, but Zajac really isn't quick enough to be a better option out there. Nonetheless, Hughes in the d-zone 3 on 3 is an adventure.

Agreed, so why not Zacha then?? Nothing Hynes does makes sense anymore.

Just now, devlman said:

Agreed, so why not Zacha then?? Nothing Hynes does makes sense anymore.

I mean, no one has the offensive upside Hughes does at center. I'm not opposed to seeing Zacha out there 3-on-3 though. Hynes is trying to get Hughes on the ice in favorable situations in OT, which we should like, but he's ended up in bad d-zone situations now in OT two games in a row. Hynes deployed him cleverly in the o-zone at one point, i think about midway through the extra time, but unfortunately he lost his edge and slipped.

Hynes clearly favors' Hughes' speed and skill in OT though - we saw him take Hughes off the top line at the end of the third period at 5v5 (both Zajac and Hischier took o-zone faceoffs between Hall/Palms) but still went back to him for OT.

To your last point, I'm a broken record, but obviously I disagree that nothing Hynes does makes sense. His lineup decisions, for the most part, make sense - working with what he's got. Tennyson should probably come out of the lineup for Mueller - Mueller is better, if yes, still bad. Hynes probably likes that Tennyson provides a little more offensive ability.

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The booing hasn't been that bad at all. Hall wasn't even booed tonight when he first touched the puck like some thought he might. This fan base in general is too nice for me.

Hughes gets the Hughessssss yell every time he touches the puck. He'll be fine. 

Oh yeah he was, maybe not the first time he had the puck but really early in the game...it wasn't the majority of the crowd but it was VERY quickly canceled out by a Let's Go Devils chant once the other people realized some booing started.

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Someone did ask him but the video cuts off his response. I'm sure we'll hear it eventually. 

LOL that makes it look like there's something to hide.  But you'd think at some point it would come out even if there was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Oh yeah he was, maybe not the first time he had the puck but really early in the game...it wasn't the majority of the crowd but it was VERY quickly canceled out by a Let's Go Devils chant once the other people realized some booing started.

LOL that makes it look like there's something to hide.  But you'd think at some point it would come out even if there was.

I didn't hear any near me and even I didn't boo though I'm probably pissed off more than most people about this. I did boo him on his shootout miss though. 

Yeah I'm really curious to hear what he said. 

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't hear any near me and even I didn't boo though I'm probably pissed off more than most people about this. I did boo him on his shootout miss though. 

Yeah I'm really curious to hear what he said.