2020 NHL Draft Thread: Devils: #7 Holtz!

41 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well my point is simply that it's possible to get a decent player for a late first and a prospect lol 

edit: wait, did he really? I'm not sure if i remember that? He did ask to be traded but i'm pretty sure the Jets picked the Rangers in order to get back their pick? 

Cause how can we forget Daniel's meltdown about us not matching that offer.

If memory serves, Trouba demanded the Rags. Part of it was his girlfriend is attending medical school in NYC.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lafreniere reminds me a bit of John Tavares. Lafreniere has more bite and physicality to his game, but the offensive tools are a dead ringer to Tavares for me. Byfield reminds of Eric Staal in hi

thanks for asking! i’m 100% now, and my wife never tested positive.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If memory serves, Trouba demanded the Rags. Part of it was his girlfriend is attending medical school in NYC.

My memory's hazy but if he didn't outright demand NYR, he definitely had some kind of demand that said the States cause of the aforementioned fiance.

We could always package picks to a cap strapped team before someone else beats us to the punch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Also, Pionk wasn't really a prospect anymore. At the time he was traded he was a minus D-man who put up 15-20 points a year. He actually had a pretty great year with WPG this year putting up 45 points and sporting a +10. Amazing what happens when you leave the urinal across the river.

EDIT: I'm not sure if him being a minus D-man vs a prospect supports SD's point or not. Maybe WPG saw something more in Pionk than what met the eye, but I doubt NJ has anything like that to offer.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Also, Pionk wasn't really a prospect anymore. At the time he was traded he was a minus D-man who put up 15-20 points a year. He actually had a pretty great year with WPG this year putting up 45 points and sporting a +10. Amazing what happens when you leave the urinal across the river.

EDIT: I'm not sure if him being a minus D-man vs a prospect supports SD's point or not. Maybe WPG saw something more in Pionk than what met the eye, but I doubt NJ has anything like that to offer.

my point was literally just "we may be able to package that late first with something else to get something good in return"

That's about it

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

my point was literally just "we may be able to package that late first with something else to get something good in return"

BAH GAWD THAT'S MARNER'S MUSIC

/s

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

They should've held a 3rd lottery to determine when the draft would be, followed by a 4th lottery to determine whether its live or virtual, and then if live, a 5th lottery to determine the city where it would be held followed by a 6th lottery to determine the venue.  

It also bears noting that should you believe in omens, good or bad, the draft is on my birthday. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

Pronman published his latest (and final I believe) 2020 Draft Board the other day.  Don't want to copy premium content to respect their business and all that (and keep DM out of trouble), but his ranking is as follows:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

I will literally be overjoyed if Drysdale somehow falls to us at 7.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pronman published his latest (and final I believe) 2020 Draft Board the other day.  Don't want to copy premium content to respect their business and all that (and keep DM out of trouble), but his ranking is as follows:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

i mean it means nothing until draft day but i actually saw quiiite a few mock drafts where we were landing Drysdale. I personally don't think he'll be there but we'll see

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean it means nothing until draft day but i actually saw quiiite a few mock drafts where we were landing Drysdale. I personally don't think he'll be there but we'll see

If that’s the case, one of those other dudes will be, and that’s pretty good. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

If that’s the case, one of those other dudes will be, and that’s pretty good. 

Rossi being 9th on there is very surprising though i really dont think he'll fall that far behind if he falls at all

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Rossi being 9th on there is very surprising though i really dont think he'll fall that far behind if he falls at all

Not a chance.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Perfetti
6. Holtz
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Rossi
10. Zary

(skipping ahead)

17. Lundell
18. Perrault
19. Borque
20. Poirier
21. Peterka

Hold my beer

meh. When I see this mock I understand that his under-22 rating isn’t valid. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like (mostly reading on HFboards) that Sanderson and Drysdale may go very early as they're the two premier defensemen in a draft that's pretty light at the position.

I'll be disappointed if Drysdale is gone by the time we pick, but if BOTH go before #7 we'll have a shot at a legit stud forward.

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i think the only players we have no real shot at are Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle.

Other than that i think anyone else "couuuuuuld" mayyyyyyybe fall to us

Agreed. 4-8/9 should be very interesting. 

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Athletic did their beat-writers mock draft; Masisak picked Marco Rossi at 7, Connor Zary at 18, and Kaiden Guhle at 20 for the Devils.

I think that is a bad journalism work. 2 centers and one left handed stay at home defenseman. If we will pick Rossi, and i think we will, i dont see any chance we will pick Zary too. And I like Guhle more than Schneider, but organisation hasn`t deep in RD, but we have three or four defensive LD. The devils will prefer Schneider more likely. Or any talented RW that the first round is full of.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Athletic did their beat-writers mock draft; Masisak picked Marco Rossi at 7, Connor Zary at 18, and Kaiden Guhle at 20 for the Devils.

Pronman just updated his list to have Rossi at #3

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I think that is a bad journalism work. 2 centers and one left handed stay at home defenseman. If we will pick Rossi, and i think we will, i dont see any chance we will pick Zary too. And I like Guhle more than Schneider, but organisation hasn`t deep in RD, but we have three or four defensive LD. The devils will prefer Schneider more likely. Or any talented RW that the first round is full of.

In the mock, Calgary took Schneider at 19, one pick in front of the Devils.