GDT: Devils @ Edmonton. 9 pm

pumpkin cutter

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think it’s official that this is an awful hockey team and I really don’t know if firing Hynes will do anything.

It would be like putting a bandaid on a decapitation.

For me, Ty Smith not being able to make the club ON THIS dman core is all I needed to know as to how bad this team is.

This team simply isn’t worth our time and energy.

But when the Devils are bad, it makes me not care too much at all about the NHL and that’s really sad.

A new coach will put in a system that will actually be successful based on the players he has and not only what he knows. A new coach will know how to adjust in the game, and if his assistant coaches suck ass at their jobs, he will fire them instead of being blindly loyal to them.

A new coach will not be John Hynes who has literally accomplished nothing outside of one, five game appearance in the post season in his career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Really Dano? They're losing cause they lost Vats? One guy gets hurt and that explains a 4-0 shutout loss? F off.

I like Sami but that play didn't even look it was hard enough to hurt anyone. Bratt had a similar play the other night. I guess some guys are just tissue paper soft. 

If he somehow got a concussion from that we are really going to be in even worse shape.

so... we all knew his game would be ugly playing against McDavid and his gang... we knew we'd have to play a perfect defensive game... we knew Cory was in net... our best Dman got injured like... 3 seconds into the game... then what we knew would happen happened

And now we want the coach fired? lol

I mean

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I like Sami but that play didn't even look it was hard enough to hurt anyone. Bratt had a similar play the other night. I guess some guys are just tissue paper soft. 

If he somehow got a concussion from that we are really going to be in even worse shape.

Well he has a concussion history since the Kucherov hit in the playoffs 2 years ago.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Really Dano? They're losing cause they lost Vats? One guy gets hurt and that explains a 4-0 shutout loss? F off.

I know it sucks to hear him say that, but I believe he's only saying it because he has to.  I alluded to it a bit last year, but it's his job be a color commentator, and although it might be a 'rule' or in his job description, I believe most teams prefer and/or encourage their telecast teams to defend the team as much as possible.  Some guys just flat out will crucify their teams when the situation calls for it, and other guys are able to criticize diplomatically - it seems that Dano is neither.  He's an eternal optimist, always looking for the silver lining. I don't particularly like it myself, but it's who he is.  And if he were to sh!t on this team like the rest of us, there'd be little reason to watch/listen to them next game, and he'd essentially be out of a job.

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

so... we all knew his game would be ugly playing against McDavid and his gang... we knew we'd have to play a perfect defensive game... we knew Cory was in net... our best Dman got injured like... 3 seconds into the game... then what we knew would happen happened

I mean

I mean, a lot of us have wanted to see him fired for weeks...

I mean....

Weeks...

Who am I again? 

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I mean

Its about the effort, SD. They have come out flat, aside from a few minutes here and there, absolutely pathetically flat 5 periods in a row now.

They have kept trying to same stupid zone entry and system throughout the game with no adjustments. At what point is enough enough?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think it’s official that this is an awful hockey team and I really don’t know if firing Hynes will do anything.

It would be like putting a bandaid on a decapitation.

For me, Ty Smith not being able to make the club ON THIS dman core is all I needed to know as to how bad this team is.

This team simply isn’t worth our time and energy.

But when the Devils are bad, it makes me not care too much at all about the NHL and that’s really sad.

This makes no sense. Smith not making it onto a bad team is an indictment of him if anything. 

The Devils were a mess tonight - there's no two ways about it. The top PP unit cannot look this bad in mid-November. I mean, it's regressing.

At least Hall-Hischier-Palms was good. They had a goal stolen from them and a post - or else they would have had two goals and they finished with a CF% of 71.43 as a line. Near the end of the second period it was around 90.00.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

At least Hall-Hischier-Palms was good. They had a goal stolen from them and a post - or else they would have had two goals and they finished with a CF% of 71.43 as a line. Near the end of the second period it was around 90.00.

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for hall resigning here..  and if we lose his play driving skills this team gets even worse than it is now..  its ugly for shero.. and for the fan base

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for hall resigning here..  and if we lose his play driving skills this team gets even worse than it is now..  its ugly for shero.. and for the fan base

Not to mention he nabbed Subban as an incentive to make the team better now so Hall would stay, so that is a $9m commitment for the next 3 years when the competitive timeline is pushed back. Not sure if the money matter so much I guess. Especially if Hall isn't staying

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Yes this game is literally the only reason we want Hynes fired. You have cracked the case my good friend, you have proven to the website that you are way smarter than us crazy reactionary people and we all silently hope and pray for your approval.

lol that's not what i meant. But yeah the way i put it i get that you took it that way, that one is on me

What i mean was more like... we played yesterday, we all already know the situation with Hynes, it's nothing new. We needed things to go our way to have a chance today and things went the other way from the get-go. So i'm not saying Hynes singlehandedly lost this game but it's not the highlight of our loss IMO. What Hynes is responsible for is nothing new so i was just not sure why we're still focusing on that specifically

13 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Starting to think that Cory Schneider is an extremely overrated goaltender and shouldn't be on any NHL team right now at least in the way he's playing, he doesn't deserve to

for sure, it doesn't look like his game is coming back and no one else will touch him on that contract. Stuck with him until June 2020 when he'll get bought out.

this game started off innocently enough but just got worse as it went.

8 hours ago, moustic said:

3h for me as well! 

Let's go Devils! 

We didn't chose the easy life! I struggle for the Calgary game last night as I had to got to work today but tonight it's Friday... Kids will not let me sleep that much but at least I won't work tomorrow! 

At least now I have a video feed... In 1998/2000 I only had the radio on internet to listen to the game... Intermission were deadly and will often wake up in the middle of the night, with my headphone trashing my face with white noise... 

Aaah good old time! 

Yeah... I try my best to survive this game... They didn't help me a lot... So I totally crashed into sleep at the first intermission. 

Sometimes it's hard to be a hardcore fan... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

for sure, it doesn't look like his game is coming back and no one else will touch him on that contract. Stuck with him until June 2020 when he'll get bought out.

this game started off innocently enough but just got worse as it went.

Rest assured - Cory will string together 4-5 wins in a row in March, playing .920 hockey, when the games are completely meaningless and it would actually benefit the team to lose.

• Like 3