GDT: Devils vs Penguins, 15 Nov 19, 7pm Eastern

jagknife

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Nope, he didn't get a raise for this year. 

Ah yeah, true, but the fact that’s he’s now a 50 million dollar man is indeed quite a change. Even if it hasn’t started yet. So I doubt he’s too disgruntled like that poster purposes. 

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

No sports franchise "accepts" losing-- No matter how long they have been ass. It's a very strange perspective to have.

Man I don't know about that - maybe it's not "accepted" but it sure becomes normalized after a certain point.  Look at any of the perennial losers across the major sports - sometimes it just becomes associated with the team and becomes very, very hard to shake.

I hope that's not us.

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man I don't know about that - maybe it's not "accepted" but it sure becomes normalized after a certain point.  Look at any of the perennial losers across the major sports - sometimes it just becomes associated with the team and becomes very, very hard to shake.

I hope that's not us.

Maybe players who lurk too long on losing teams can become so demoralized that they become apathetic. That is only because, for the most part, their jobs are safe. I don't think this happens often, nor to everyone on the team, nor to the team's larger staff group. If people fail to do a good job they get fired and no one in professional sports doesn't want to be competitive. Even teams like Atlanta didn't mail it in back in the day. All they did was fail to be good but they didn't have a losing culture just because they lost a lot. Granted, Jack Eichel said this of Buffalo a couple years ago and it was nothing a coaching change couldn't fix. 

29 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Ah yeah, true, but the fact that’s he’s now a 50 million dollar man is indeed quite a change. Even if it hasn’t started yet. So I doubt he’s too disgruntled like that poster purposes. 

Yes of course the money is great but I’m pretty sure the players want to be on a cup contender in the end.  Granted I do agree, having that kind of money is a dream but all athletes growing up want to win the championship in their sport.  How many times do you hear players say “I’ve played pretend hockey in my basement and it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup final and I scored the final goal to win it.”  That has to be the motivating factor once they go pro but once they realize the money that comes along with it they may be more accepting of not winning a championship but I gotta imagine that’s what he really wants.  This team wouldn’t be able to get there without him any way.  I just want a fvcking cup already, 16 years of waiting is too long, hate it.

a big win or a big loss would not surprise me, a blown lead should be expected at this point.

regardless of tonights outcome my feeling is this team is firmly in no mans land, which is the worst possible position. Not bad enough to force Shero into making changes and nowhere near good enough to accomplish much of anything. It would be nice to see some guys show up for more than once or twice a month.

PS - didn't realize Zajac was still playing.

Edited by titans04

54 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Look at any of the perennial losers across the major sports - sometimes it just becomes associated with the team and becomes very, very hard to shake.

I hope that's not us.

I’m a Dolphins fan.... believe me, this couldn’t be more true. The last thing I want is for the Devils to become the Dolphins. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Really didn't want to use this, but I'm superstitious. 

IMG_0726[575].jpg

Kellogg’s trying a new cereal...Peppersteak with onions, it’s an acquired taste.  You left out the milk and/or rice.  If it translates to multiple wins you better stock up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

PK sporting perhaps the biggest windshield I've ever seen. Yeah not new I know that. 

Rafalski says hi

Colin White says hold my goddamn squeegee

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm not that old, but it is weird because I remember reading Travis Zajac's draft profile in The Hockey News and now we're basically nearing the final stretch of his career. It doesn't seem like that long ago but it is. Man, we've been though a lot in that time. Glad he's still around.

I remember not knowing how to pronounce his name when I lived out of the area for school and Center Ice wasn't an option, the first time I heard someone say it, i didn't believe it. lol

• Haha 1