Steve Cs micro stats

point

Can some one tell Cangelosi that really no one cares about 35% of the stuff he crams into his broadcast? Its distracting from the game, and usually statistically meaningless. And I am a CPA, and know that most people have trouble digesting numbers without any perspective.

I like Cangi, he's come a long way from when he first got the gig and had an impossible job of following up one of the greatest that ever did it. Then they threw Dano at him (who also has come a long way himself) and the duo has gotten stronger over time.

I give them both a lot of credit, in past years when I subscribed to gamecenter (now nhltv) it's amazing how poor some of the broadcasting teams are around the league. (cough penguins cough)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

I like Cangi, he's come a long way from when he first got the gig and had an impossible job of following up one of the greatest that ever did it. Then they threw Dano at him (who also has come a long way himself) and the duo has gotten stronger over time.

I give them both a lot of credit, in past years when I subscribed to gamecenter (now nhltv) it's amazing how poor some of the broadcasting teams are around the league. (cough penguins cough)

Agreed.    And honestly, it’s only being spoiled by Doc.  Chico was your standard color guy.

If anything I would rather swap Chico and Dano. Cangi, Erika, and Sal do a pretty good job but Dano is the one that I dislike on the broadcast team. The only Cangi-ism I don't care for is that he will just insert "oh" before things. For some reason it annoys me and reminds me of a turn of the century era broadcaster-- evokes images of that dude in the Hindenburg radio broadcast. "Oh the humanity, oh what a spectacle this is folks". 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i actually don't have any problem with anyone on the broadcast team

If it wasn't for the Henrique it's over call.... the "Devante Pit-Smelly" slip might be my favourite call ever

Calls like those really make Dano worth it

I also thought it was hilarious when he was singing Bon Jovi in one of the games this season

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dmann422 said:

I've had Center Ice for about 15 years, and you’re right about that. I think some of the local NJ guys on this board who don’t watch many other broadcasts don’t realize Cangi/Dano are honestly about middle of the pack. There’s far worse around the league. 

People get mad at Dano for being a homer, but again, there are guys that take it to another level. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I like him. He has done a brilliant job of replacing Doc, which is a task no one would want. He manages to keep Dano in check and you can feel his enthusiasm in his calls. 

I bet Matt Loughlin wanted it.  -- IMO he does a good job on the radio call with Chico. 

I'm fine with Cangyman and Dano, they're good enough.  

17 minutes ago, JohnnyP. said:

I bet Matt Loughlin wanted it.  -- IMO he does a good job on the radio call with Chico

I'm fine with Cangyman and Dano, they're good enough.  

Couldn’t agree with anything less, to be honest. If I’m listening to the radio, there are times I have zero idea anyone scored cause of how expressionless Matters can be.

Its no secret I cannot stand Dano. Usually it comes in by mid season when I give up on the Devils’ broadcasts and go to the other team’s, except Buffalo and Boston

11 hours ago, nessus said:

Calls like those really make Dano worth it

I also thought it was hilarious when he was singing Bon Jovi in one of the games this season

They teased him about it the game after at the arena and put him on the big screen when the song played and Cangi pulled out a lighter and put it in the air lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...