GDT: Devils @ Canadiens, Turkey Day, 730 Eastern

jagknife

Just now, MB3 said:

I was just told ad nauseum “booing is an American thing, Canadians don’t do it.” 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Was making a joke based on "expected goals"...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

coleman with 4 pts?! 

He has 31 goals since the start of last season.  Guy is truly an overachiever. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

lots of goals today but at least we're paying our goalie 900k... they are paying theirs 15m lol

Well we’re paying one of our goalies 6 million to ride the bus in Bing, but yeah, that Price contract is horrendous. 

I greatly prefer a nice stress free lopsided victory, but if you like back and forth action, this one was for you. 

RECAP:

• Blackwood gave up 4, could’ve been 14. Strong game despite the score. 
  • Gusev was feeling it tonight, obviously. The Gusev pass to Zajac, and Travis picking it out of the air for the goal was terrific. 
  • Bratt was largely a spectator despite a TON of action in this game, and was facing the wrong direction as he missed his coverage on the 4th MTL goal. Definitely unimpressed with him lately. I did think Zacha bounced back nicely after the two healthy scratches. 
  • Coleman is a great player on a cheap contract. Another year left on his current deal and he deserves a nice raise on the next one.
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He has 31 goals since the start of last season.  Guy is truly an overachiever. 

That's kinda a harsh way to put it. 

I can think of few players on this team who put in such a consistent effort as Coleman night after night. He works hard and he gets rewarded with points. 

Great to see Goose putting on a show. The fake on that shot and the saucer pass to Zajac were beautiful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That's kinda a harsh way to put it. 

I can think of few players on this team who put in such a consistent effort as Coleman night after night. He works hard and he gets rewarded with points. 

Great to see Goose putting on a show. The fake on that shot and the saucer pass to Zajac were beautiful. 

This was meant to be a compliment.  Coleman works harder than anyone and gets the absolute most out of his ability.  In some ways, he reminds me of Randy McKay.  I love what Coleman brings.  

Speaking of points...Coleman now has 10 of them in his last 8 GP (6 G and 4 A).  He’s shooting 37.5% over those 10 games, which obviously won’t continue for long, but he’s probably the brightest spot so far this season.  Hall would probably kill for a burst like Coleman’s.

And at this point, Shero should call Wood and Coleman into his office, and say “How about I switch your guys’ contacts?  From now on I’ll pay you what I’m paying him, and vice versa?”

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Coleman-Gusev pairing and the success they're finding together is the unlikeliest partnership I would've imagined this season; it's kind of funny almost, like it should be a show from the 80s/90s: scrappy Texan with a highly skilled Russian player, and they don't understand a word the other is saying at all times; almost polar opposites of players... funny AF

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 5

I watched second half of the game.

We have one of the worst defenses ive ever seen.  A lot of it is fundamentals.

One play in particular stood out, Tennyson defending a guy in the devil's right end corner, skated along beside the guy and then let him easily cut into the front of the net. That can't ever happen in the NHL, and I'm sure coaching could fix that kind of stuff. Hynes and staff need to go or spend a tonne of time trying to fix this mess.

50 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Only number that’s down since he was scratched is his shooting% (and in a way that’s probably a good thing, in that if he keeps this up, he’ll hopefully start seeing more pucks go in soon).  Shots per game are up and even from the eye-test standpoint, he just looks far more comfortable.  Whatever Elias said to him, it was right.  

• Like 2