GDT: Devils @ Edmonton. 9 pm

pumpkin cutter

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I get not wanting to change things when you're on a winning streak - but they lost.  Time for the Tennyson experiment to end and to split up Hughes and Goose.  Hopefully Bratt dresses in as well.

LGD

Tennyson should be back to Bing, but without Mueller, Hynes will keep rolling him, sadly.

LGD.

What's wrong with Mueller? I didn't know he was hurt.

44 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think Mueller should be the next one in, but just curious, is Carrick still out for a while?

I think Carrick is out for a while yet. They said the bones in his finger were practically liquefied(not literally) and if he wasn't an athlete they would have just cut it off.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think Carrick is out for a while yet. They said the bones in his finger were practically liquefied(not literally) and if he wasn't an athlete they would have just cut it off.

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

Could be wrong but I think they said 4-6 weeks for Carrick last week.

All I heard was the 4-6 weeks thing. Did someone say it was worse than that?

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ridiculous. I knew Hynes would pull this sh!t. Another night where a quarter of the opposition’s shots go in.

I mean, it's crazy to say this but the team probably has to go into this game thinking they have to score at least 4 goals to have a chance in this one.

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ridiculous. I knew Hynes would pull this sh!t. Another night where a quarter of the opposition’s shots go in.

At this point I would say Blackwood is only marginally better than Cory.  Plus Cory wasn't going to ride the pine forever anyways and even if the season wasn't going sideways that was the plan all along (in terms of there being a split).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Tuesday night's game gave me enough hope to stay up last night to watch the loss in Calgary.  I am not going to be fooled again and while I may catch the first period tonight, I am not going to go out of my way to stay up watch the rest.

Ah come on man, it's Friday. Stay up and commiserate with us.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

lol I wish.  Stayed up last night and right now paying for it.  Plus for the past 2-3 months our new dog has been waking me and my wife up every morning before dawn so she can have her first walk.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

At this point I would say Blackwood is only marginally better than Cory.  Plus Cory wasn't going to ride the pine forever anyways and even if the season wasn't going sideways that was the plan all along (in terms of there being a split).

Marginally better is still better. Give me the marginally better option. 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was gonna say the same thing - it's Friday, and if you don't have any other plans, why wouldn't you possibly stay up and watch the game?  

41 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol I wish.  Stayed up last night and right now paying for it.  Plus for the past 2-3 months our new dog has been waking me and my wife up every morning before dawn so she can have her first walk.

It's funny you say this because I've had a long week myself, getting progressively less sleep each night up until last night, and I watched most of the game and eventually turned it off after the 5th goal and then went to sleep about 5 or 10 minutes later.  Not terribly late for me, but it was around 11:30 or so... I got up this morning to my alarm, turned it off like I usually do and rest for 5 or 10 minutes, but fell back asleep and woke up 30 minutes later in a panic.  I had to haul ass getting ready, skip breakfast, and was about 5 or 10 minutes later to work than when I usual arrive.  

Damn west coast games.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was gonna say the same thing - it's Friday, and if you don't have any other plans, why wouldn't you possibly stay up and watch the game?  

It's funny you say this because I've had a long week myself, getting progressively less sleep each night up until last night, and I watched most of the game and eventually turned it off after the 5th goal and then went to sleep about 5 or 10 minutes later.  Not terribly late for me, but it was around 11:30 or so... I got up this morning to my alarm, turned it off like I usually do and rest for 5 or 10 minutes, but fell back asleep and woke up 30 minutes later in a panic.  I had to haul ass getting ready, skip breakfast, and was about 5 or 10 minutes later to work than when I usual arrive.  

Damn west coast games.

Thankfully the Vancouver game is a Sunday afternoon game instead of the usual 10PM EST slot.  I would have not even bothered if that was the case.