2020 NHL Draft Thread: Devils: #7 Holtz!

CommonDreads

18 hours ago, jagknife said:

Vancouver - PAC#2 - 72 points - +4 on Nash - 0 GIH

Arizona - WC#1 - 70 points - +2 on Nash - (-4) GIH

Vancouver drops to PAC#3 - 3 points up on WPG, 3 in hand

Arizona now WC#2 - 1 point up on WPG, 1 more game played. 2 points up on NSH w/ 4 more games played.

Vancouver with a big OT win in Montreal, battled back from being down 2-0 and 3-2. Demko made 37 saves for his 11th. 

Jets fall to the Caps in the shootout. Nucks 4 points clear of them.

Yotes up 1-0 on the Panthers end of 1.

EDIT: Yotes fall to the Panthers, 2-1.

Yotes now outside looking in at the Preds (fvck them) who have three games in hand, same number of points. Jets at 70 as well.

Edited by jagknife

• 4 weeks later...

The Athletic ran a draft simulation 100 times on Tankathon and we ended up with a lottery pick 25 times, and the #1 12 times. Which is crazy with only the 6th best odds. I can’t wait to see how this all shakes out. I haven’t even let myself entertain the idea of winning the #1 again, but I would be ecstatic to even land the 2nd or 3rd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

The Athletic ran a draft simulation 100 times on Tankathon and we ended up with a lottery pick 25 times, and the #1 12 times. Which is crazy with only the 6th best odds. I can’t wait to see how this all shakes out. I haven’t even let myself entertain the idea of winning the #1 again, but I would be ecstatic to even land the 2nd or 3rd. 

I can't see us possibly being that lucky again, but id take it in a heartbeat. The rest of the league would lose their minds which would make it even better

• Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Aitchmack said:

Nice. As rubbish as this season has been I can't wait for the draft. To think that we could end up with two (or three) prospects like Drysdale or Rossi is pretty amazing.

I'm far more pumped to get Sanderson. He's been touted as the next Seth Jones/ McAvoy and defends in his zone really well. And won't need 2/3 years to mature.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Aitchmack said:

Nice. As rubbish as this season has been I can't wait for the draft. To think that we could end up with two (or three) prospects like Drysdale or Rossi is pretty amazing.

Supposed deep draft, and Devils with 3 picks  in the 1st?  Thank you Fitz!  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nicomo said:

How did Arizona do in those simulations?

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

How did Arizona do in those simulations?

The very first sim they ran ARI ended up with 1st pick, which would suck. 

The worst one was a scenario where the Rags won the 1st and we fell all the way back to 9. Which would be catastrophic. 

its such a fvcked up time... 1 for the prospects... no idea when the draft will be.... for upcoming UFAs... no idea if they played their last game with their team... when their contract will be up and if they'll be leaving.. if so the timing will be really important... if the suggested plan with having the new season starting in like october i think and playing almost up to that point... when do you make your decision to move your whole family and life somewhere else in such a rush? i know that's what's happening when you're traded.. but thats different than making a decision on july 1st and having a few months to setup before the season.

if anything i think it may drive most UFAs to stay with the club they are with already rather than making such a big move in such a weird and uncertain time

Edited by SterioDesign

52 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

ARZ cannot be 4.

i saw one sim where it was arz 1 and njd 2. that's a bag of mixed emotions.

Hold on.............why can't Arizona finish 4th and then we get it?  

Yet some of these say they can be 1.......but not 4?

What gives?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Hold on.............why can't Arizona finish 4th and then we get it?  

Yet some of these say they can be 1.......but not 4?

What gives?

They can win the lottery and have picks 1, 2, or 3, but if they don’t win we get the pick and the highest their it can be is 10 and lowest 13 (you can only drop back 3 spots). It’s based off where they finished. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-alexis-lafreniere-solidifies-status-as-hockey-s-top-prospect-1.1461675

Some surprises on his list. Stutzle jumping ahead of Byfield, Perfetti in the top 5, Quinn and Askarov in the top 10. If things fell this way and we pick 6th I’d definitely want Rossi. 

Saw this earlier today, it's honestly upsetting how off base this is. I'm as big of a Jack Quinn as you're going to find, but there's no way you could watch the Ottawa 67s the previous two seasons and think Quinn is a better prospect than Rossi.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Saw this earlier today, it's honestly upsetting how off base this is. I'm as big of a Jack Quinn as you're going to find, but there's no way you could watch the Ottawa 67s the previous two seasons and think Quinn is a better prospect than Rossi.

well Button said he's reminded him of Pastrnak... which... was not seen as a better prospect than... many many other guys and look at now

BUT Jack is also (i believe) the oldest player in this draft, i think he was born like 4 days before the cutoff for last year's draft. So obviously thats huge at that age. BUT #2, Jossi is also older he was born like 4 days after Quinn

Jack missed being in last year's draft by like 4 days and he probably would have been taken in the 3rd or 4th round. Players can jump in rankings but not this much.

I do not want Quinn unless its with our 17th pick (or whatever it is). He's on a ridiculously stacked team. 

• Like 1