2020 NHL Draft Thread: Devils: #7 Holtz!

CommonDreads

Pronman published his latest (and final I believe) 2020 Draft Board the other day.  Don't want to copy premium content to respect their business and all that (and keep DM out of trouble), but his ranking is as follows:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

I will literally be overjoyed if Drysdale somehow falls to us at 7.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pronman published his latest (and final I believe) 2020 Draft Board the other day.  Don't want to copy premium content to respect their business and all that (and keep DM out of trouble), but his ranking is as follows:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

i mean it means nothing until draft day but i actually saw quiiite a few mock drafts where we were landing Drysdale. I personally don't think he'll be there but we'll see

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean it means nothing until draft day but i actually saw quiiite a few mock drafts where we were landing Drysdale. I personally don't think he'll be there but we'll see

If that’s the case, one of those other dudes will be, and that’s pretty good. 

14 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

Hold my beer

meh. When I see this mock I understand that his under-22 rating isn’t valid. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like (mostly reading on HFboards) that Sanderson and Drysdale may go very early as they're the two premier defensemen in a draft that's pretty light at the position.

I'll be disappointed if Drysdale is gone by the time we pick, but if BOTH go before #7 we'll have a shot at a legit stud forward.

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Athletic did their beat-writers mock draft; Masisak picked Marco Rossi at 7, Connor Zary at 18, and Kaiden Guhle at 20 for the Devils.

I think that is a bad journalism work. 2 centers and one left handed stay at home defenseman. If we will pick Rossi, and i think we will, i dont see any chance we will pick Zary too. And I like Guhle more than Schneider, but organisation hasn`t deep in RD, but we have three or four defensive LD. The devils will prefer Schneider more likely. Or any talented RW that the first round is full of.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I think that is a bad journalism work. 2 centers and one left handed stay at home defenseman. If we will pick Rossi, and i think we will, i dont see any chance we will pick Zary too. And I like Guhle more than Schneider, but organisation hasn`t deep in RD, but we have three or four defensive LD. The devils will prefer Schneider more likely. Or any talented RW that the first round is full of.

In the mock, Calgary took Schneider at 19, one pick in front of the Devils. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i think Detroit will pick Drysdale and that Ottawa will pick Rossy. So let's not hope too much for these 2 lol we've got our expectations crushed enough recently lol

On an episode of 31 Thoughts, Sam Cosentino was talking about who he thought would go where.  He slotted Cole Perfetti at 4 and he mentioned that "the ties between Detroit and Perfetti are too much to ignore".. whatever that means.

The episode is from June 27th and the sound clip came from his analysis that starts around 47:30 - worth a listen

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

On an episode of 31 Thoughts, Sam Cosentino was talking about who he thought would go where.  He slotted Cole Perfetti at 4 and he mentioned that "the ties between Detroit and Perfetti are too much to ignore".. whatever that means.

The episode is from June 27th and the sound clip came from his analysis that starts around 47:30 - worth a listen

yeah i JUST read something similar in the youtube comment of a Perfetti scouting video 

It’s looking like it now. He’s the only one I’ve heard who’s had any connection at all to Detroit. I think I’d prefer Raymond but it’s rumored that he’s going to Ottawa at 5. Detroit seems to really like Perfetti, which I’m warming up to."

Not sure what that connection is? But i also remember hearing that Detroit was the team Drysdale talked to the most or something?

17 minutes ago, Crisis said:

He goes on and around 52:00 gives his breakdown of picks.

1. NYR - Lafreniere
2. Los Angeles - Stutzle
3. Ottawa - Byfield
4. Detroit - Perfetti (he actually called this as much of a lock as Lafreniere)
5. Ottawa - Drysdale (said this could change and be Sanderson)
6. Anaheim - Sanderson (Drysdale if Sens take Sanderson)
7. NJD - Rossi
8. Buffalo - Raymond

Edited by Crisis

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i JUST read something similar in the youtube comment of a Perfetti scouting video 

Not sure what that connection is? But i also remember hearing that Detroit was the team Drysdale talked to the most or something?

Heard this too.  Very possible I heard it here or even from you ha.  Or a case of deja entendu, I suppose.

Detroit drafted Seider and Antti Tuomisto year ago. They had good year. Hronek is right handed young puck mover, Lindstrom is right handed defensman.  They have lack of depth in LD, Yzerman is an old school gm and he likes to draft big guys. My bet he will draft Sanderson. May be Rossi, or Perfetti after them. In that order.

An interesting detail - Perfetti passed three interviews with Detroit. This is a likely option. And there is a small chance that we can expect a surprise - Askarov. Yzerman pick is the biggest and most intriguing mystery for me. But Sanderson.

Edited by Guadana