NJDfan1711

GDT - Devils @ Penguins 11/22/19 7:00pm

It’s completely joyless. Starting tonight, I think I watch NXT Wargames and skip Detroit, it’s not worth me getting annoyed at another lost season. 

5 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is hard to watch. At least he cares. The atmosphere is like a funeral home. 

Honestly, the tone is like he's giving a eulogy. 

Here lies the 2019-2020 season

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is hard to watch. At least he cares. The atmosphere is like a funeral home. 

Honestly, the tone is like he's giving a eulogy. 

I'm sure they all care a great deal but as with many guys on this roster he's been a big part of the problem not the answer. Very disturbing for sure.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'm sure they all care a great deal but as with many guys on this roster he's been a big part of the problem not the answer. Very disturbing for sure.

The players have the skill. The staff is the real issue. Hynes has obviously lost the locker room and "The system" has failed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The players have the skill. The staff is the real issue. Hynes has obviously lost the locker room and "The system" has failed. 

I agree that the system is not working, obviously its not.. the question I am struggling with is how much of it is a flawed system or flawed players?

this team cant pass a fricking puck.. Ive rarely seen this many passes, either, deflected by a opponent's stick, miss the mark, passed to a player who is too well defended or just plain passed to an opponent.. thats on the players,, when it happens in the offensive zone it translates into odd man opportunities and it looks like the system is the culprit.

the other problem is shooting %  we are at a 0.082 as a team   when other top teams are at 10 to 11+.. most of that is Hall, PK, Simmonds and wood.. thats on the players.. team wise we are not being out-shot my a significant margin...

from a skating stand point we match up with the best, thats what shero based his philosophy on, I embraced it, but you need to be a hockey player on top of that skating ability.. 

• Like 1

Just now, EdgeControl said:

I agree that the system is not working, obviously its not.. the question I am struggling with is how much of it is a flawed system or flawed players?

this team cant pass a fricking puck.. Ive rarely seen this many passes, either, deflected by a opponent's stick, miss the mark, passed to a player who is too well defended or just plain passed to an opponent.. thats on the players,, when it happens in the offensive zone it translates into odd man opportunities and it looks like the system is the culprit.

the other problem is shooting %  we are at a 0.082 as a team   when other top teams are at 10 to 11+.. most of that is Hall, PK, Simmonds and wood.. thats on the players.. team wise we are not being out-shot my a significant margin...

from a skating stand point we match up with the best, thats what shero based his philosophy on, I embraced it, but you need to be a hockey player on top of that skating ability.. 

The players aren't playing to their potential but that's just an externality of repeated losing and an inept coaching staff. The skill is still there somewhere. They have no confidence-- no hope. Did you see the Zajac post-game? These guys are Hindenburg'd. They're one or two losses from literal rock bottom last in the league. The cliche/trite sh!t they were spewing earlier in the season loss after loss has run out and they're just deer in headlights. They don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. 

vintage disaster GIF

8 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

And other than Hughes we’re not even out skating anyone recently. I don’t get it. 

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

And other than Hughes we’re not even out skating anyone recently. I don’t get it. 

Not true, Miles Wood is still out skating everyone, including himself. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1