GDT: Devils @ Jets 11/5/19 8:00 PM MSG

nessus

47 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Mac had a shutout two weeks ago 1-0.

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And he only let in 2 against the Rags for a .935sv%

Fair points but the first time where he truly looked like he deserved to be the number 1 goalie in my opinion. I know there's a back to back coming up but I'd like to see him getting a run of games now.

22 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Fair points but the first time where he truly looked like he deserved to be the number 1 goalie in my opinion. I know there's a back to back coming up but I'd like to see him getting a run of games now.

He just got a back to back the other day.  I'd be surprised if Schneider didn't get the Calgary game tomorrow. If not that, then Edmonton on Friday.  Blackwood has been playing quite a bit better lately, and I'm all for riding the hot hand, but he's young and I'd rather not overburden him at the moment.  

17 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He just got a back to back the other day.  I'd be surprised if Schneider didn't get the Calgary game tomorrow. If not that, then Edmonton on Friday.  Blackwood has been playing quite a bit better lately, and I'm all for riding the hot hand, but he's young and I'd rather not overburden him at the moment.  

If they're about riding the hot hand and that is why they played him after the flu then there is no way they can play Schneider tomorrow.

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Who thinks that?  I guess people who have never seen the spelling of his name written out?  I feel like McKenzie without the 'a' is the female version of that name.

You can feel however you want. However, right now you should feel like you misspelled his name. 

28 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Im kind of torn.

I really don't want to see Schneider at all, but also I don't want Mac to burn out.

Too early to try Domingue?

Why do they have to? If Blackwood wants to be a starter he is going to have to get used to playing. The team just came off a period where they had 2 games in two week, he's 22 years old, the flu is gone, he should be good to go. I'm also against putting Schneider in, but then if you're that scared to play him it is time to try to get him off your books.

There should be a restraining order on Schneider for ever stepping foot near the Prudential Center.  Do you guys actually want to see Schneider make it into the Hall of Shame for having 2 calendar years without a win?  I sure as hell don’t want to see it, get him out of here, whatever it takes.

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

There should be a restraining order on Schneider for ever stepping foot near the Prudential Center.  Do you guys actually want to see Schneider make it into the Hall of Shame for having 2 calendar years without a win?  I sure as hell don’t want to see it, get him out of here, whatever it takes.

He would have to go winless until March 25, 2021 for that to happen. Which could happen, but he'll be long gone by then.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that after the Canada Russia game last night i went for a walk downtown and went to a pizza place. it was empty. Just me and P-A Parenteau in line waiting for a slice lol. I was wearing my Devils hat (hey i dont buy game tickets but i'm buying merch at least). He saw my hat but he was texting non-stop so i figured mehhh i'll leave him alone so i didn't bother starting a convo. 

I'm sure he thought.. Pffff... that guy had an ex-devils player right in his face and he had no idea. Noob.

Oh but i knew P-A... i knewwwwwww. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’m sure everyone (including me) was really excited when they initially acquired Schneider.  Boy have those feelings been adjusted ever so slightly.  Worst goalie they’ve ever had by far?

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

No. Stop it.

At least some of it is attributable to injury so I’m not willing to make that leap. 

• Like 1

While we’re on the topic (even though you may not agree that we’re on that topic but I’ll start it any way because...we’ll, why not?) in your lifetime of watching defenseman, worst Devils defenseman you’ve ever seen is who?

For me I’d prob have to go between Salvador or Colin White.

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I forgot to mention that after the Canada Russia game last night i went for a walk downtown and went to a pizza place. it was empty. Just me and P-A Parenteau in line waiting for a slice lol. I was wearing my Devils hat (hey i dont buy game tickets but i'm buying merch at least). He saw my hat but he was texting non-stop so i figured mehhh i'll leave him alone so i didn't bother starting a convo. 

I'm sure he thought.. Pffff... that guy had an ex-devils player right in his face and he had no idea. Noob.

Oh but i knew P-A... i knewwwwwww. 

Ofc you knew. If DM84 is to be believed you probably smelled him from across the room lol

9 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

While we’re on the topic (even though you may not agree that we’re on that topic but I’ll start it any way because...we’ll, why not?) in your lifetime of watching defenseman, worst Devils defenseman you’ve ever seen is who?

Colin White was a great defenseman in the early 00’s, and a huge part of the 03 Cup team. 

You're borderline trolling now. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

DC601765-7177-40D1-A51A-23951E57EEE6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Dude, if you’re only remembering the end of their tenures, then fine. But both of them were great in their tenures.

The sheer fact you put them over Ken Klee is very telling that you’re trolling

• Like 2