GDT: Devils @ Jets 11/5/19 8:00 PM MSG

nessus

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I always hated DeBoer’s infatuation with Peter fvcking Harold. While a serviceable 7th defender, DeBoer LOVED that piece of sh!t and even threw him in as a forward. You guys remember that sh!t?

God I can feel my rage building...

Yep lol

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t agree with “holding” a guy’s number. If it’s not retired, it’s available. If Nieds retired a Devil, maybe it wouldn’t have gotten reassigned. Stevens, Dano, Elias, and Brodeur (mostly) we’re retired close to the end of their tenure, which makes sense. 

I don’t think the team should be worried about stuff like that. But weird for the fans? Yes. If Marty played like 3 seasons in St Louis and KK was assigned his number, that would have been ridiculous. 

I wasn’t saying #27 shouldn’t have been made available at all (especially if Lou wasn’t sure about ever retiring the number as Scott’s at the time)...more that it was weird seeing it on such meh kinda guys (in comparison).  And though I don’t think Lou was any near obsessed about it, I guess I’m mildly surprised that he wasn’t more “selective” about who got to wear it after Nieds?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I always hated DeBoer’s infatuation with Peter fvcking Harold. While a serviceable 7th defender, DeBoer LOVED that piece of sh!t and even threw him in as a forward. You guys remember that sh!t?

God I can feel my rage building...

Any defenseman who was on a cup final team gets a pass from me. Harold was on our top PP unit, man.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Any defenseman who was on a cup final team gets a pass from me. Harold was on our top PP unit, man.

Hey, fair opinion, its yours, but I absolutely hate it... won't try to sway you to my side, but I vehemently disagree of giving players a pass just because they were on a team that made the final.

59 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So Brian Little suffered a brain-bleed stemming from that horrific slap-shot to the noggin.

According to google that has a 44% mortality rate.... at the very least it's a possible career-ender. Say a prayer for him tonight ladies and gents.

Ehlers can't be doing too well either right now.

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

So Brian Little suffered a brain-bleed stemming from that horrific slap-shot to the noggin.

According to google that has a 44% mortality rate.... at the very least it's a possible career-ender. Say a prayer for him tonight ladies and gents.

Thankfully, it sounds like he will make a full recovery: https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-forward-bryan-little-perforated-eardrum-005607040--nhl.html

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, titans04 said:

sounds similar to what happened to  Zuccarello who also lost his ability to speak.  That' s some scary sh!t. Speaking from personal experience brain injuries are no joke and more often than not life altering.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2016/04/22/mats-zuccarello-new-york-rangers-head-injury-unable-to-speak

He’s young and an athlete, that will aid his ability to recover. I’ve had quite a few cases where elderly people fall, sustain a brain bleed they don’t know about, and they pass away a day or two later. 

No joke is right, could in fact be the worst possible thing to have to recover from. 

• Like 1