nessus

GDT: Devils @ Jets 11/5/19 8:00 PM MSG

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

By the way @SterioDesign, you ever considered moving to Winnipeg? They booed Subban every single time he touched the puck in an apparent “wink wink nudge nudge this has nothing to do with his race”, that seems like your peoples.

We just won a game. We should all be happy. Why would you go out of your way to be an a$$hole and start sh!t exactly ?

I actually don't really mind. But if you're gonna go and call me a racist, then you can go fvck yourself.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

We just won a game. We should all be happy. Why would you go out of your way to be an a$$hole and start sh!t exactly ?

I actually don't really mind. But if you're gonna go and call me a racist, then you can go fvck yourself.

But can you comment on the Winnipeg thing?

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I am happy. I said it was mostly tongue in cheek ya weirdo. You seem like you mind quite a bit.

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Does a 2-1 SO win mean someone rubbed the genie the right way?

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not the first time I will have set up mfitz for an easy tap-in...

Gives new meaning to the phrase “shootout victory”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I am happy. I said it was mostly tongue in cheek ya weirdo. You seem like you mind quite a bit.

Well not sure how many people you know enjoy being called a racist when they are not

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Being called a racist out of the blue is really something most people would mind and not something you really say tongue in cheek. But, whatever, turn the thread into stupid sh!t.

• Like 3

Taylor Hall played like a man who really fvcking wants to win, tonight. And nico is just... nico is a fvcking stud. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Taylor Hall played like a man who really fvcking wants to win, tonight. And nico is just... nico is a fvcking stud. 

Nico was 6th in the league in FO% coming into tonight’s game at 59.4%. You can tell he’s really worked on the very few holes he had in his game. 

I see Selke Trophies in this kid’s future. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nico was 6th in the league in FO% coming into tonight’s game at 59.4%. You can tell he’s really worked on the very few holes he had in his game. 

I see Selke Trophies in this kid’s future. 

Nico was beastly tonight. So impressed with his improvement on face offs. His game is becoming so polished. Still needs to shoot more but his game is taking off nonetheless.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Crisis said:

But can you comment on the Winnipeg thing?

I assume you're referring to Subban being booed? Not sure why my opinion would matter? I'm not from Winnipeg... I didn't watch the game until the end of the 3rd... so all i can offer is a few guess / observations. 

1) So a quick google search will tell you that the crowd in Winnipeg is always booing Subban. So that's nothing new. Why? I can think of many many reasons but i can't say that i know for sure. Here's a few guesses

3) When he was in Nashville they played the Jets. Maybe something happened during that series. That's the only "rivalry" that could make sense... MTL-WIN was not really a thing.

3) Subban is a star player, he's a diver who gets PP that way.. so that's usually something that will get you booed, he played dirty at times, he gets under people's skin, he was once voted the most hated player in the NHL, etc etc so i could see any of those reasons being a possibility

4) I guess you can't disregard the possibility that some fans are simply racist but I doubt that'd be it and would hate to throw that word around without any sort of legit proofs. I'd also hate if that was indeed the case. Were they booing Simmonds too? Or were they cheering Big Buff last year? I mean, i'm not really sure how you can quantify that... but if you google "most racist city in Canada" Winnipeg is coming up a few times, so who knows

Nice to win a shootout finally and get a win, especially in a place where we are historically bad. Gusev didn't look like much of a defensive liability out there in this game and he's becoming clutch in the shootout. Blackwood was fantastic. 

Keep it going Thursday 

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

What’s Blackwoods nickname anyway? Usually hockey players just add a “Y” or “er” after someone’s name but Wood is already “Woodsy“ and I know they can’t call him “Blacky”. What about John Holmes? Too far?

PK called him Blackie / Blacky on the post game show Saturday. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i went to the Canada vs Russia prospect game tnight. Canada won in OT. Got home just in time for the end of the 3rd.

Fun hockey night all around

They said Smith is the captain for Canada, how did he look? 

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yep. It was on his old mask.

gettyimages-1097935096-612x612.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

They said Smith is the captain for Canada, how did he look? 

Well it's the 2019 CIBC CANADA RUSSIA SERIES so there's 3 different team Canada (which is one for each junior league) and Russia is playing 2 games in each league. I saw Team QMJHL. Smith is on Team WHL

Our boy Nikita Okhotyuk didn't play either, i was pretty bummed

Raphael Lavoie who was drafted 38 overall last year looked really good. Also there's a russian kid, Dmitry Zavgorodniy. Drafted by Calgary in the 7th round 2 years ago... man that kid can fly. Here's a goal he scored tnight https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/russie-dmitry-zavgorodniy-trop-rapide-pour-la-lhjmq-3.1346301

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

njdevs.thumb.jpg.064f3fb16f25535ee1628709c14bc93e.jpg

Tbf it was a late start on a weeknight, and most of the board is asleep lol

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Now that’s racist.

;) 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Tbf it was a late start on a weeknight, and most of the board is asleep lol

I’m literally in the hospital with a kidney stone, which impacted my ability to post memes, especially in light of the new anti-d!ck policy. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m literally in the hospital with a kidney stone, which impacted my ability to post memes, especially in light of the new anti-d!ck policy. 

Ouch man...hope you’re OK.  Never had a kidney stone...my wife has had a couple though, and they were very painful for her.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ouch man...hope you’re OK.  Never had a kidney stone...my wife has had a couple though, and they were very painful for her.

I highly recommend not having kidney stones. This is #5 and the 3rd that required.  hospitalization. For every single one, a different, unrelated woman in the hospital has told me that they have both given birth and had a kidney stone, and the kidney stone is much worse pain. 

Side note, as a Plaintiff’s medical malpractice attorney, it takes a LOT to get me to the emergency room. Last time it was because I dislocated (and re-located myself) my ankle, and I was 99.999% sure it was broken. I went to the ER after 2 hours of trick or treating. 

Typically my superstition relates only to what jersey I wear for a win. But if we need to have a camera in my genitals each game to start a winning streak, I’ll try to make arrangements.