GDT - Devils vs Flyers 11/1/19 7:00 MSG+ 2

12 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

LGD, Schneider in net,same lineup hopefully not the same results

Amanda said Blackwood was first off the ice but no confirmation yen but add sh!t like no Gusev and Boqvist playing meanwhile Wood and Hayden get to play and that's just another reason I'm beyond sick of this year already. 

Gusev is somehow a horrible defensive liability at -1 yet we have Wood with his -6 and Hughes and Nico at -5.

Not saying Gusev is gonna be the miracle to turn the season around but at least start him so he can get some powerplay time instead of watching Wood skate around like a moron. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be there with my dad tonight.  First time I have gone to a game with him in about 4-5 years.

Friday night was a blast for me personally.  While the end-result sucked, I had a great time with my dad. Before the game we stopped at a pizzeria in Vauxhall where we used to stop all the time w

He should worry about the game more than the fans. Mental midget. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Amanda said Blackwood was first off the ice but no confirmation yen but add sh!t like no Gusev and Boqvist playing meanwhile Wood and Hayden get to play and that's just another reason I'm beyond sick of this year already. 

Gusev is somehow a horrible defensive liability at -1 yet we have Wood with his -6 and Hughes and Nico at -5.

Not saying Gusev is gonna be the miracle to turn the season around but at least start him so he can get some powerplay time instead of watching Wood skate around like a moron. 

The other beat writers are confused now too, they are going to confirm with Hynes

• Like 2

lol Gusev gets scratched the last game to sit with Elias and observe the defensive side of the game.

Devils get scored on 7 times in the game and yet they sit Gusev again!  I guess they feel either that with Gusev in the lineup it would have been more than 7 goals again or they are calling a mulligan.

Oh and Boqvist scratched again.  Who could have seen that coming? (sarcasm)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Goose and Boqvist still scratched. The fvck did we get them for then? fvcking Hynes

One question worth asking:  is Hynes making these decisions completely on his own?  This could all be collaborative for all we know (Shero and Fitz having considerable input). 

They scored 6 goals last game with the two of them sitting.  They don't bring anything defensively to the game so I don't see why this matters.  Focus on not getting scored on, we have plenty of firepower.

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Devils going with the seldom-used 2G, 2D and 2F lineup.

Image result for cotton let's see if it pays off

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

They scored 6 goals last game with the two of them sitting.  They don't bring anything defensively to the game so I don't see why this matters.  Focus on not getting scored on, we have plenty of firepower.

Powerplay was still 1 for 5 last game and Wood and his -6 doesn't bring anything defensively either. I'd rather see Gusev and Boqvist get any sort of playing time and learn over a scrub like Hayden and Wood who has been horrible this year. 

• Like 2

Do not boo Hall.

It's one thing to be upset about what he said, and that's fine, but we don't need to make this more annoying than it has to be just to get the next word in. If you're thinking of booing him early before the game has taken course, wipe the sand out of your bikini and get over it.

Edited by DJ Eco
1 minute ago, DJ Eco said:

Do not boo Hall.

It's one thing to be upset about what he said, and that's fine, but we don't need to make this more annoying than it has to be just to get the next word in.

He’s definitely getting booed at his first touch of the puck. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Goose and Boqvist still scratched. The fvck did we get them for then? fvcking Hynes

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Boqvist is a little more understandable, because he's pretty young.  But Gusev is 27. Twenty-fvcking-seven.  He's not going to adjust to a new style of hockey (smaller rink, more physical, less space/a bit slower) by sitting in the press box.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, but at the same time, with them being "defensive liabilities", we also gave up 7.  So really, I think that shows pretty definitively that they were/are NOT the problem on defense lol.  But hey, that's just me.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Powerplay was still 1 for 5 last game and Wood and his -6 doesn't bring anything defensively either. I'd rather see Gusev and Boqvist get any sort of playing time and learn over a scrub like Hayden and Wood who has been horrible this year. 

Wood might not have skill but he plays better along the boards than Gusev or Boqvist. 

You make a good point about the power play though.

Gusev played 9 games and the power play went 3 for 34.  He had no power play points.

Boqvist played 2 games and the power play went 0 for 6 soooooo

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, but at the same time, with them being "defensive liabilities", we also gave up 7.  So really, I think that shows pretty definitively that they were/are NOT the problem on defense lol.  But hey, that's just me.

I don't think they are sitting solely because they are defensive liabilities.  They ARE sitting to learn the game, as Hynes stated.  I don't know what exactly they are doing since I'm not there or watching them run drills in practice but it seems like the coaching staff has a plan, whether or not it's effective is a totally different (and seemingly pretty depressing) conversation.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Wood might not have skill but he plays better along the boards than Gusev or Boqvist. 

You make a good point about the power play though.

Gusev played 9 games and the power play went 3 for 34.  He had no power play points.

Boqvist played 2 games and the power play went 0 for 6 soooooo

Wood is good at hitting the boards more than hitting anyone else lately. 

I don't know how much pp time Gusev actually had to begin with but with his shot it makes sense to have them out there. Wasn't talking about Boqvist getting pp time, simply that I would rather see him get out there and learn than see Hayden do nothing. 

Our only 2 wins have came with Gusev in lol I just don't see how watching games from the stands makes any sense when he can watch plenty of video. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wood is good at hitting the boards more than hitting anyone else lately. 

I don't know how much pp time Gusev actually had to begin with but with his shot it makes sense to have them out there. Wasn't talking about Boqvist getting pp time, simply that I would rather see him get out there and learn than see Hayden do nothing. 

Our only 2 wins have came with Gusev in lol I just don't see how watching games from the stands makes any sense when he can watch plenty of video. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm with you on wishing that both Gusev and especially Boqvist were in the lineup.  If anything, they're a lot more fun to watch than Rooney and Hayden.  I'm just trying to make sense of and explain (to myself?) why the coaching staff is making the decisions they are making.  Not to devalue anyone's opinion, but let's be real here, despite the results, they obviously know what they are doing a hell of a lot more than we do.  That's why they are employed by a professional hockey team and we are tapping on keyboards and cellphones.  I'm just trying to understand why..

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Crisis said:

they obviously know what they are doing a hell of a lot more than we do.  That's why they are employed by a professional hockey team and we are tapping on keyboards and cellphones.

Hell even that's debatable at this point lol I totally get what you're saying though. Even Shero definitely feels like something is off otherwise they wouldn't have put Fitz down behind the bench. Shero said Hynes requested that Fitz help out so even if that's true then it hints at Hynes not believing in Nas anymore. 

This whole team is a mess lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Gusev has been fvcking awful.  There's just no other word to describe how he has played off the puck.  Gusev is last in the league in scoring chances for/against when he's on the ice.  Dead last.  Thankfully, Hynes doesn't give a sh!t about +/-.  Just because Gusev got lucky enough to get the goalie to make stops while he's on the ice doesn't mean that will continue.

Wood-Rooney-Hayden is bad but it's a line that knows where the other guys are going to be and what they're going to do.  They'll lose the territorial battle but at least the goal of the line offensively will be to spring Wood for breakaways and otherwise not look to make complicated plays.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol Gusev gets scratched the last game to sit with Elias and observe the defensive side of the game.

Devils get scored on 7 times in the game and yet they sit Gusev again!  I guess they feel either that with Gusev in the lineup it would have been more than 7 goals again or they are calling a mulligan.

Oh and Boqvist scratched again.  Who could have seen that coming? (sarcasm)

I don’t understand what the fvck either of John Hayden or Miles Wood brings?!

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Wood-Rooney-Hayden is bad but it's a line that knows where the other guys are going to be and what they're going to do.  They'll lose the territorial battle but at least the goal of the line offensively will be to spring Wood for breakaways and otherwise not look to make complicated plays.

What a ringing endorsement! Let’s bump them all to the first line, you have me sold! I’m glad Gusev is observing from the box so he can learn this genius strategy! It’ll all make sense to him now!

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Gusev has been fvcking awful.  There's just no other word to describe how he has played off the puck.  Gusev is last in the league in scoring chances for/against when he's on the ice.  Dead last.  Thankfully, Hynes doesn't give a sh!t about +/-.  Just because Gusev got lucky enough to get the goalie to make stops while he's on the ice doesn't mean that will continue.

If you talk about where the other guys going then Hynes must sit Severson, PK, may be Hischier and especially Bratt because they lose where other guys were in TB game. Bratt score goals? got lucky enough to get the goalie to make not stops. It wasn’t bad luck, it wasn’t high skill or sniper shot from tbl players. Njd opened their zones, and lightings catched Corey. 

Gusev wasn’t bad in coyotes game, had positive balance in shots when he was on the ice. And now he isn’t learn anything when he isn’t on the ice. Day before team lost without him with his mistakes. Gusev has problems, but it’s not only his own problem. Different players in different situations make same mistakes. Only because they don’t know what they must to do in those situations. 

We are couple steps away from losing Hall, and Gusev isn’t far enough. Couple of most talented players in entire hockey.

Edited by Guadana
45 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Boy oh boy am I getting sick of hearing about advanced stats with respect to Gusev.  The cult of blind followers seems to grow day by day.

image.png.652a378b178f890ceb7a8accaf48570c.png

Listen, he hasn't been great.  But how can you even pretend he's been put in a position to succeed?  This team is fvcking trash - put him on Zacha's or Nico's wing, give him 15-20 games where he's averaging 15+ minutes of TOI, and see where he's at.  If after that point he's still looking just awful out there - fine.  Declare it a total loss and move on.

But pretending his advanced stats mean anything when the sample size is insignificant and he's continually been put in positions in which he's certain to fail (read: majority defensive zone starts, 3rd/4th line TOI) is disingenuous at best.  He averaged 17 minutes of TOI in the KHL - do you understand how difficult it must be for him to get his game going while getting only a handful of shifts a period?

I'll let you take a guess which player the following gamelog belongs to - the Tampa game gives it away:

image.png.2c415908643f461cd1b4eac763e9019a.png

Outside of the most recent game - how can you in good conscience tell me this guy deserves 2nd line minutes?

Simmonds should be riding the 4th line instead of the fvcking AHL fodder have dressing right now - but Hynes doesn't have the stones to do it.

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If he's part of the starting lineup, you think it happens during the introductions maybe?

Hynes would have to be a clueless dummy to start with Hall on the ice and give fans the opportunity to target him.

So, that said.. probably.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 5