Jump to content
Devils01

GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes 7 PM

Recommended Posts

PREVIEW

DEVILS (2-5-4) at HURRICANES (9-3-1)

Televised on MSG

Injury Updates:

Devils - Connor Carrick (fractured finger) is out

Hurricanes - Jordan Martinook (core muscle injury) is out

LGD?

Edited by Devils01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hall better deliver and lead his team to a win. Sick of him and this team already. I’d run the Nico line 22 mins+. 

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

find a way to win this game, if only we had the goose for the shootout last night maybe we wouldve had a chance

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time in my entire life of watching this team that I don't even want to watch. 

I'll be impressed if they dont get embarrassed tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWEhulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

Hall is more like Hollywood Hulk Hogan at this point lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Boqvist in for Hayden. Mueller in for Tennyson. 

And LGD. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'd like to see Boqvist in for Hayden. Mueller in for Tennyson. 

And LGD. 

I’d like to see McDavid in for Hall. One for one, obvi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LGD!

14 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I'd like to see Boqvist in for Hayden. Mueller in for Tennyson. 

And LGD. 

Agree with this - we'll see who draws in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade Hall for Trotz. Coaching matters and we don’t have it. For whatever moronic reason we’ve held onto Hynes to appease a career loser in Hall. 

I watch islanders games with sadness. This used to be a once proud franchise and it’s more Mickey Mouse now than its ever been. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the things that disappoint me about this season, none of them come close to the slow, ever-evolving realization that my favorite hockey player is a mental midget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hall needs some big games so his value remains up there.. 

LGD bring these wind bags back down to earth... Hughes with a big goal tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into game 12, and were 2-5-4 8 pts. nearly at the bottom of the league, with a couple of games in hand. Have we seen any progress in these players and the system Hynes is trying to establish or is this just not the right system being implemented ? 2018-19 at this point we were 5-5-1. Shero seriously needs to rethink, is this FAS system going to work. Obviously with these pieces in place I would say no. Going into the 5th Season under Hynes we are 143-151-45. 2019-20 GF 4th worst GA 9th worst.  I know their is a lot of factors to consider, but I think Shero needs to fix this situation. This team needs to established some kind of identity, whether it be defensive or Offense,  What I've noticed with our FAS system, every team we play against adjusts and counters quickly, leading to constant odd man rushes. Its mid numbing. I'll stay away from  the bad goal tending, and players constantly out of position......... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Sorry guys I've been a fan since the beginning, but I feel like I'm  watching the 1980's Devils all over again . OK Rant Over....

 

LGD..........

Edited by Gunslinger27
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Going into game 12, and were 2-5-4 8 pts. nearly at the bottom of the league, with a couple of games in hand. Have we seen any progress in these players and the system Hynes is trying to establish or is this just not the right system being implemented ? 2018-19 at this point we were 5-5-1. Shero seriously needs to rethink, is this FAS system going to work. Obviously with these pieces in place I would say no. Going into the 5th Season under Hynes we are 143-151-45. 2019-20 GF 4th worst GA 9th worst.  I know their is a lot of factors to consider, but I think Shero needs to fix this situation. This team needs to established some kind of identity, whether it be defensive or Offense,  What I've noticed with our FAS system, every team we play against adjusts and counters quickly, leading to constant odd man rushes. Its mid numbing. I'll stay away from  the bad goal tending, and players constantly out of position......... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Sorry guys I've been a fan since the beginning, but I feel like I'm  watching the 1980's Devils all over again . OK Rant Over....

 

LGD..........

I think a coach (in any sport) has to use a system that plays to the strengths of the players on his roster rather than trying to make players play a system that doesn't suit them. Any good coach in my opinion will change their system if the one they're using doesn't work. I also agree with you that other teams seem to adapt to the way the Devils play pretty easily. What's Hynes Plan B when they do that? More of Plan A with a bit more shouting from him to back it up.

Let's see what this evenings game brings.

Just get a freaking win boys. LGD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I think a coach (in any sport) has to use a system that plays to the strengths of the players on his roster rather than trying to make players play a system that doesn't suit them. Any good coach in my opinion will change their system if the one they're using doesn't work. I also agree with you that other teams seem to adapt to the way the Devils play pretty easily. What's Hynes Plan B when they do that? More of Plan A with a bit more shouting from him to back it up.

Let's see what this evenings game brings.

Just get a freaking win boys. LGD!

Many of the players that were on winning team (when Hall won Hart) are still here.(Greene/Hall/Nico/Bratt/Palms/Severson/Trav,/Wood/Coleman Did they figure out how to suck? I'm assuming same "system" was in place at that time. Maybe a tweak here & there.  I'm thinking that the upcoming road might just be what the Dr. ordered. If we lose every night, I'll get on board the fire hynes train/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

LGD!

Agree with this - we'll see who draws in.

Can't break up a good thing, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on light side, I still believe that this squad could and would win, especially with stronger coaching. But I don’t see any chances today. Hope I’m wrong.

 

LGD

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Many of the players that were on winning team (when Hall won Hart) are still here.(Greene/Hall/Nico/Bratt/Palms/Severson/Trav,/Wood/Coleman Did they figure out how to suck? I'm assuming same "system" was in place at that time. Maybe a tweak here & there.  I'm thinking that the upcoming road might just be what the Dr. ordered. If we lose every night, I'll get on board the fire hynes train/

I mean... that team finished 3 games over .500 and needed the single greatest season in team history just to win a whole playoff game. 
 

if that’s our definition of a “winning” team we’re worse off than I thought.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your choice syphilis vs gonorrhea!

You make the call.

Boqvist in for Hayden as well.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.