GDT: Devils vs Rangers, 30 Nov, Whatever time

jagknife

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The fact that all the potential replacements within the organization suck too is also Ray’s fault.

This is a good point. And I’ve been annoyed by you recently 😬 I think a head coach needs to be also in the business of grooming future coaches—and I just don’t see that here either. 

And you don’t need to have a replacement to know this staff is not working. That’s what interim is for. You can go find an interim somewhere while you evaluate. Noel, Horacheck, Fitz, even Dennehy can hold it down. Lou himself would go behind the bench if he didn’t like the options, I’m all for Ray doing the same- with someone like Patrik and Salvador as assistants. John Madden is out there, Marty is in the office, Holik is out there to help. We have a lot of smart alumni who can help this team, there are options. Again- interim. Let’s see what’s happening. What I know is this team stinks with Hynes, rock bottom- time for a new voice and fresh start. 

5 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

This is a good point. And I’ve been annoyed by you recently 😬 I think a head coach needs to be also in the business of grooming future coaches—and I just don’t see that here either. 

And you don’t need to have a replacement to know this staff is not working. That’s what interim is for. You can go find an interim somewhere while you evaluate. Noel, Horacheck, Fitz, even Dennehy can hold it down. Lou himself would go behind the bench if he didn’t like the options, I’m all for Ray doing the same- with someone like Patrik and Salvador as assistants. John Madden is out there, Marty is in the office, Holik is out there to help. We have a lot of smart alumni who can help this team, there are options. Again- interim. Let’s see what’s happening. What I know is this team stinks with Hynes, rock bottom- time for a new voice and fresh start. 

What other evidence does one need to show Shero does not believe coaching matters. 

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If only Nico was awful that'd be one thing.  Pretty much the whole team is frigging awful, vets included starting with Subban who hasn't had a POINT in a month.  I can't draw conclusions on any individual player until they do what needs to be done with this joke of a staff.

I'm with you on the younger guys for now but not with PK. The guy is in the fast lane on the downside of his career. It makes me dizzy to know he's the 3rd highest paid defensemen in the league. He may have a highlight here or there the rest of the way but he's nothing like what Ray thought he was getting night in and night out. 

As for the young guys the pass is based on age and the sh!t show this has become. I have doubts about a couple but I'll put them on hold. 

59 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

wonder if vats is a goner. he's one guy who seems to like it here. 

Stop wondering, he’s gone. 

Unless there’s an unforeseen extension, he has to be moved at the trade deadline, you can’t just give up that kind of asset. And that whole “we can trade him and then re-sign him after” thing never works. 

29 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

and what is this that we have now? id take toxic over garbage.

Toxic in a different way, like he’ll be a distraction no matter how competent he is.  It stinks that it results in John Hynes still being employed, but as much as I think Shero destroys this franchise each day he doesn’t get it through his spray on hair that having good coaches matters, Babcock can’t be the replacement right now.

8 minutes ago, PacificDevil said:

Babcock would be worse - this team right now needs a babysitter who’s going to feel sorry for them first - like Lemaire was in 2010

I can only imagine the outrage when Babcock criticizes, or god for bid sits an underperforming kid or fan fave. Would be kinda fun to sit back and watch.  He's a hardass, pompous A-type  personality that would bring the tears.  I think his time has come and gone in the league as a coach but he's not Hynes so he has that going for him. Personally I don't want someone here to coddle anybody but more like someone down the middle. Babysitters need not apply either.

20 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Brooks don't not like the Devils. Good column, something someone who doesn't cover the team day to day, easier to write this. Although - he does write this kind of stuff for Rangers if need be.

It’s better than she-who-won’t-be-named that mocks the fans for trying to chant Fire Hynes. Or Chris “softball questions” Ryan.