GDT - Devils @ Penguins 11/22/19 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

Take another crack at the gameday thread.

We really need a win tonight.  If this team can claw back to .500 I think some confidence could start brewing.  

We're on National TV (NHL Network) so here's hoping we don't get embarrassed.  Looks like it's going to be Blackwood against Tristan fvcking Jarry.  Still no Crosby for the Pens.  Let's take care of business Devils.

https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/1197549569162334209

I get the idea of putting Simmonds with Hughes but it really hasn't worked in practice so I don't understand why the hell the keep trying it. These line combos are the professional sports equivalent of throwing sh!t at a wall and seeing what sticks....20 games into the season!

Frustrating.

29 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I get the idea of putting Simmonds with Hughes but it really hasn't worked in practice so I don't understand why the hell the keep trying it. These line combos are the professional sports equivalent of throwing sh!t at a wall and seeing what sticks....20 games into the season!

Frustrating.

At least he's got the right guys on the roster this time with Tennyson, Rooney and Hayden scratched lol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Frustrating.

I like the idea of Hughes with Boqvist, let's see if it works well.

47 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I like the idea of Hughes with Boqvist, let's see if it works well.

Yea that is fine, what better way to match their speed than to put a guy like Simmonds on their line...right? My guess is the idea is that Hughs gets the puck in the zone then Simmonds wins the board battles and gets the kids the puck, hopefully with room to work. The thing is it hasn't worked yet.

Edited by NJDevils1214

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

5pts in his last 10 games and one of those the entire team was shutout. Idk if I'd call him asleep at the wheel. 

He’s on pace to have his worst season in 3 and he’s been mostly unnoticeable for at least 2/3 or our games. 

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s on pace to have his worst season in 3 and he’s been mostly unnoticeable for at least 2/3 or our games. 

The entire team is on pace to have the worst record since Hynes first year. They're all asleep at the wheel in that case, but we already know that because we all watch this sh!t night in and night out. There are plenty of guys out that that look more like traffic cones than Nico at this juncture.