2020 NHL Draft Thread: Devils: #7 Holtz!

I'd rather draft a forward with 7 and take a chance on a kid like Kaiden Guhle being there at 18.  Then grab another forward at 20, maybe Reichel if he's there at 20.  I'm just not convinced on taking Sanderson with that 7 pick, assuming Drysdale is gone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lafreniere reminds me a bit of John Tavares. Lafreniere has more bite and physicality to his game, but the offensive tools are a dead ringer to Tavares for me. Byfield reminds of Eric Staal in hi

thanks for asking! i’m 100% now, and my wife never tested positive.

Posted Images

Next year is when to go for a dman if they don’t get Drysdale or Sanderson. It’s supposed to be a great draft for d, similar to this one being deep with high end forwards. 

I definitely want forwards at both 18 and 20. Unless Askarov is there which he won’t be. 

This franchise has taught for so many years that there must be a defense first, that a quick transfer of the puck from defense to offense helps any hockey player to score and maintain the pace. But all the upbringing is obviously gone. Forgive us, Fathers.

I’m already expecting to be letdown. With that said, welcome to nj askarov!(in 3-4 years)

tell you the truth, I wouldn’t be mad with that pick if he’s as good as they say he is. Just sucks knowin we’re gonna suck for a bit longer than expected. 

• Like 1

Been so hockey checked-out since the Rangers won the lotto. But I'm back in it for tonight.

The only way the Devils fail tonight is if they draft Askarov at 7. I think Carolina takes him at 13, so I'm fine if the Devils trade 18 and a 3rd round pick to jump them to 12 and take Askarov. But do. Not. Take. A. Goalie. At. 7. Overall.

Please. 

• Like 2

What sucks the most is that there's SO many goalies available right now. Would be a perfect combo of Blackwood and someone else.

But we're fvcking stuck with Schneider who i have absolutely no faith in anymore and no hope of him turning him around

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

What sucks the most is that there's SO many goalies available right now. Would be a perfect combo of Blackwood and someone else.

But we're fvcking stuck with Schneider who i have absolutely no faith in anymore and no hope of him turning him around

Are we? Can't we buy that fvcker out or send him back to Binghamton?

I mean we HAVE the extra money and we rarely use it for anything else...

There has been speculation the Devils could buy out Cory Schneider, who has two seasons remaining on a seven-year, $42 million contract that carries a $6 million cap hit. Schneider is not the same goalie who strung together three-straight 20-win seasons from 2014-2017, but Fitzgerald likely doesn’t want to be stuck with a $2 million cap hit for four seasons when the Devils would like to be a legit contender.

“I don’t have an answer to that, to be honest,” Fitzgerald said. “The buyouts are options for everybody. How does that work for us? Where does that leave us? I guess I’ll just leave it at that.” 

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/yaroslav-askarov-is-center-of-devils-nhl-draft-2020-dilemma/ Buying out Schneider would be fine by me.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

There has been speculation the Devils could buy out Cory Schneider, who has two seasons remaining on a seven-year, $42 million contract that carries a $6 million cap hit. Schneider is not the same goalie who strung together three-straight 20-win seasons from 2014-2017, but Fitzgerald likely doesn’t want to be stuck with a $2 million cap hit for four seasons when the Devils would like to be a legit contender.

“I don’t have an answer to that, to be honest,” Fitzgerald said. “The buyouts are options for everybody. How does that work for us? Where does that leave us? I guess I’ll just leave it at that.” 

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/yaroslav-askarov-is-center-of-devils-nhl-draft-2020-dilemma/ Buying out Schneider would be fine by me.

Even if they drafted Askarov he's signed in the KHL until 2023 so there wouldn't be any point in buying Schneider out now for that reason. Now if you're buying him out because you want a backup goalie that's half decent - then get in done Fitz.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

Even if they drafted Askarov he's signed in the KHL until 2023 so there wouldn't be any point in buying Schneider out now for that reason. Now if you're buying him out because you want a backup goalie that's half decent - then get in done Fitz.

Yeah it should have nothing to to do with Askarov. Just buy Cory out, I’d rather sign one of the plethora of goalies that will be available to back up Blackwood.

• Like 2

I'd almost rather let the Schneider/PK contracts run their course than end up with a nagging payout every year for 6 years. 

Edit: But I'm not the one footting the bill. 

Edited by NJDevils1214

there's no reason to buy cory out unless you want to save the actual $. his cap hit is not an issue for the next two years and you can send him back to bingo if you want. plus he's available for expansion (you have to expose a goalie).

Been MIA the last few months. I've followed the playoffs and such, but haven't been as motivated to post as much. I've been following the prospects and rankings though. 

I'm super excited for tonight and excited to be back on a more regular basis.

This draft tonight has the potential to bring in 3 extremely talented players, considering how deep the draft is. That's exciting.

My heart says either Sanderson or Raymond are coming here. My head says Rossi or Perfetti. We'll see. 

All that I know is that we're getting an extremely solid player.

LGD

• Like 2

Can't find a streaming for the draft tonight...  I still have plenty of time to find one but if you got one, don't forget about the little silly french you all love ! ; ) 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, moustic said:

Can't find a streaming for the draft tonight...  I still have plenty of time to find one but if you got one, don't forget about the little silly french you all love ! ; ) 

May be i`m wrong. I will find more later.

Edited by Guadana