GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7PM

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating my parents’ 50th anniversary today and tonight.  Ordinarily I would take an occasional peek at my phone to check the score, but today is going to be a happy occasion, and I’d rather enjoy

Someone Just offered me tickets and I said I'll pass.

Another man of fine culture 👌. Welcome friend. Come suffer with us. 

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

They just showed Hynes expression behind the bench after the second goal....it literally looked like "Alright.  So I'm still not fired for at least one more day. "

I'm afraid he's not fired till April and possibly later

I guess scratching Zacha and Bratt was the answer after all!

4 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Any reason as to why you don't particularly like Boqvist? I've seen you make ''fun'' of him or making lowkey negative comments, not judging, really just curious. 

I’m not making fun of him, I’m making fun of the fact that people on this board constantly complain when he’s scratched, or talk about how great he is, while he’s done exactly nothing this season outside of the shootout. It’s nothing personal toward him. 

1 hour ago, eaglejelly said:

King Louis493f81f68abbe63a5a35673261e44a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

He could wear that after the game and still look less ridiculous than PK. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So tonight, STH had a chance to meet a “well known Devils’ player” following the game.

That player: Seeney.

you literally cannot make this sh!t up with this team.

Maybe they replaced Bratt or Zacha with him after the lineup came out...or it was gonna be Cory but you know :P

And where was this about STH getting to meet a player anyway?  I didn't get the memo, granted I had a prior commitment and sold my tickets weeks ago anyway but still.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not making fun of him, I’m making fun of the fact that people on this board constantly complain when he’s scratched, or talk about how great he is, while he’s done exactly nothing this season outside of the shootout. It’s nothing personal toward him. 

That's fair!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

That's fair!

He was the top prospect coming into the season behind Hughes. He made the team out of camp. He's played a total of  8 games in North America, only a few have even been consecutive. We bitch that he's scratched because he should be playing or they should have just sent him back to the Swedish elite league. They scratch him for guys like Rooney and Hayden. It's fvcking stupid. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He was the top prospect coming into the season behind Hughes. He made the team out of camp. He's played a total of  8 games in North America, only a few have even been consecutive. We bitch that he's scratched because he should be playing or they should have just sent him back to the Swedish elite league. They scratch him for guys like Rooney and Hayden. It's fvcking stupid. 

At least Rooney has one point.

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Oh yeah, I agree. Was just saying his point was fair, I feel the bitching is a bit much, but I would definitely like him to get more of an opportunity to get acclimated, I wasn't saying he shouldn't be playing lol.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Oh yeah, I agree. Was just saying his point was fair, I feel the bitching is a bit much, but I would definitely like him to get more of an opportunity to get acclimated, I wasn't saying he shouldn't be playing lol.

And I totally agree, there’s no point in having him here to not play. But some people are way over the top with the whining about it. 

• Like 1

Rooney had 1 lowsey point in 13 games played before he got hurt. He was playing consecutive games from the start of the season, not being inserted into the lineup then scratched for a week.

Rooney is 26 and has played almost 60 games in the NHL. Boqvist is like 21 and has played 8 games with this dog crap team and this dog crap coach. I don't know why we are even having this discussion. 

Last GDT Nico was asleep at the wheel. Didn't he get two more points tonight? Oh well, scratch him too. We can call up McLeod to center the top line instead lol. 

58 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So tonight, STH had a chance to meet a “well known Devils’ player” following the game.

That player: Seeney.

you literally cannot make this sh!t up with this team.

Some real false advertising there.

Probably Hall cancelled

23 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Celebrating my parents’ 50th anniversary today and tonight.  Ordinarily I would take an occasional peek at my phone to check the score, but today is going to be a happy occasion, and I’d rather enjoy myself and be in high spirits for the duration of such a monumental event.  So no score-checks.

Anyway, LGMFD.  

Party was a blast...great great time had by all.  My parents are good people and it shows, especially they’ve made lasting friendships with so many other good people through the years.

My cousin’s husband has season tickets (he’s about my age...they’ve been together since high school, so I’ve known him a long long time...he got into the Devils a few years ago, and just like I take my 11-year-old daughter to a lot of games, he takes his 14-year-old daughter to as many as he can), and he was there last night...so of course the subject of the Devils came up (pretty much instantly, heh heh).  Of course we touched upon many of the topics that are covered here, but it was a nice to have a win to chat about.  I wasn’t checking the score, but he was (he couldn’t resist), and when he told me 4-1, that’s when I allowed myself to start checking as well.  

Still keeping my damned fingers crossed that this season will somehow turn around...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

which is why he should get regular shifts & more ice time in the AHL> Boquist playing in Sweden does nothing to prepare him for NHL. That's not Hynes fault. We have smaller skill guys with no grit & lose board battles all the time or fall down. Putting Gusev w/ #19 & #20 good idea. Hopefully it'll help #97 w/ defensive part of his game.  

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Impressive crowd tonight. 

I gotta say, I'm no fan of Hynes, and I'd like him gone. But there were a few fans actively cheering for a loss tonight in the arena and I'll never understand that. Like they legit looked upset when we went up by 1

It's understandable because they believe  that by losing continually, Hynes will be fired. I'm of the mindset though that no matter how many games they lose, Hynes' job is absolutely secure. I think Shero is that committed to Hynes. So....

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I gotta say, I'm no fan of Hynes, and I'd like him gone. But there were a few fans actively cheering for a loss tonight in the arena and I'll never understand that. Like they legit looked upset when we went up by 1

I'm not saying I'd have done that myself...but I certainly understand it at this point especially after Hynes' lineup machinations before the game, then he couldn't wait to surreptitiously give himself a pat on the back via praising the fourth liners after the game as if that was the fvcking difference against a lousy team.  Watch them go on a run this week too with the Hynes lineup of jam, playing the Wild, an iffy Habs team then the Rangers.  Zacha really will wish he'd signed in the KHL.  And Bratt might be redundant but they aren't serving themselves well jerking him around either.  For a guy who hasn't won jacksh!t Hynes is pretty frigging arrogant.

Edited by NJDevs4978
7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Those people should stay home.

• Like 1