GDT: Devils vs Rangers, 30 Nov, Whatever time

jagknife

39 minutes ago, devlman said:

Please feel free to share those thoughts. If It’s on topic and not repeated ad nauseum then please go for it.

nahhh, i don't really have anything new to offer lol other than the locker room thing many people are already turning the corner and seeing / admitting what i was talking about when i was saying he was insanely overrated and overpaid big time. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To those like me who actually schlepped to the Rock to see that absolute abortion of a hockey game...suffice it to say that I'm every bit as pissed, frustrated, annoyed, you name it, as all of you.

Goddamn...I can't stand this fvcking team right now.  I know this rarely happens in the Real World, but in my Fantasy World, Ray meets Hynes and his merry band of complete fvcking idiots and fires them all on the spot.  Before another worthless Hynes postgame presser.

I've been extremely patient with Ray and that's partly because I know that the GM timetable doesn't usually correlate to the fan timetable, but after today Ray, what the hell else do you need to see?  Even if turns out that the roster is flawed or not quite as good as we'd hoped, you can't possibly make a case for Hynes & Co to still be here.  Those guys are bringing NOTHING to the table at this point.  NOTHING.  Patience is one thing...being passive to the point of what's starting to feel like indifference is something else.  OK, you did something about Cory, and that was a start for sure.  But this coach has had enough time (and now, some talent) to at least ice a team that doesn't look like such a discombobulated hot mess more often than not. 

I'm far from ready to go full Daniel on you, but goddammit man, show me SOMETHING.  Show that you at least realize that Hynes is not your long-term answer here.  Or short-term.  Or ANY term.  Get him the fvck outta here, NOW.

0321C869-5EEF-4A9D-82B7-7A72D565DF08.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I still find Hall’s heel turn to be epically fast. It’s quite amazing

Subban too, like Brett Favre with the Jets way back when the guy was one of my favorite players in the league before playing on my team, but now when he's actually on my team I can do nothing but roll my eyes at him.

Edited by NJDevs4978

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To those like me who actually schlepped to the Rock to see that absolute abortion of a hockey game...suffice it to say that I'm every bit as pissed, frustrated, annoyed, you name it, as all of you.

Goddamn...I can't stand this fvcking team right now.  I know this rarely happens in the Real World, but in my Fantasy World, Ray meets Hynes and his merry band of complete fvcking idiots and fires them all on the spot.  Before another worthless Hynes postgame presser.

I've been extremely patient with Ray and that's partly because I know that the GM timetable doesn't usually correlate to the fan timetable, but after today Ray, what the hell else do you need to see?  Even if turns out that the roster is flawed or not quite as good as we'd hoped, you can't possibly make a case for Hynes & Co to still be here.  Those guys are bringing NOTHING to the table at this point.  NOTHING.  Patience is one thing...being passive to the point of what's starting to feel like indifference is something else.  OK, you did something about Cory, and that was a start for sure.  But this coach has had enough time (and now, some talent) to at least ice a team that doesn't look like such a discombobulated hot mess more often than not. 

I'm far from ready to go full Daniel on you, but goddammit man, show me SOMETHING.  Show that you at least realize that Hynes is not your long-term answer here.  Or short-term.  Or ANY term.  Get him the fvck outta here, NOW.

Totally agree with this. Whether you like Hynes or not it's so obvious that he's unable to motivate the team in any way, shape or form that even Stevie Wonder could freakin' see it. Fire the assistants, fire the head coach or fire all of them but Mr Shero you absolutely have to do something.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

nahhh, i don't really have anything new to offer lol other than the locker room thing many people are already turning the corner and seeing / admitting what i was talking about when i was saying he was insanely overrated and overpaid big time. 

No one questioned you about him being overrated. They questioned you on the locker room cancer thing. There still hasn’t been any evidence of this so no, no one is seeing or admitting anything you’ve said about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Rags with a too many men penalty, but it doesn't even matter.  They score 3 minutes into the third, and again with a minute and a half left in the game on an empty netter.  Devils lose3-0.  I've seen this movie before.

So they scored three minutes into the third, and an empty netter with two and a half to play.  Only thing I didn't count on was them giving up another goal in between....shorthanded with a 5 minute major powerplay. 

This team is so predictable I was almost able to call it right down to the minute, yet they were able to do something do pathetically and embarrassingly bad that only they could do - you literally couldn't make this sh!t up.  

I am almost to the point where I don't think Shero pays close attention to this team and games...how could you watch what happened today and and be OK with it?  If Hynes isn't fired tomorrow then they've already thrown in the towel, but the bad part is I no longer believe they have that it takes to build a successful franchise.  Another #1 pick isn't going to help Shero if he doesn't fire this coach.  It no longer matters if there are no better candidates available on the market.  This team isn't playing for Hynes. Prior to today it was debatable if they were playing for him and just not executing, but now it's clear - they're not executing NOR playing for him.  There is one thing to be done which needs to be done now - not tomorrow, not next month, now - and if Shero doesn't see it, or does, sees it but doesn't do it, then he needs to go to.  I care too much about my team to blindly let one individual, be it a player, coach, GM, or even owner, drag this team down and watch them burn in flames.  We all cheer for the logo and the name. And we deserve more. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Totally agree with this. Whether you like Hynes or not it's so obvious that he's unable to motivate the team in any way, shape or form that even Stevie Wonder could freakin' see it. Fire the assistants, fire the head coach or fire all of them but Mr Shero you absolutely have to do something.

There's just been too many Rock Bottoms this year.  When is enough enough?  When does it end?  To me this loss and the WAY they lost...that's it.  Hynes shouldn't be allowed in the building tomorrow.  I've been consistently attending 5 to 20 (sometimes even a little more) Devils games since 1987 (year I got my license), and though I've seen my share of bad losses, what I saw today ranks in my Top 5 worst.  I'm not kidding.  I was commiserating with another fan (cool dude, wish I'd gotten his name) about what a mess this team is, and how we can't believe that Hynes is still here. 

BTW on another note...there were a few "Fire Hynes!" chants going, but I'd say only one of them really had any steam...the others were either too disjointed or simply didn't have enough participants.  My daughter asked me when we might go to another game, and I flat out told her "I don't really know honey."  It's starting to almost feel wrong to just keep forking over money as though I just blindly support the product no matter what.  I used to laugh at Ranger fans who did that very same thing in the late 90s-early 00s, when they were loaded with mercs who were clearly happy cashing paychecks.  Not saying that the Devils are loaded with those kinds of players, but this is really not a remotely entertaining team to watch most nights right now.

And wow does it look like the Devils got fvcking PK Subban at the worst possible time.  His best days are behind him and now he's Mr. Lindsey with millions in the bank already and many more coming to him.  I usually don't go down this road with players and I probably shouldn't do it now, but suffice it to say I can see him being complacent to the point where his on-ice performance isn't something that's bothering him all that much that these days. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

No one questioned you about him being overrated. They questioned you on the locker room cancer thing. There still hasn’t been any evidence of this so no, no one is seeing or admitting anything you’ve said about it.

I figured if things went badly there would be rumblings about him, but so far nothing, not even from the Canadian writers.  I have a very hard time believing he turned into a replacement level defenseman all the sudden because everyone on our defense looks like that.

I am unwilling to make any judgments on the players until and if Hynes is ever fired.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 3

Another game I’ll be deleting off the DVR without even watching.

Hughes out injured, shutout by the Rags at home...this season has officially hit rock bottom. And DET will end up getting Lafrenière after we trade Hall for peanuts at the deadline. I hate sports right now. 

Edited by Nicomo

56 minutes ago, devlman said:

oh the whole turnover machine, bad decision, bad positioning and trying to be too slashy too often as certainly been brought up lol

Today was the first time I straight up didn't even try to watch, I went about my day without a care that they were playing the Rangers. The Devils mgmt has to realize that if nothing changes once the holidays are over attendance is going to plummet. Hynes and his coaching staff just can't get this team going anymore, what is the point of sticking with them? Hall obviously isnt' re-signing here, trade him and let his buddy Hynes find an AHL (sucker) team already.

• Like 2

Last year I moved to a town that's not far from the arena. After this offseason I was so excited to get a little 13 game plan since I wasn't an hour and a half away any more and now i just feel like a sucker. I wasn't expecting playoffs or anything but i thought they'd at least be entertaining....

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Last year I moved to a town that's not far from the arena. After this offseason I was so excited to get a little 13 game plan since I wasn't an hour and a half away any more and now i just feel like sucker. I wasn't expecting playoffs or anything but i thought they'd at least be entertaining....

I have the same sentiment, why the hell isn't this team entertaining? All this new talent was on-boarded and I feel like last year had more fun games.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Again, you ain’t “right” unless firing him works. If we fire him and we still suck, then you were wrong. 

He wasn’t right when he wanted him fired during a season they overachieved and made the playoffs either. If we’re going to kill Hynes now for all of our players sucking he has to at least get some credit for Hall’s breakout year. 

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Last year I moved to a town that's not far from the arena. After this offseason I was so excited to get a little 13 game plan since I wasn't an hour and a half away any more and now i just feel like sucker. I wasn't expecting playoffs or anything but i thought they'd at least be entertaining....

Yep , cannot understand how they aren't even fun to watch. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I have the same sentiment, why the hell isn't this team entertaining? All this new talent was on-boarded and I feel like last year had more fun games.

Honestly at this point, they're leaving the goalies high and dry half the time anyway. They might as well let the creative players run and gun. It feels like they haven't adjusted a thing