GDT: Devils vs Penguins, 15 Nov 19, 7pm Eastern

jagknife

22 minutes ago, devlman said:

This team fvcking blows. Completely outplayed and outclassed by an AHL roster on home ice. Almost choked another one. Gusev experiment needs to end, he’s a complete liability.

if not for Blackwood this is an ugly loss.

This is the response to *winning* a game. 

• Like 3

Well at least one goalie is over .900 in save% now...Mac is now at .903.  

Butt-ugly win for sure, but it’s a win.  I’ll take it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I hate when we make things “interesting”. Fvck interesting. 

It is funny though how the GDT was dead until that goal, then all of a sudden, tons of replies in seconds. I think some of you just like to complain.

You only "think" that? lol it's pretty much a fact haha

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I was wearing this one:

48120667347_21514beda0_b.jpg

Refresh my memory...is this one a game issued?  My one issue with goalie cuts are the arms...I had a Ahonen River Rats jersey (the black one, same kind as you had at one point) and it felt like I was wearing bat wings...I only wore it a couple of times, then traded it to DM84, who then sold it.  How does this Blackwood jersey fit?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Refresh my memory...is this one a game issued?  My one issue with goalie cuts are the arms...I had a Ahonen River Rats jersey (the black one, same kind as you had at one point) and it felt like I was wearing bat wings...I only wore it a couple of times, then traded it to DM84, who then sold it.  How does this Blackwood jersey fit?

This was a team issued that had a weird number I don’t remember and no name. All of a sudden, it popped up on MeiGray, actually home, road and heritage all with the same number. I assumed they were made in case of an emergency backup situation. 

I bought it (actually all 3), stripped them, and had this one redone as Blackwood. 

I hated the pre-Edge goalie cuts, I sold every one I ever had within days. But both Edge and Adidas I like. I got used to the bigger arms pretty quickly. It helps that the Adidas player cuts are so tight fitting, which I hate. 

I myself am “goalie cut”, so these are right in the zone for me. 

Speaking of game issued jerseys, I got my first one from Meigray recently. It was a John Ramage #55 (no idea who that is), and I’m going to send it into EPS to have it stripped and redone with Hughes. Still don’t like the Adidas as much as the Edge, but it’s pretty nice quality wise. I do like how the mesh on the shoulders looks in person. 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of game issued jerseys, I got my first one from Meigray recently. It was a John Ramage #55 (no idea who that is), and I’m going to send it into EPS to have it stripped and redone with Hughes. Still don’t like the Adidas as much as the Edge, but it’s pretty nice quality wise. I do like how the mesh on the shoulders looks in person. 

When you send it, make sure you ask for the current font. I’m almost 100% sure you’d get it, but the letters are a little skinnier and the numbers are a little smaller than when EPS was doing the team’s stuff. I’ve had them do a number of Adidas for me so far and they came out great. And 86 covers 55 well just in case, although for the most part, I’ve been finding PX’s customization very easy to remove. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I'm gonna be that guy. I like the new jerseys. 

I like them also. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Better than the old ones though? Cause that’s the thing, the Adidas are by no means bad, but the old ones were close to perfect. 

Better? Probably not. And I would’ve appreciated the whole “new team, new look” thing if we didn’t still suck lol. 

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

This is the response to *winning* a game. 

Can you blame anyone?  That was the worst 'win' I can remember in quite some time, they were pathetic in the last two periods.  The only applause that was deserved after the game was for Blackwood after he got named first star (and should have been second and third as well).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Better than the old ones though? Cause that’s the thing, the Adidas are by no means bad, but the old ones were close to perfect. 

Yeah I wore my GW Global Series Palms last night, and even now, when I put on a current red Adidas, I just think “hmmmmmmm”.  I think the white Adidas jerseys are OK, but yeah, the Edges and previous remain the better look.  I like wearing those much more.

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When you send it, make sure you ask for the current font. I’m almost 100% sure you’d get it, but the letters are a little skinnier and the numbers are a little smaller than when EPS was doing the team’s stuff. I’ve had them do a number of Adidas for me so far and they came out great. And 86 covers 55 well just in case, although for the most part, I’ve been finding PX’s customization very easy to remove. 

So you strip yours before sending them in? I’m far too lazy for that, and I don’t want to mess up the jersey, so I’ll just pay them to do it. 

As far as the font, last year I sent in a blank Indo Adidas “authentic” heritage and had it made into a Hischier, and that’s what I did - asked for the closest to the most current Devils font they had. It looks pretty good. 

Edited by Nicomo

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So you strip yours before sending them in? I’m far too lazy for that, and I don’t want to mess up the jersey, so I’ll just pay them to do it. 

As far as the font, last year I sent in a blank Indo Adidas “authentic” and had it made into a Hischier, and that’s what I did - asked for the closest to the most current Devils font they had. It looks pretty good. 

I gotta get motivated and send them my damned Global Series Dea so I can get it changed into a Hischier already.  Going from #10 to #13 should be an easy modification.  

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Can you blame anyone?  That was the worst 'win' I can remember in quite some time, they were pathetic in the last two periods.  The only applause that was deserved after the game was for Blackwood after he got named first star (and should have been second and third as well).

With the amount of games we have been losing, I could give a sh!t less if we have a “bad win”. But, that said, Blackwood stepped up like a good player does. Coleman made another crazy effort, 90% of our roster never gets the second shot on that play, let alone score the goal. 

We got the job done, period. I will take that every night, please. 

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I gotta get motivated and send them my damned Global Series Dea so I can get it changed into a Hischier already.  Going from #10 to #13 should be an easy modification.  

And historically, red are easier than white. Glue leaves less stains. But for the most part, PX isn’t using a lot of glue. My heritage jersey was an exception to that, those numbers were locked the fvck down and took an extraordinary effort.

A bit of EPS advice, they are taking about 3-4 months to do anything more than basic work (stripping/cleaning glue residue is not basic), so if you send it now, you won’t see it again until February at a minimum. So if you’d enjoy wearing it as a Dea while the season is going, you may want to wait. 

I say this as someone who absolutely never waits and who sends his jerseys in as soon as the whim hits him. But I’m ridiculous with the buying and selling, and typically always have something of mine at EPS at all times. 

I won’t ever wear it as a Dea...at the time I only bid on him as insurance in case I didn’t win the Palms auction (but obviously wound up winning both).  I also have a ton of other stuff to wear in the interim.  Even if I didn’t get it back until next season, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.  But might as well get some real use out of this one at some point.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I won’t ever wear it as a Dea...at the time I only bid on him as insurance in case I didn’t win the Palms auction (but obviously wound up winning both).  I also have a ton of other stuff to wear in the interim.  Even if I didn’t get it back until next season, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.  But might as well get some real use out of this one at some point.

Then it’s time to send it. Request the current font and the Adidas material nameplate. They would likely have given you both anyway, but I always tell people to be as specific as possible so they know they will get what they want. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

With the amount of games we have been losing, I could give a sh!t less if we have a “bad win”. But, that said, Blackwood stepped up like a good player does. Coleman made another crazy effort, 90% of our roster never gets the second shot on that play, let alone score the goal. 

We got the job done, period. I will take that every night, please. 

I don't care that it was a "bad win" either but it sure as did feel like they were going to crumble and give up the tying goal. They really tried hard to as well but Mac was amazing and prevented it. 

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care that it was a "bad win" either but it sure as did feel like they were going to crumble and give up the tying goal. They really tried hard to as well but Mac was amazing and prevented it. 

The question was whether I could blame anyone for their ridiculous negativity following a bad win (worst win, actually, like that’s a thing).  

My response was, essentially, yes, I can. 

Agreed, it felt like they might collapse but they didn’t. Instead they pulled out a one goal win in a low scoring game against a better team (albeit an injured one). That’s the “worst win”? Hardly.