Sign in to follow this  
CommonDreads

2020 NHL Draft Thread: Devils First Pick: #7

The day someone hits gary bettman with a vehicle is the day this league gets 20 times better.

Until then, i’ll wake up every morning hoping to check my phone and see that it’s happened. 

I don’t even think i’m a hockey fan any more. I’m a devils fan, and i hope every other team folds.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

So we (minus SD) want Montreal to bounce first, then the Yotes then Vancouver so we have 3 this year?

No i want MTL to win cause them winning means... they can't get the first overall... and IF we get the Arizona pick.. it could be pick 8 or 9 say chicago win too

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

How did that work out for Ottawa and Detroit? 

Fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Well I can’t ACTUALLY root for them. But still, I’d like them to get fvcked as hard as possible. 

CA47AB99-D74C-4324-BC05-026D367E4E63.jpeg

The Arizona pick is lottery protected?

Posted (edited)

Arizona is going to win it (the Hall effect) and we’ll have their unprotected 1st next year. That’s about as bright side as I can do right now.

Edited by Jerzey

Just now, MB3 said:

The day someone hits gary bettman with a vehicle is the day this league gets 20 times better.

Until then, i’ll wake up every morning hoping to check my phone and see that it’s happened. 

I don’t even think i’m a hockey fan any more. I’m a devils fan, and i hope every other team folds.

Right there with you.

How can anyone root for this joke of a league?

Just now, Crisis said:

The Arizona pick is lottery protected?

yes. I mean... we can basically assume at this point they'll win the lottery since they have Taylor Hall

I hope the playoffs are a clusterfvck. I hope that the virus stops them 9 times. I hope the league loses sponsorships and we watch illegal chinese streams of HGTV to watch the season next year. I hope the winning team has seven replacement players and no officials because of COVID and i hope the stanley cup breaks in their hands. 

i hope the league gets as butchered as it deserves to get with this clown show that runs it. 

wake up, you morons. we’re watching the WWF. 

if ya SMELLLLLL what the gary is COOOOOKING! 

i don’t care who we draft. see you guys next year for the same dog and pony show with our paste eating organization.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm no conspiracy theorist but it's very, very convenient that one of the play in teams won the #1 overall pick lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah this is WAY more logical lol Rangers need to win and lose in the first round. Fine to hate the Rangers but we have to think logically here lol

Arguably that’s how you hate them for the max result lol. 

Posted (edited)

If this virus gets worse and they end up having to cancel the season completely do we get to do this whole thing over the right way?

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

We might not have to worry who to root against if Covid has its way and gets the whole thing cancelled anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This completely undermines the play-in round.  Why would any of these players on these inferior teams even give half-an-ass when they know if they lose they've got a good shot at a generational talent?

Why would the Canes, Rags, Wild, Habs, Yotes, Islanders or Panthers honestly try to win their series?

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

We might not have to worry who to root against if Covid has its way and gets the whole thing cancelled anyway. 

And then what?  What does the NHL do then?  Every single play-in team gets an even chance at the 1OA?

Sorry I'm not coming at you, just trying to acknowledge the absolute absurdity of the situation.  

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

so basically from the play-in round...

we need MTL and CHICAGO to win in order to potentially get the 9th pick from the Arizona pick (if they lose in the play-in round...) but then... that'd give the biggest odds to Arizona to win the lottery... so that's a tough one to root for.. hard to say if a 2021 first round pick from arizona god knows where they'd land... would be better than a pick in this year's deep draft...

Then we need the RANGERS to win the play-in (and hopefully lose in the first round) so they cannot potentially win the first overall... then we need VANCOUVER to win and hopefully lose in the first round so we can get a decent mid first round pick.

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This completely undermines the play-in round.  Why would any of these players on these inferior teams even give half-an-ass when they know if they lose they've got a good shot at a generational talent?

Why would the Canes, Rags, Wild, Habs, Yotes, Islanders or Panthers honestly try to win their series?

And then what?  What does the NHL do then?  Every single play-in team gets an even chance at the 1OA?

Sorry I'm not coming at you, just trying to acknowledge the absolute absurdity of the situation.  

A situation where you get to play for the playoffs and win a 1OA shouldn't exist anyway.

• Like 2

Ok... but who will we get ? Still a shot at Rossi at number 7 ?

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't think they even know lol they'll cross that bridge and make up something if it happens 

playoffs will get cancelled and now the high market rangers and canadiens get MONUMENTALLY better odds at 1OA than if they hadn’t had this predetermined “first draft” nonsense in the first place.

THIS.

SPORT.

IS.

FIXED.

3 minutes ago, moustic said:

Ok... but who will we get ? Still a shot at Rossi at number 7 ?

I doubt Rossi. Maybe Holtz, Quinn, or Lundell at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

playoffs will get cancelled and now the high market rangers and canadiens get MONUMENTALLY better odds at 1OA than if they hadn’t had this predetermined “first draft” nonsense in the first place.

THIS.

SPORT.

IS.

FIXED.

If it was fixed we would have never gotten the #1 pick with Nico and Hughes...... This year though, especially with how the world has gone in 2020 nothing would surprise me at this point lol

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I doubt Rossi. Maybe Holtz, Quinn, or Lundell at this point.

With any luck a guy like Raymond will slide... 
I'm pretty sure Rossi is not out of reach (Raymond is more in the out of reach category) 

3 minutes ago, moustic said:

With any luck a guy like Raymond will slide... 
I'm pretty sure Rossi is not out of reach (Raymond is more in the out of reach category) 

I feel the opposite, but I like Rossi more than Raymond.

If we forget about the sour feeling right now... We will end with a really good player at 7... and with any luck 2 more good players in the first round !

I'm still confident about our future

• Like 2