GDT - Devils vs Flyers 11/1/19 7:00 MSG+ 2

NJDfan1711

What a bunch losers. I just can’t with this team at this point...

Hall putting his hand up to his ear after a freak goal went in where he did next to nothing but fall down was priceless. Yeah, Taylor, you’re stud lol

Really glad Hayden and Rooney were available for shootout. 

What an absolute mess. Season over by Thanksgiving. Even worse than last year, they actually made it to Xmas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i just got home from seeing Terminator Dark Fate. Glad to see Simmonds finally scored and against Philly too. It's just perfect

Bad joke upcoming.. hopefully i wont see Devils Dark Fate now.

Bad joke delivered.

I went and saw Jojo Rabbit instead of staying home to watch the game. Good decision. Movie was great, and the Devils choked away another game at home. Shocker. 

Sounds like I missed a hell of a game... :(

Saw the Hall celebration replay. Kind of a dck move and not the type of leader we need. Looks like he's waiting for the trade to happen and we're prob better off at this point getting what we can for him. It was nice knowing you Hall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

You don't take Hall after 11 games because you're butthurt about his celly. You're starting to sound as ridiculous as Daniel

He’s not re-signing anyway. Satan’s not wrong. Shero should begin shopping him ASAP. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m presently in the hospital trying to pass a kidney stone. This is only marginally worse than tonight’s game. 

Ah damn, sorry to hear that, those can be caused by stress so it's probably this awful team that caused it, you should send them your medical bills lol kidding aside I hope you feel better soon! 

7 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

I didn't really have a problem with it. It's kind of the opposite of complaining. After all, the fans were booing. So he scored and gave us a, "now boo." No issue with that at all if he's going to score. Yeah, it let's other fanbases talk some sh!t, but whatever, we win, the talking goes away, we lose, it doesn't. If you want Hall to toughen up, then you gotta toughen up to when Hall puts his hand to his ear.

Guy is on an 82-point pace and probably hasn't even gotten hot yet. Dude could go for 90+ again this year. He's been physical out there as well, and sat in the locker room today and gave a good interview stating it's not the time to give up on the team and that it's on guys like him to step up right now.

Not sure he's such an obvious scapegoat.

I pretty much agree with this. I have no problem with Halls effort or commitment and I definitely think he's a leader on this team & cares about the results. I don't think he's quite found his groove yet (like a few of the team) but I'd be surprised if he doesn't sooner rather than later. The team as a whole hasn't started the season as we all wanted but there's been signs of improvements over the last few games and they've had some really crappy luck. They can't buy a win right now and there's frustration all round as expectations were higher than they probably should've been but there's still plenty of time to turn it around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ah damn, sorry to hear that, those can be caused by stress so it's probably this awful team that caused it, you should send them your medical bills lol kidding aside I hope you feel better soon! 

2 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Ouch! All the best & I hope you're out of there soon.

Thanks boys.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

What did you think?  I saw it last night. Spoilers for people who didn't see it... 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the terminators themselves looked awesome but this was basically pointless. Cyberdyne was defeated and then John gets killed anyway and so it just all happens anyway under the name Legion and the new savior is just Dani. To me, even if they stop this one something and someone else will just replace cyberdyne/Legion and John/Dani. The fate of everything happening is inevitable. The actress playing Dani was also not the least bit believable as being a savior. I did like Grace's character a lot though and she was a bad ass. Overall I thought this was a complete miss story wise. 

Oh..

Spoiler

I personally loved it. Obviously you had to go in with the right mindset to be able to appreciate it. I'm a huge Terminator fan so i wanted to like it. I didnt really like any of the other sequels. 

It's certainly not a perfect movie, i was kind of bummed with how it started for obvious reasons, but i get it needed to be done to push the story forwward. Then the obvious gender politics that was pushed through the movie is usually something that annoys the hell out of me but i was able to let that go too. I loved all the characters and i was fine with a story that was really similar to T2. Some really good action scenes, some were a bit too much and it makes you numb to action like some superhero/transformers movies are... but still not a bad movie.

Thought it was really funny and cheesy, at this point they had to. And it was quite touching, i had tears rolling down at the end of the movie so someone did something right.

I guess it's not doing well though and not getting good reviews, it was bound to happen but wtv. I like to pretend the franchise ended with T2 but this was the best sequel out of them all. 

• Like 1

Friday night was a blast for me personally.  While the end-result sucked, I had a great time with my dad.

Before the game we stopped at a pizzeria in Vauxhall where we used to stop all the time when he used to take me to games back in the 90's.  I've only been back to this place once before in the past decade and it's almost exactly the same as it was back then with some very minor changes.  Pizza is still very tasty but greasy as hell.

At the game we sat in the same section as where the players and their families sat.  We were one row behind Lindsey Vonn (hard to miss a tall, good looking blonde wearing a leopard print outfit).  I saw a few others like Hall's gf who sat two rows behind us and Coleman's wife who sat a row behind Hall's gf.

My dad was really impressed by the new jumbo-Tron.  He said they finally put one in that he could actually see and was made for senior-citizens.  He watched about 1/3 of the game from the screen (mostly when it was the other end of the rink).

We sat right next to Blackwood's family and they actually snuck a couple beers from the players lounge to give to me and my dad.  That was really nice of them and Blackwood might now be my new favorite player.

Anyways it was a blast.  My dad is 79 and is in the very early stages of Alzheimer's.  I got one of those new warmup-used pucks they sell for $40 with the date and teams playing as a momento.  I just really hope this isn't the last game I ever go with him.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m really sorry to hear that DM. All the best to you and your family. 

Thanks!

its been tough to see but the silver lining is that physically he is in pretty good shape at his age.  He has some minor arthritis but he is still very mobile.  Hasn't had any joints replaced and still drives around town in his truck as well as work on the yard and his vegetable garden (his hobby).  He is often mistaken as being 10 years younger by strangers.

• Like 2