GDT: Sens @ Devils 7PM

Devils01

John’s going to have some discussions tomorrow with his team...I feel much better now...riiiiiiiiight...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

If we could trade Hall, what would guys want in return, or what players would you want?

I’d be happy with a defenseman that’s better than Mueller and Tennyson (pretty low bar), and maybe a solid backup goalie + an early round draft pick. 

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Man, another few hundred dollars to see a blown loss in person,so exciting. /S

I’ll be there Friday.  I want to be excited about it.  Truly.  But it’s really friggin’ hard at the moment...

• Like 1

Worst loss of the season. This one hurt real bad. Punch to the stomach, another blown lead at home in third period to the worst team of the past 30 years. I’m at a loss for words and am done with this team for the year. Hockey is depressingly over on Nov 13.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gunslinger27 said:

This team has no killer extinct.......... None...........

No, I think this team does have a killer ‘extinct’..... that’s the problem.   😀

tonight was the night. after 20 years - tonight was when i finally said - that's it on seasons. i have the rest of the season to go but i can't do this anymore.

even if they had won this game tonight, it was the most boring slog i've ever seen. nobody wanted to be there. the sens. the devils. the fans - nobody. it was just not fun in any way.

but of course they didn't win. they lost - just like they've been losing all year and pretty much for the last 5 years aside from 2 years ago. it sucks, but the team is rotten.

taylor hall is as checked out as can be - between flying the zone - not back checking and waiting for a turnover at the blue line (which worked once in 5 tries and still he did nothing on the breakaway), and turning over the puck at every opportunity - he was just awful.

there were no legs on anybody tonight. how do you only put 24 shots on an ottawa team that consistenly yields the most shots in the league.

just gross - and so unbelievably upsetting. i wish i could just be numb to this but it still sucks to be so invested in this team when they don't give you anything to be excited for 6 weeks into the season.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

tonight was the night. after 20 years - tonight was when i finally said - that's it on seasons. i have the rest of the season to go but i can't do this anymore.

even if they had won this game tonight, it was the most boring slog i've ever seen. nobody wanted to be there. the sens. the devils. the fans - nobody. it was just not fun in any way.

but of course they didn't win. they lost - just like they've been losing all year and pretty much for the last 5 years aside from 2 years ago. it sucks, but the team is rotten.

taylor hall is as checked out as can be - between flying the zone - not back checking and waiting for a turnover at the blue line (which worked once in 5 tries and still he did nothing on the breakaway), and turning over the puck at every opportunity - he was just awful.

there were no legs on anybody tonight. how do you only put 24 shots on an ottawa team that consistenly yields the most shots in the league.

just gross - and so unbelievably upsetting. i wish i could just be numb to this but it still sucks to be so invested in this team when they don't give you anything to be excited for 6 weeks into the season.

Ouch the Devils losing you might be like LBJ losing Cronkite.

But yeah this has been by far the toughest season as a sth (financially at least), even tougher than 2010 - mainly cause I was in the $15 seats then and in $35 seats now where I'm already lucky if I get half of that for most games.  Plus the horsesh!t home record doesn't help.  The games I do go to - so far like half, I suspect it'll be around or just a little above half for the whole season whereas in a good year it's 2/3 easy - are either boring or infuriating, or in tonight's case both.

I'm actually shocked there were as many people there as there was tonight for a midweek November game against Ottawa, comps or not.  But it's gonna be more comps and less sth's at the rate they're going.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, devlman said:

Oh and I legit dislike Taylor Hall. He is a loser who will pad his stats and people will say he’s a ppg player, but he doesn’t play winning hockey. He’ll also end up taunting his own fans on top of it all, too.

He's not the only one.  That whole useless group this side of Blackwood quit on the game after being tied.  At home, by the horsesh!t Ottawa Senators.  

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I will be incredibly disappointed in Shero if Hynes isn't fired tomorrow.  Completely not committed to winning if it doesn't happen. 

I have a feeling Shero will not only keep Hynes this entire year, but he will retain him next year too. Shero is extremely loyal/stubborn toward his employees and doesnt care about the fans' opinions on this.