GDT: Devils at Flames 9:00 PM

Jerzey

Still prefer Hughes on the line with Hall and Palms and Hischier with Zacha and Gusev. I just think the players all had better chemistry with those lines. Plus with the amount of ice time they appeared to have the Hughes, Zacha, and Gusev line was more like a 4th line. Seems like a waste of talent.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 3

It was supposed to be Devils01... :(

Anyway, I like the lines quite a bit.  Hall Hischier and Palmieri seem to be very comfortable together, the second line of Gusev and Hughes is talented and fast as hell, then you throw Zacha in there to balance it out defensively, plus he has some offensive prowess too so I think the other two will help elevate his game, then on the third line you have a solid shutdown and defensive line, still capable of scoring - Boqvist being young and speedy is a good complement to Zajac and Coleman, and finally on the fourth line, well, you just let them be the wild wild west and go nuts doing what they do, hoping they wear down the opponents and/or get some dirty goals here and there.  

Why is Hynes keeping Goose and Hughes together? My take is that he doesn't mind just limiting that line's minutes as he did last game. Hughes and Gusev will play on the PP and Zacha is there for both special teams units as needed. At 5v5 he'll put them out there in some favorable situations and hope that something good happens.

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It was supposed to be Devils01... :(

Actually, @nessus started the Jets thread...

I’ve brought this up before, but I don’t understand why the poster who started a GDT for a win doesn’t just immediately create the next GDT, regardless of how long in between games it is. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Didn’t Mac give up like 7 there last season?

Think it was 9.  Hurt his overall numbers a bit.  Think he put up a .924 save% combined in his other games.  

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Actually, @nessus started the Jets thread...

I’ve brought this up before, but I don’t understand why the poster who started a GDT for a win doesn’t just immediately create the next GDT, regardless of how long in between games it is. 

Oh it was?  sh!t, thought it was Devils01.  Maybe he was the game before.   But yeah, I agree with you on essentially doing the next one immediately or at least ASAP.