GDT: Sens @ Devils 7PM

Devils01

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Just wait, the “wow how quick we forget the road trip” crowd is coming...

Not me...that shot of Hynes’ stupid angry yet somehow frozen expressionless face was enough for me.  I can’t fvcking stomach him anymore.

• Like 3

It was a game thay must win. In this moment of this regular season they must win this game. May be TODAY they lost their playoff spot in November. 

Hall cant score, anyone can’t drive into the zone, only trough shot. They didn’t play in pass, they are literally don’t do it. And if their board forecheck isn’t ok team lose every foot of the ice. It’s enough of expected goals - time to mother freaking score. 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Really, I thought he's been invisible most nights so far this season. I would even say one of the most disappointing do far. His production outside of advanced stars is way down, no? 

Bad thing about Pickles games, is that he get moved around alot. But Enjoy his intensity

• Like 1

About halfway through the game it became clear that even had the Devils won this game it wouldn't have been pretty and there wouldn't have been much reason for excitement. Why? Because the team's problem with generating 5v5 offense continues and isn't sustainable. The Devils were already generating a league worst 48 shot attempts/60 at 5v5 coming into today. Today they got 38 against the team that allows the 2nd most shot attempts/60 at 5v5 in the league (64.46). Not good. And the powerplay wasn't pretty tonight either.

If there was a positive tonight, it's that Gusev had a third good game in a row - at least for Gusev standards. He's just so much improved playing in the bottom six. He had one really creative pass in the d-zone at the start of the second period to Coleman.

• Like 1

Just now, Gunslinger27 said:

Is the Tennyson experiment over yet ?

I’d rather the Hynes experiment be over at this point...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The longer the Hynes experiment continues the more I start wondering about the Shero experiment.

I still believe in Shero, but this is becoming a crisis...Shero’s first since coming here, really, because there were some real expectations and “right now” moves made.  I want to see how he handles it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Shero knows Hall is as good as gone and has already written the season off -- he isn't in a rush. I can't think of any other reason.

That would just be such a terrible precedent. We don’t want our young guys like Nico and Hughes to get used to losing. 

• Like 2

As for Hynes, I mean...piggybacking on my last post - the team might have youth and inexperience, but...they shouldn't be this bad offensively. What little structure they play with basically arrests much of the skill the Devils have going for them. I don't really care about the breakdown that led to the third goal. It can happen when a team is pressing - not that it should. By then though, hopefully you've taken your 35+ shots on goal and had your chances. The Devils didn't come close to doing that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

The longer the Hynes experiment continues the more I start wondering about the Shero experiment.

I can definitely agree with it - owners spend their money’s for Subban and I think they don’t wanna lose a hall. And shero didn’t do anything on a market and with coaching stuff. It’s a big question how today is a day for devils owners.

Just now, hit the post said:

Remember all the hope we had for this group.....So much for how it looks on paper. Hynes needs to go,Hall is already gone so ship him off. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about playing here after he's gone.

I couldn’t care less what he has to say. He’s part of the problem right now. 

• Like 2

Oh great I can’t wait to hear what Mr. Follicles has to say...this outta be worthless...