GDT: Devils @ Edmonton. 9 pm

pumpkin cutter

This is a shame.  The team was starting to look decent and that it had sustained a little confidence, and now I feel this road trip is going to kill any and all of that.  Not only are we very simply being out-coached, but we're also just not nearly as skilled as Edmonton.  The mistakes we make we end up paying for.  Prior to this trip I thought Cory would play well enough to continue somewhat of an even split with Blackwood, but not now.  He just doesn't look sharp, and I'd rather give the younger guy who still has a future a chance to hone his game, rather than basically give away games for a guy who seemingly can't buy a win. 

Given how Vancouver has played lately I really don't see how we win on Sunday, and if we don't, a 3 game losing streak is absolutely the last thing this team needs - if that happens I fear it'll turn into a 5 or 6 game losing streak, and the tank will essentially begin.  I hope I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

Is that the takeaway? That Hall’s feelings are hurt? Or is it that this team has dropped another two points?

He cant get off this team fast enough.. yup, that's the take away ..  btw read the whole post, game over 

time to trade him, its over.. maybe we can get a really small skater with the first rounders we'll get... and yes we will be worse without him.. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lol Kenny "Excuses" Dano. This is rough.

Someone's really got to pull him aside and explain that being an eternally optimistic company man isn't good for his career.

I'm not expecting him to come out here and sh!t on the team on the broadcast but.. he's gotta at least try and evaluate the team honestly.

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I thought this season was over last month, even more convinced of it now. This team just isn't good.

Also for as much sh!t as our fan base gets, last night in Calgary and tonight in Edmonton haven't sounded like a lively atmosphere or anything worth boasting about. 

Not only is it over, but the rebuild has been pushed back a few years.. this is dreadful

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Wtf was that Taylor?

How many times do we find ourselves saying this each game?  5-6?

Like, it's crazy to me that a guy who's PPG seems to be, to the eye test, a net-negative out there more often than not on a per-shift basis.