Hall or Hynes, who is gone first?

Daniel

Hall or Hynes: Who is gone first?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who is gone first

• Hall
    • Hynes

The team isn't going to be in contention for a playoff place and I think Hall will walk at the end of the season. As much as I'd love him to stay I think Shero should get as much as possible for him. Trade him to a win now team in exchange for top end prospects/picks.

I can't see them doing anything about Hynes until the end of the season when there's likely to be some better coaching candidates available than there are now.

• Like 2

I think maybe Shero should be in the mix as well.  Fans will stop making an effort to go to games & social media is talked about I'm sure at meetings (not that it drives narrative). Remember Shero was fired because he refused to fire Bylsma. (at least thats how the story goes). Not long afterward, new GM Bylsma was gone.

Some of us are already finding a home for Hall. And looking for a Trotz or Tippett. Time for Scott Stevens. 

I don't think Hynes leaves this season. Even though this lineup is possibly the best he's had during his tenure, and he's allowing them to underachieve, Ray will stick by his guy.

Hall, on the other hand, will be shipped out for an underwhelming return and we'll all rage post until the end of the year.

17 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

If you're smart and you're Shero... you want to hang onto Hynes for as long as possible before his own head is the next target on the chopping block. So what does that mean? Hall is going first and hopefully we get a good return on him.

Shero's extension is a bit of safety blanket, given that it will probably take a decent amount of a disaster for him to be gone and for ownership to be willing to pay that salary for a guy not really working for him.

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Shero's extension is a bit of safety blanket, given that it will probably take a decent amount of a disaster for him to be gone and for ownership to be willing to pay that salary for a guy not really working for him.

Ya that's the unfortunate piece of it. Our fanbase is ruthless right now though so I'm sure he's shakin' in his boots regardless.

28 minutes ago, nessus said:

As long as Hall doesn't sign, I don't think he's gone until close to the trade deadline. If he continues to put up points, his value will only go up. I don't think Hynes lasts that long.

What's pissing me off about Hall is he's 3 points under PPG, but man the guy isn't putting up goals. One game he'll be the difference maker of old (2 years old....) the next he doesn't generate a good scoring chance until the 3rd period. Its such a weird season for him.

16 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

Ya that's the unfortunate piece of it. Our fanbase is ruthless right now though so I'm sure he's shakin' in his boots regardless.

Not gonna lie, I really doubt it. Hynes is too comfortable out there so I do think there is any real fear from GM down.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, nessus said:

As long as Hall doesn't sign, I don't think he's gone until close to the trade deadline. If he continues to put up points, his value will only go up. I don't think Hynes lasts that long.

His value goes down the closer you get to the trade deadline. The only way it goes up is if there is a bidding war. Teams will pay more to have him for 4 months + playoffs than to have him for 2.5 or whatever + playoffs. 

• Like 3

It should be Hynes first, But everything I hear about Ray is he holds on until off season. My money is on Hall before Christmas, as far as trades go I like Montreal as a trade partner Avs are also loaded with D just not sure what their cap is at. 

Even the 80's came to an end 😰 This can't last forever! Can it?

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

His value goes down the closer you get to the trade deadline. The only way it goes up is if there is a bidding war. Teams will pay more to have him for 4 months + playoffs than to have him for 2.5 or whatever + playoffs. 

What makes you think there won't be? Also, there are probably teams that aren't particularly interested at this point, but later in the season will decide they could use the help from Hall. That can drive the overall demand up. Teams really are paying for a playoff run. The 2.5 vs. 4 months beforehand likely make a marginal difference. In the case of him being rental, maybe it helps with the prospect of him re-signing, but who knows by how much.

59 minutes ago, Devs1965 said:

It should be Hynes first, But everything I hear about Ray is he holds on until off season. My money is on Hall before Christmas, as far as trades go I like Montreal as a trade partner Avs are also loaded with D just not sure what their cap is at. 

Even the 80's came to an end 😰 This can't last forever! Can it?

I even said while being at the game last night, I feel this team may be as bad as they were in the 80s.  Granted I didn’t become a devils fan until ‘92 but there’s no way they can be that far off from the teams of the 80’s.  Maybe they have more talent now but the production can’t be much different.

My dad also texted me last night that there was a shooting in Newark.  I responded with “I know, Devils were killed”

I then Googled “shooting in Newark” and the results page came back with “Showing results for Will the sun rise tomorrow?”

11 minutes ago, nessus said:

What makes you think there won't be? Also, there are probably teams that aren't particularly interested at this point, but later in the season will decide they could use the help from Hall. That can drive the overall demand up. Teams really are paying for a playoff run. The 2.5 vs. 4 months beforehand likely make a marginal difference. In the case of him being rental, maybe it helps with the prospect of him re-signing, but who knows by how much.

Any team in contention would want a Taylor Hall. He only has 2 goals, but he is a PPG player regardless already and has shown the knee injury hasn't slowed him down. Would you rather have an asset like Hall on your team for 20 games or 50 games? His base value is as high as it is going to get today because the team that gets him today is guaranteed to get him for the most games uninjured.

The longer the Devils wait, the less time he has to impact his new team, the better chance he will be injured as a Devil(which would be catastrophic for us), and the less value he has for Ray because team's know what the zero hour is for Shero. It is the trade deadline. If you wait until the zero hour teams know you have to take what you are going to get or watch him walk at the end of the year. There is no guarantee of a bidding war, so you play a dangerous game by waiting. You risk getting less return, getting stuck with a player that is going to walk July 1st, or worst of all he gets hurt and his value is near 0.