A message to Ray Shero

Daniel

Like I said earlier in a post, do not show up for the games, sooner or later the management will feel the effect. Season ticket holders should be flooding the sales office with calls looking discounts or refunds. If you show up at the games, wear a clown mask, or even brown bags. Show them what a fvckin sh!t show this has been these past couple years. Just watch the game from home. A sh!tload of games of low attendance will start to hurt their pocket book. My friends were going to start a mutiny lol. Dont go to the games.

41 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Season ticket holders should be flooding the sales office with calls looking discounts or refunds. 

Would fall on deaf ears because the entry level season ticket rep has absolutely nothing to do with the hockey operations. It's not like they don't know the team is bad but when you sign up for season tickets it doesn't come with a gurantee that the team is going to be any good. There's no way anyone is getting a refund or a discount because the team is bad.. 

Come renewal time though they are obviously going to lose a good portion of season ticket holders. Shame too since quite a few new ones jumped in before this season and the players and coaches sh!t the bed. 

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Would fall on deaf ears because the entry level season ticket rep has absolutely nothing to do with the hockey operations. It's not like they don't know the team is bad but when you sign up for season tickets it doesn't come with a gurantee that the team is going to be any good. There's no way anyone is getting a refund or a discount because the team is bad.. 

It’s another stupid thing people say on the internet. Nobody is demanding nor receiving a refund on their season tickets. It doesn’t work that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Come renewal time though they are obviously going to lose a good portion of season ticket holders. Shame too since quite a few new ones jumped in before this season and the players and coaches sh!t the bed. 

Yeah if you're expecting a refund based on team performance, there's no basis for it.  You're not guaranteed results.  

Literally the only case I could ever make for a STH demanding a refund is when a team pulls a bait and switch and looks like they're competing in the offseason then starts liquidating at the end of camp and into the season (say the Miami Dolphins this year) but even then it's an occupational hazard of buying tickets for a sports team.

44 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah if you're expecting a refund based on team performance, there's no basis for it.  You're not guaranteed results.  

Literally the only case I could ever make for a STH demanding a refund is when a team pulls a bait and switch and looks like they're competing in the offseason then starts liquidating at the end of camp and into the season (say the Miami Dolphins this year) but even then it's an occupational hazard of buying tickets for a sports team.

I can’t imagine any team has ever done that. 

12 hours ago, Jerzey said:

It feels like Ray busted his ass all summer to build this team and then once the season started he went on vacation and hasn’t come back since. fvckin do something. One thing to let us know you’re still there.

Who sent Schneider down to the AHL and acquired another goalie?

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Daniel, you really did scour the world for dirt on shero.. that's digging deep, 

Well, it was my tweet and I just looked at who liked it.  

Otherwise, you don’t have to scour the world for dirt on Shero since it’s out in the open for all to see.

I really don’t think he can handle the whole job. I just don’t think he knows how to delegate but thinks he does.  HE can see how they’re best for their job but they aren’t fulfilling his vision.

He IS the disconnect. There is something he’s just not grasping about managing every aspect simultaneously. The details are not getting sorted.

I can garner the vision the big picture and from all angles.  But I can’t see that it’s really gelling.  I’m sure he can talk it through and you walk away satisfied and feeling focused but when you show up for work it’s probably just like OK I did all that and... I got nothin’. There it all is now why does it suck so bad?

1 minute ago, Pepperkorn said:

I really don’t think he can handle the whole job. I just don’t think he knows how to delegate but thinks he does.  HE can see how they’re best for their job but they aren’t fulfilling his vision.

He IS the disconnect. There is something he’s just not grasping about managing every aspect simultaneously. The details are not getting sorted.

I can garner the vision the big picture and from all angles.  But I can’t see that it’s really gelling.  I’m sure he can talk it through and you walk away satisfied and feeling focused but when you show up for work it’s probably just like OK I did all that and... I got nothin’. There it all is now why does it suck so bad?

I've come to accept that he's here for at least a little while longer.  And the very obvious fact that he's given up on the season has filled me with a surprising sense of calm that I didn't expect to have. 

At the very least, he can accumulate assets.  It's a big part of the job obviously, but there's more to it than that.  So let's hope he can maximize what he does well to help out his replacement or perhaps he might actually learn the other things he needs to do to build a winning hockey team. 

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

At the very least, he can accumulate assets.  It's a big part of the job obviously, but there's more to it than that.  So let's hope he can maximize what he does well to help out his replacement or perhaps he might actually learn the other things he needs to do to build a winning hockey team. 

Problem seems to be that he hasn't thought about maintaining any sort of a positive / winning culture surrounding the team while acquiring assets.

This team is filled with a bunch of career loser veterans (Greene, Zajac, Hall, Palmieri, Simmonds, Cory (RIP career)) and a bunch of kids who have no idea what it takes to win in the NHL.  Who's teaching the kids how to win?  Clearly not the coaching staff.

Like, take a team like the Bruins - I don't think it's a coincidence that a ton of their prospects turn out to be studs.  They're immediately immersed in a winning culture with a ton of veterans that know how to get it done in this league.  As a young guy, you either buy in or wash out.

You introduce a guy like Hughes to this lockerroom right now.. I worry about what he's learning right now.  I'm concerned he's going to pick up a lot of bad habits.

We've essentially become the Oilers, minus McDavid and Draisaitl.  fvck me.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think about Marty stepping up as GM if Shero can’t get things turned around by next year? He got some good experience in St. Louis as Assistant GM (or Assistan to the GM) and he apparently has been learning the business side of things shadowing Hugh Weber.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/sports/hockey/martin-brodeur-new-jersey-devils.amp.html

Honestly I know hiring former players in coaching roles hasn’t exactly worked out for us be I think this might actually be a pretty good fit.

Edited by Jerzey