GDT: Devils vs Hurricanes 7 PM

Devils01

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That's because Hall didn't comment about the fans at home booing from their couches. 

It's funny that Greene catches flak on this board for not coming out and saying something when the team is playing poorly, however, when Hall makes a comment and sticks up for the team, he is absolutely crucified.  That sh!t cray.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

It's funny that Greene catches flak on this board for not coming out and saying something when the team is playing poorly, however, when Hall makes a comment and sticks up for the team, he is absolutely crucified.  That sh!t cray.

Wow this is a horrible take. People want Greene to hold himself and his teammates accountable, not run his mouth about the fans. 

Not even remotely comparable. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Nobody wanted Greene to come out and start a feud with the fan base.

Hall thinking people were booing him during the Flyers game when they weren't and then thinking he had to get back at the fans with a goal celebration. That sh!t cray. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Nobody wanted Greene to come out and start a feud with the fan base.

Hall thinking people were booing him during the Flyers game and then thinking he had to get back at the fans with a celebration. That sh!t cray. 

Nah, I don't see it that way at all.  He never said he was being booed, he used the pronoun 'we' over and over.  The only time he said 'I' was when he said he understood the fans frustration.  I'm not expecting to convince anyone because it seems like you've all made up your minds, but I do think he had the team's back on this one.  Sure, he could have handled it a bit better but he's probably even more frustrated and emotional (well, maybe not that one) about the trash start than this board is.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

It's been said before but it's like there's still that big misconception in general that "Hall can't deal or handle being booed".

While there's no way for me to know 100%, i'm preeeettyyyyy damn sure that Hall's problem was not the booing itself but the timing/context of it. The context is pretty important here.

He straight up said that the fans were welcome to boo when it made sense basically and when the team deserved it. After a loss, right after blowing a lead, after a sh!tty PP where they can't even get a shot or take control of the puck... wtv... 

But booing the team when they are in control of the puck on the PP in a tie game and when they scored a PP goal not too long before... that's not voicing your displeasure as if a goalie gives up a bad goal, or when the team do something sh!tty or wtv... that's trolling. Just like when a goalie is having a terrible night and the crowd cheer after he makes a ridiculously easy save... vs cheering a goalie who made a big important save. it's all about context.

Disclaimer: All of this is not Hall or me explaining what fans are allowed and not allowed to do. It's just giving context that the timing didn't make much sense and was not respectful and that's what bothered him.

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Must have missed that quote.  I was referencing this.

Yeah that was after Wednesdays game vs Tampa, I was talking about the Flyers game from Friday when he put his hand to his ear after scoring... 

"When asked about the celebration, Hall laughed, saying there wasn’t any ill will behind it.

“I thought I heard, I thought I was getting booed in the second period there,” Hall said. “So just making light of that fact.”

Which wasn't a fact because he was never booed during that flyers game except in his own delusional mind. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah that was after Wednesdays game vs Tampa, I was talking about the Flyers game from Friday when he put his hand to his ear after scoring... 

"When asked about the celebration, Hall laughed, saying there wasn’t any ill will behind it.

“I thought I heard, I thought I was getting booed in the second period there,” Hall said. “So just making light of that fact.”

Which wasn't a fact because he was never booed during that flyers game except in his own delusional mind. 

He literally said "I thought I heard" not "I heard". 

You're blowing this wayyyy out of proportion. You're like FURIOUS about this. I actually don't understand why you're taking this SO personal and don't seem to be willing to give a player you liked until like... last week the benefit of the doubt. Is it cause you're sure he's gone so you're trying to find ways to hate him so it doesn't hurt as much when he does?

Cause it's pretty damn easy to look at this situation and take it in a way where it's reaallly not a big deal. But you're choosing to not do that lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

He literally said "I thought I heard" not "I heard". 

You're blowing this wayyyy out of proportion. You're like FURIOUS about this. I actually don't understand why you're taking this SO personal and don't seem to be willing to give a player you liked until like... last week the benefit of the doubt. Is it cause you're sure he's gone so you're trying to find ways to hate him so it doesn't hurt as much when he does?

Cause it's pretty damn easy to look at this situation and take it in a way where it's reaallly not a big deal. But you're choosing to not do that lol

Because he showed his true colors about how much of a dip sh!t he is. This fan base gets enough sh!t as it is and now we have a "leader" of the team trolling the fan base with a goal because he "thinks he might have heard" some boos...... That never happened.  If he was legit booed I would get it but he wasn't so him doing that because he "thinks" he heard some makes him look like even a bigger dip sh!t. There's nothing to give him the benefit of the doubt about because he came out and said hey I did this because I thought the fans were booing me (again, they weren't) 

I fully admit I am legit 100% pissed the fvck off about it. If the team didn't already have my money I wouldn't be going to another game until he was gone. I have 0 desire to support any sports player with my money who does something as stupid as this nonsense to their own fan base. 

I don't think he'll be on the team by the end of the season so at least I won't have to worry about it for much longer anyway. 

I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm being over dramatic. Everyone's entitled their own opinion like you say all the time. I'm probably gonna take a break from the boards soon myself or at the very least just not talk about Hall going forward because I'm done with him. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Because he showed his true colors about how much of a dip sh!t he is. This fan base gets enough sh!t as it is and now we have a "leader" of the team trolling the fan base with a goal because he "thinks he might have heard" some boos...... That never happened. 

I fully admit I am legit 100% pissed the fvck off about it. If the team didn't already have my money I wouldn't be going to another game until he was gone. I have 0 desire to support any sports player with my money who does something as stupid as this nonsense to their own fan base. 

I don't think he'll be on the team by the end of the season so at least I won't have to worry about it for much longer anyway. 

I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm being over dramatic. Everyone's entitled their own opinion. I'm probably gonna take a break from the boards soon myself or at the very least just not talk about Hall going forward because I'm done with him. 

So as I mentioned. You're not willing to give the whole thing the benefit of the doubt at all ? Cause the elements to explain rationally the whole thing are absolutely there.

What are the odds of him secretly being a dipsh!t for years and only slipped this once... VS this being a big misunderstanding mixed with frustration? lol

I mean.. personally i don't care if you're pissed off or not lol I'm not telling you to change your mind. It's just trying to convince you to at least consider challenging your current believe... in order to not be pissed off this much about this situation and putting you in a situation where you won't enjoy devils hockey at all just because of a possible misunderstanding. 

I mean... mayyyyybe Hall is a piece of sh!t and actually meant to troll the fanbase. But everyone not believing that is in quite a good mood at the moment lol wouldn't you want that? haha 

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So as I mentioned. You're not willing to give the whole thing the benefit of the doubt at all ? Cause the elements to explain rationally the whole thing are absolutely there.

What are the odds of him secretly being a dipsh!t for years and only slipped this once... VS this being a big misunderstanding mixed with frustration? lol

I mean.. personally i don't care if you're pissed off or not lol I'm not telling you to change your mind. It's just trying to convince you to at least consider challenging your current believe... in order to not be pissed off this much about this situation and putting you in a situation where you won't enjoy devils hockey at all just because of a possible misunderstanding. 

I mean... mayyyyybe Hall is a piece of sh!t and actually meant to troll the fanbase. But everyone not believing that is in quite a good mood at the moment lol wouldn't you want that? haha 

There's nothing to give a benefit of the doubt here. It's a cut and dry story. 

He got annoyed fans booed the PP and came out and talked about that.... Fine, that annoyed me but I can at least understand the rational behind it. 

Next game, he "thinks he got booed" during the second period so it's clearly in his mind the rest of the game and then when he scores the go ahead goal in the 3rd period proceeds to celebrate to troll the fans that he "thinks booed" him.... When they didn't. He literally then goes and says he did the celebration because he thought he got booed. 

What am I giving him the benefit of the doubt about? That he has piss poor hearing? Lol

You don't like PK because you think he's an egomaniac..... I don't like Hall anymore because he acted like a total moron about this whole thing and created a problem where there wasn't any.

What's there to be in a good mood about with this team? That we just won one game on the road? Yippee. I still think this season is over in terms of making the playoffs so it's probably gonna end up being another pointless year of meaningless games. 

I haven't enjoyed watching losing terrible Devils hockey for the vast majority of the past 8 seasons anyway so disliking one guy on the team who is on his way out the door soon isn't really going to change much when it comes to that anyway. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Why am I on the board reading this stuff at almost 1:30 when I have to be up for work in a few hours?  Ugh.  Then again why is anyone else also up reading this board if you’re on the east coast?  No idea why I made this post but as soon as I click submit I’m going to sleep.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Why am I on the board reading this stuff at almost 1:30 when I have to be up for work in a few hours?  Ugh.  Then again why is anyone else also up reading this board if you’re on the east coast?  No idea why I made this post but as soon as I click submit I’m going to sleep.

Sleep is for the weak lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Because he showed his true colors about how much of a dip sh!t he is. This fan base gets enough sh!t as it is and now we have a "leader" of the team trolling the fan base with a goal because he "thinks he might have heard" some boos...... That never happened.  If he was legit booed I would get it but he wasn't so him doing that because he "thinks" he heard some makes him look like even a bigger dip sh!t. There's nothing to give him the benefit of the doubt about because he came out and said hey I did this because I thought the fans were booing me (again, they weren't) 

I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm being over dramatic. Everyone's entitled their own opinion like you say all the time. I'm probably gonna take a break from the boards soon myself or at the very least just not talk about Hall going forward because I'm done with him. 

Definitely don’t do that. This board doesn’t get enough activity as it is, and you’re good poster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

At least one poster confirmed there was at least some booing of Hall.  

I still don’t think he was right to do what he did, but honestly, I don’t think it’s as big a deal as it’s been made on this board. He should be pissed about being booed. I’d be upset if he wasn’t.

They fvcking won a game, against a good team on the road, so there should be less booing all around, whether it's to the team as a whole, or a player (like Hall) individually and directly.  

Also, Hall is quietly riding a nice little consecutive point streak here - when he made it past 25 during his MVP season two years ago I said I would buy his jersey, and I did.  I got a home red one.  It's a long way to go, and given the way him and the team started it's not a great sign or likely to happen, but if he gets over 25 again this season I will buy another one of his, a road white one. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

They fvcking won a game, against a good team on the road, so there should be less booing all around, whether it's to the team as a whole, or a player (like Hall) individually and directly.  

Also, Hall is quietly riding a nice little consecutive point streak here - when he made it past 25 during his MVP season two years ago I said I would buy his jersey, and I did.  I got a home red one.  It's a long way to go, and given the way him and the team started it's not a great sign or likely to happen, but if he gets over 25 again this season I will buy another one of his, a road white one. 

Well, to be fair, for the next few games, he probably will get booed, especially if they somehow win a few more games. I mean, we are on the road after all. 😉

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ok yeah, so he was responding to a question about him personally.  As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not taking it personally.  He's always made it a point to come out and say how much he appreciates the fans and thanks his team so I can't imagine a little booing of the team, which started this, has turned him into this supposed self centered prick or lifted the veil on his ugly persona.  If you take him by his word, not sure why you wouldn't, he was just having fun with it all.  He's a competitive guy so he was fired up.  I was at the Tampa game sitting in the Loft suites (not a big deeeeaaaaaaal) and I must admit, the booing after the 1st of a 2-1 game was loud and caught me off guard.  Due to the complexity of the situation, I didn't know if I was allowed to join in on the booing since I had comped tickets (@Nicomo, can you confirm?), but I certainly didn't think they deserved it so I kept quiet and went back to suckling on the the bosom of luxury.  I wasn't at the Flyers game so I can't comment on whether or not he heard boos but I wouldn't be surprised if it came from some Flyers fans because there was a hell of a lot of cheering when Philadelphia was scoring.

My wife and I subscribe to the notion of not taking anything said between the hours of 12am-5am too seriously when we are up with our two boys (and we have another one coming, not sure what I was thinking there) because we are at the peak of frustration and wanting to stab someone in the face, so I suppose I'm looking at it in that sense.  Like mfitz said, I'd be a little put off if the players weren't angry with the results thus far.

All that being said, I really don't care if he signs or is traded as long as the team gets a fair return.  I'm guessing there will be a lot of media attention around this meeting in Calgary so I look forward to seeing what comes of that.. predictably misunderstandings and overreactions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's nothing to give a benefit of the doubt here. It's a cut and dry story. 

He got annoyed fans booed the PP and came out and talked about that.... Fine, that annoyed me but I can at least understand the rational behind it. 

Next game, he "thinks he got booed" during the second period so it's clearly in his mind the rest of the game and then when he scores the go ahead goal in the 3rd period proceeds to celebrate to troll the fans that he "thinks booed" him.... When they didn't. He literally then goes and says he did the celebration because he thought he got booed. 

What am I giving him the benefit of the doubt about? That he has piss poor hearing? Lol

You don't like PK because you think he's an egomaniac..... I don't like Hall anymore because he acted like a total moron about this whole thing and created a problem where there wasn't any.

What's there to be in a good mood about with this team? That we just won one game on the road? Yippee. I still think this season is over in terms of making the playoffs so it's probably gonna end up being another pointless year of meaningless games. 

I haven't enjoyed watching losing terrible Devils hockey for the vast majority of the past 8 seasons anyway so disliking one guy on the team who is on his way out the door soon isn't really going to change much when it comes to that anyway. 

So your answer is basically no... you're not willing to do that lol

Well first, some said there WAS some booing, maybe you didn't hear it. Then even if there wasn't. Then he said himself he THOUGHT he heard it, did it to make light of the situation, not making a big deal out of it and that there was no ill will behind it. That's not what you say if you wanted to indeed "troll" the fanbase. The whole "he's trolling the fanbase" is made up in your mind and thats why you're angry.

Then for PK didn't go "fvck that guy" the first time i saw him do something egomaniac and when it could have been taken out of context. It took awhile before it started to really get on my nerves. And i have more than ONE story to support my stance. It's veryyyyyyy different.

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So your answer is basically no... you're not willing to do that lol

Well first, some said there WAS some booing, maybe you didn't hear it. Then even if there wasn't. Then he said himself he THOUGHT he heard it, did it to make light of the situation, not making a big deal out of it and that there was no ill will behind it. That's not what you say if you wanted to indeed "troll" the fanbase. The whole "he's trolling the fanbase" is made up in your mind and thats why you're angry.

Nope, I'm not. I thought I made that crystal clear lol

It's not just a made up thing that I created in my mind, it's exactly what he did and he doubled down on in the post game after the Flyers game instead of just saying it was just a celebration.

I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. The season ticket holders around me that I keep in touch with, a group of 10 are 50/50 on it. Some are just as annoyed as me and others just don't care. Clearly a few others here don't care for what he did either and others simply don't care. 

I also have no problem admitting that I feel more strongly about it because I'm supporting this clown with my money.

We are just gonna keep going around in circles with this topic and I'd rather not keep beating what's close to a dead horse because I know how much that is annoying to read. 

I'm not gonna bring up the topic again here unless he does something new. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

At least one poster confirmed there was at least some booing of Hall.  

I still don’t think he was right to do what he did, but honestly, I don’t think it’s as big a deal as it’s been made on this board. He should be pissed about being booed. I’d be upset if he wasn’t.

Every time the Gritty lookalikes in orange would chant lets go flyers, the Devils fans would boo it down. That's probably what he heard and thought was about him cause he's a mental midget. 

I didn't boo all night until he missed the shootout chance and trust me I was listening for the boos all night lol

He didn't get booed every time he touched the puck, didn't get booed when they announced his name after the goal, didn't get booed when he was lining up during his shootout chance either. 

If people were really booing Hall for his comments they are just as lame as he was to make them. It does nothing at this point. I

I have never booed my own team no matter how bad things have gone in a game, but I still support other's right to express their displeasure with the situation if they choose to and don't find it egregious if they do.