GDT: Wild @ Devils 11/26 7PM

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, he looks just like Miles fvcking Wood. When the team is bad some of you guys go off the deep end and say the dumbest sh!t. 

Got a win with my first GDT of the season so I’m starting the next one now so I don’t forget. Playing another bad team in the Wild, so hopefully we can put a couple wins together and maybe get somethi

Someone needs to tell Hall in advance that the crowd is booing Parise and not him. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’m unfortunately gonna be there too.  Stand up 10 minutes into the game and I’ll spot you, you’ll be the only other person wearing a devils jersey.  I’m probably not gonna wear one, don’t need people knowing I actually root for these fvcks.

I got guilt tripped into going, but at least am hoping to enjoy the pastrami on a pretzel roll at Edison Ale House.  

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Jack Hughes was hideously unimpressive in person, by the way. 

hes fast. Cool? So what. So is miles wood.

My early take too most of the time but he's young. Not the stud I was hoping for out of the gate. One guy on an endless list of shortcomings at this time. 

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The whiff on Makar & Heiskanen will go down as the biggest mistake in franchise history. 

Oh please. You need to get a grip. At least Nico is a really good player. Your boy Zacha was a far worse pick. 

• Like 3

I'm so burned out by this Schiano drama at Rutgers that I just don't have the emotional capacity to get upset about this team right now.

Another series of questionable roster decisions. Another game where half the team seemingly phoned it in. Another game where we looked outclassed by a (theoretically) inferior team. Another game where our star players don't really show up. Another loss.

It is what it is. This is Devils hockey now and it's fvcking tragic.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea, he looks just like Miles fvcking Wood. When the team is bad some of you guys go off the deep end and say the dumbest sh!t. 

I wish I could upvote this post more than once. I like most of the people here, including some of the one’s losing their sh!t right now, but ffs let’s please not make this place unbearable. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Oh please. You need to get a grip. At least Nico is a really good player. Your boy Zacha was a far worse pick. 

In fairness - Nico really doesn't look like a first overall pick.

He's certainly not a bust, but.. we didn't get the best player in the draft... Hell we may have gotten the 4th or 5th when all is said and done.

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

In fairness - Nico really doesn't look like a first overall pick.

He's certainly not a bust, but.. we didn't get the best player in the draft... Hell we may have gotten the 4th or 5th when all is said and done.

Would you like to through year by year and see how many times the #1OA was he absolute best player in that draft? Is Aaron Ekblad better than Leon Draisaitl? Is RNH better than Gabriel Landeskog or Mark Scheifele? Some of the best players of all time were not 1st picks. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

People whiff on picks outside the top-5 all the time.

nico is a fine player. I have a nico Jersey! I love that he was re signed. He’ll be a solid number 2ish center for us for a long time.

miro Heiskanen looks like Scott fvcking Niedermayer and Cale Makar looks even better. That’s a whiff. 

32 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I wasn’t at those games, and I didn’t say he looks just like miles wood. 

i was at the game tonight; and for every “hey, nice play Jack” there were three “oh holy sh!t what a terrible play by jack” moments. He looks fast, he has a weak shot with poor aim and he turns the puck over more than Hall (which is really, really hard to do this season). 

not saying he won’t get better. Just saying I got to see him in person for the first time and boy oh boy was I unimpressed 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

People whiff on picks outside the top-5 all the time.

nico is a fine player. I have a nico Jersey! I love that he was re signed. He’ll be a solid number 2ish center for us for a long time.

miro Heiskanen looks like Scott fvcking Niedermayer and Cale Makar looks even better. That’s a whiff. 

To me a whiff is passing on players like Rantanen and Barzal for a guy who can’t even stay in the lineup on a terrible team, or crack 30 points in a season. 

Not taking a bonafide top 6 center who might compete for Selke trophies some day. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

To me a whiff is passing on players like Rantanen and Barzal for a guy who can’t even stay in the lineup on a terrible team, or crack 30 points in a season. 

Not taking a bonafide top 6 center who might compete for Selke trophies some day. 

I’ve never once argued that drafting Zacha wasn’t a huge mistake with the benefit of hindsight. I also think you using Hynes coaching decisions against Pavel isn’t quite fair — it’s clear he’s one of the 6 or 7 best forwards on the team right now. 

the word “generational” is being thrown around about those two defenseman, though. That’s an oof. 

33 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wish I could upvote this post more than once. I like most of the people here, including some of the one’s losing their sh!t right now, but ffs let’s please not make this place unbearable. 

We're already there, and that's unfortunate because I always enjoyed how this place is a cut above regular social media and places like HF. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’ve never once argued that drafting Zacha wasn’t a huge mistake with the benefit of hindsight. I also think you using Hynes coaching decisions against Pavel isn’t quite fair — it’s clear he’s one of the 6 or 7 best forwards on the team right now. 

the word “generational” is being thrown around about those two defenseman, though. That’s an oof. 

Way too early for all of that. A couple years ago Dahlin was considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. They can’t all be generational lol

55 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The whiff on Makar & Heiskanen will go down as the biggest mistake in franchise history. 

Well that's easy to say in hindsight lol not a single scout had them in the top 2 of that draft.

If we're going to talk about legit mistakes... I'd pick not giving up a 30th first round pick in order to draft fvcking Matteau... Which got us a 30th pick in 2014 instead of a pick that could potentially have gotten us Larkin or Pastrnak.

Well those 2 guys are also cherry picked with hindsight... but i could throw a dart at the board there and still get a better player than Matteau and  Quenneville so.. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well that's easy to say in hindsight lol not a single scout had them in the top 2 of that draft.

If we're going to talk about legit mistakes... I'd pick not giving up a 30th first round pick in order to draft fvcking Matteau... Which got us a 30th pick in 2014 instead of a pick that could potentially have gotten us Larkin or Pastrnak.

Well those 2 guys are also cherry picked with hindsight... but i could throw a dart at the board there and still get a better player than Matteau and  Quenneville so.. 

Now that truly makes me sad. And I literally just defended Lou a couple times here over the past couple days...UGH

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't know until the post game radio show on the way home that the NHL messed up the video review and that the goal shouldn't have counted. Crazy how they can have that long of a review and still get the call wrong. 

Yeah, we should have lost 3-1 to a terrible team, playing a back-to-back, at home...

what more does Shero need to see? Hynes is clearly not the guy. 

• Like 3