GDT: Devils vs Rangers, 30 Nov, Whatever time

jagknife

52 minutes ago, Daniel said:

GM with a history of failure refuses to fire an incompetent coach and will be trading Taylor Hall for pennies on the dollar, but I’m the problem?  

You've been sh!tting on the guy non-stop no matter what he does for months. I don't even need to remind anyone of all the stupid sh!t you said about him "not doing anything" just to see him make some of the best moves of the offseason and make you look like a dumbass. If you can't realize how much of a sh!tty situation Ray was put in and if your expectations were not as delusional as they are you wouldn't be this annoying.

It's one thing to criticize someone based on what they do but all you do is sh!t on him, make sh!t up about him and his intentions and and say he sucks and can't do the job. EVERYONE was happy about his moves  this summer. EVERYONE.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

You've been sh!tting on the guy non-stop no matter what he does for months. I don't even need to remind anyone of all the stupid sh!t you said about him "not doing anything" just to see him make some of the best moves of the offseason and make you look like a dumbass. If you can't realize how much of a sh!tty situation Ray was put in and if your expectations were not as delusional as they are you wouldn't be this annoying.

It's one thing to criticize someone based on what they do but all you do is sh!t on him, make sh!t up about him and his intentions and and say he sucks and can't do the job. EVERYONE was happy about his moves  this summer. EVERYONE.

I jumped for joy in late June, literally jumped for joy on day 2 of the draft.

That being said, if he doesn’t fire Hynes, I want him gone too. It’ll show he’s as much of a problem then.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I jumped for joy in late June, literally jumped for joy on day 2 of the draft.

That being said, if he doesn’t fire Hynes, I want him gone too. It’ll show he’s as much of a problem then.

I can only fault Shero for 2 things so far since he's been here. Didn't re-sign Hall before the season started which is something he literally never did before. But i guess the situation made it that he had to do an exception there, so even if I fault him for that. Most do not. Then waiting too long to fire Hynes. Just like Lou waited too long to fire McLean.

Other than that he did a phenomenal job with what he did based on what he started with. He made many moves that sped up the process quite a bit.

Also a GM can only do so much, all he can possibly do is build stuff that looks good on paper. Then it's on the players and coaches to execute. He certainly built a team on paper that should be better than it is now.

Also it's easy to say that you should just fire your coach but you need to have a good replacement and I'm not sure if that's available right now. Again as fans we just want "something done" just like many clueless fans just wanted him to throw a 7 years contracts to random UFAs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I can only fault Shero for 2 things so far since he's been here. Didn't re-sign Hall before the season started which is something he literally never did before. But i guess the situation made it that he had to do an exception there, so even if I fault him for that. Most do not. Then waiting too long to fire Hynes. Just like Lou waited too long to fire McLean.

Other than that he did a phenomenal job with what he did based on what he started with. He made many moves that sped up the process quite a bit.

Also a GM can only do so much, all he can possibly do is build stuff that looks good on paper. Then it's on the players and coaches to execute. He certainly built a team on paper that should be better than it is now.

Also it's easy to say that you should just fire your coach but you need to have a good replacement and I'm not sure if that's available right now. Again as fans we just want "something done" just like many clueless fans just wanted him to throw a 7 years contracts to random UFAs. 

I agree with you on most of this. As far as a replacement for Hynes there doesn't need to be a long term answer right now. He has to get an interim coaching staff in that'll motivate the players and give them some self belief & restore pride in the whole franchise. Not to do so would be negligent imo. The search for a long term replacement can take until the off season .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I agree with you on most of this. As far as a replacement for Hynes there doesn't need to be a long term answer right now. He has to get an interim coaching staff in that'll motivate the players and give them some self belief & restore pride in the whole franchise. Not to do so would be negligent imo. The search for a long term replacement can take until the off season .

Yeah i just wonder what's going on.

You can only look at history and see if there's a pattern. 

The Hall thing is 200% against how he ever did anything, so that tells me that something was up. He had a perfect record until now.

The firing the coach he did stick too long with Bylsma in Pittsburgh. So that can be put on him or can at least hold water in an argument.

As far as him building a good team on paper and paying the price for the team not delivering is something else, when he was fired from pittsburgh i always said it wasn't fair to him.

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I can only fault Shero for 2 things so far since he's been here. Didn't re-sign Hall before the season started which is something he literally never did before.

Then waiting too long to fire Hynes. 

Wow, I expected PK to be one of the two..,

Not trading Hall before the season...can’t say I agree. If this team came out rolling and all of the summer moves we were so happy about were clicking and we were playoff bound, I would be happy that we didn’t trade Hall. 

Hindsight being what it is, of course now it should’ve been done. 

Also, you can’t say “waiting too long to fire Hynes”, because he hasn’t been fired. For “not firing Hynes” is more appropriate. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow, I expected PK to be one of the two..,

Not trading Hall before the season...can’t say I agree. If this team came out rolling and all of the summer moves we were so happy about were clicking and we were playoff bound, I would be happy that we didn’t trade Hall. 

Hindsight being what it is, of course now it should’ve been done. 

Also, you can’t say “waiting too long to fire Hynes”, because he hasn’t been fired. For “not firing Hynes” is more appropriate. 

Well on paper PK could have been a good move. I at least tried to be hopeful that he was better than i thought he was.

The whole UFA handling thing is just how I see things. That was my biggest gripe with Lou as everyone here knows. But THAT was my problem, how it was handled, not who was handling it. It's showing now that im calling out Shero (who i'm the biggest fan here) just as much as i was calling out Lou. At least im consistent lol 

I was never blindly hating Lou and literally making sh!t up like Daniel is doing with Ray at the moment saying ray is failing on purpose or wtv, it's beyond pathetic. I just systematically didnt agree with the way he did some things.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I’m not trying to discredit anything Ray has done, such as rebuilding our trash pile of a farm system or bringing in value players, and you’ve addressed most of that in the most recent two posts of yours, but as you said his job is to build a team that should be good on paper at a minimum. He waited too long on Bylsma and that should have his one “oh I probably shouldn’t do that again” moment. The longer Hynes has to screw this team, and it’s development, up though, shows Ray isn’t looking at the big picture and certainly doesn’t learn from past mistakes. Nothing Hynes has done has lead me to believe he can get young guys to take the next step, nor do his lineup decisions make any goddamn sense to me outside of a possible analytics correlation, but I haven’t dedicated time to understanding them, yet.

Why I’m souring on Ray is, again, we’re seen this bullsh!t story before so if he’s either too stubborn or to cocky to ignore the blazing fire around him, he needs to go

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m not trying to discredit anything Ray has done, such as rebuilding our trash pile of a farm system or bringing in value players, and you’ve addressed most of that in the most recent two posts of yours, but as you said his job is to build a team that should be good on paper at a minimum. He waited too long on Bylsma and that should have his one “oh I probably shouldn’t do that again” moment. The longer Hynes has to screw this team, and it’s development, up though, shows Ray isn’t looking at the big picture and certainly doesn’t learn from past mistakes. Nothing Hynes has done has lead me to believe he can get young guys to take the next step, nor do his lineup decisions make any goddamn sense to me outside of a possible analytics correlation, but I haven’t dedicated time to understanding them, yet.

Why I’m souring on Ray is, again, we’re seen this bullsh!t story before so if he’s either too stubborn or to cocky to ignore the blazing fire around him, he needs to go

I'd love to give some context.

Right now some want him fired cause he's not firing a coach soon enough and maybe for the hall thing?

Who here wanted Lou fired on Dec 1 2010 when John MacLean was a disaster? Who wanted Lou fired after not firing Conte after decades of terrible drafting, which resulted in stripping our pipeline completely up until this day? Who wanted Lou fired after letting god knows how many top UFA walk for nothing?

Now we have a guy who inherited an absolute garbage team with no assets to play with. Goes and builds an actual NHL rosters with prospected in the pipeline within 4-5 years. Make the playoffs on the 3rd year actually. And we want him fired on his first strike? lol cmon now.

Lou fired MacLean on December 23rd 2010.

Really lets not forget who really didn't learn from past mistakes and got the franchise as low as we were in 2015.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Right now some want him fired cause he's not firing a coach soon enough and maybe for the hall thing?

Who here wanted Lou fired on Dec 1 2010 when John MacLean was a disaster? Who wanted Lou fired after not firing Conte after decades of terrible drafting, which resulted in stripping our pipeline completely up until this day? Who wanted Lou fired after letting god knows how many top UFA walk for nothing?

Now we have a guy who inherited an absolute garbage team with no assets to play with. Goes and builds an actual NHL rosters with prospected in the pipeline within 4-5 years. Make the playoffs on the 3rd year actually. And we want him fired on his first strike? lol cmon now.

Lou fired MacLean, hired a good coach the next season that went to the Cup finals.  Lou also won 3 Stanley Cups and built a consistent winner over the years.   There is only one GM during the same time period that did anything similar.   Lou has also helped turn an Islanders team that many figured would be left for dead into one of the best teams in the league (if we're going on wins and losses and not fake stuff some people here like to throw in).

Ray Shero got fired in Pittsburgh because he wouldn't fire his buddy and only won based on what he inherited.  Here, the coaching staff that he has assembled has had no prior NHL coaching experience and the so called amazing personnel moves he made are all playing below their potential.  Even the drafting is nothing special when you consider where the Devils have picked since Shero got here and the number of picks the team has ahad.

Lou was not not perfect and he frustrated all of us from time to time over many things.  Patriot fans get annoyed at Bill Belichick over the same kind of things.  But claiming some sort of prescience over Lou in support of some claim that Ray Shero should continue to be given the benefit of the doubt no matter how poor the actual results are is not the own you think it is. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Lou fired MacLean, hired a good coach the next season that went to the Cup finals.  Lou also won 3 Stanley Cups and built a consistent winner over the years.   There is only one GM during the same time period that did anything similar.   Lou has also helped turn an Islanders team that many figured would be left for dead into one of the best teams in the league (if we're going on wins and losses and not fake stuff some people here like to throw in).

Ray Shero got fired in Pittsburgh because he wouldn't fire his buddy and only won based on what he inherited.  Here, the coaching staff that he has assembled has had no prior NHL coaching experience and the so called amazing personnel moves he made are all playing below their potential.  Even the drafting is nothing special when you consider where the Devils have picked since Shero got here and the number of picks the team has ahad.

Lou was not not perfect and he frustrated all of us from time to time over many things.  Patriot fans get annoyed at Bill Belichick over the same kind of things.  But claiming some sort of prescience over Lou in support of some claim that Ray Shero should continue to be given the benefit of the doubt no matter how poor the actual results are is not the own you think it is. 

Shero fired Therrien who was 2 wins from winning the cup the year before and hired Bylsma who won the cup in his first NHL season and won the jack adam. All while Crosby and Malkin (the talent he inherited) were injured most of the season.

Why are you not bringing this up? Oh right. It'd crush your dumb argument right?

The truth is you just became frustrated with Ray cause he wouldn't sign some random free agents 2 summers ago and saw it as him "doing nothing" and you started to hate on him since. He already proved you wrong more than once after all your non-sense

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Shero fired Therrien who was 2 wins from winning the cup the year before and hired Bylsma who won the cup in his first NHL season and won the jack adam.

Why are you not bringing this up? 

The truth is you just became frustrated with Ray cause he wouldn't sign some random free agents 2 summers ago and saw it as him "doing nothing" and you started to hate on him since. He already proved you wrong more than once after all your non-sense

Shero fired Therrien because he wasn't his guy.  He stuck with Bylsma because he was his guy,.  We're seeing the same thing here.

Shero is a loser who puts his faith in losers like himself.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Shero fired Therrien because he wasn't his guy.  He stuck with Bylsma because he was his guy,.  We're seeing the same thing here.

Shero is a loser who puts his faith in losers like himself.

then why did he re-sign Therrien in 2007 ?

And again remind me how Shero only got success because of Crosby and Malkin but they were injured for most of the season the year they won the cup and that bylsma won the jack adam? 

are you even trying to make sense? Or you just enjoy being a bitch here and be as negative as you possibly can even if you make no sense at all?

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

And again remind me how Shero only got success because of Crosby and Malkin but they were injured for most of the season the year they won the cup and that bylsma won the jack adam? 

Do you even realize how insanely biased you are? 

I'm very biased against the Devils sucking and the people directly responsible for the Devils sucking; you know, the people who are actually in charge of the organization.  Guilty as charged.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

are you even trying to make sense? Or you just enjoy being a bitch here and be as negative as you possibly can even if you make no sense at all?

Stop making perfect sense, man. Lol.

• Like 1

I really don't care what happened in Pittsburgh. 

I've been ok with Ray but what's going on here is now 4 out of his 5 seasons here with no playoffs and in the one year that we made it we had 1 win when we barely made the playoffs. 

Add that to him sticking with this horrible coaching staff for far too long and it's clear why people are starting to turn on him. 

I've frankly had enough myself and if Ray doesn't want to change this then he can kick rocks too. 

What's the worst that can happen if Shero leaves too? We have another half decade of being one of the worst teams in the league? Lol we literally can't be much worse than we are now. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I've been ok with Ray but what's going on here is now 4 out of his 5 seasons here with no playoffs and in the one year that we made it we had 1 win when we barely made the playoffs. 

Add that to him sticking with this horrible coaching staff for far too long and it's clear why people are starting to turn on him. 

I've frankly had enough myself and if Ray doesn't want to change this then he can kick rocks too. 

What's the worst that can happen if Shero leaves too? We have another half decade of being one of the worst times in the league? Lol we literally can't be much worse than we are now. 

I bring up what Ray did (or more precisely did not) do Pittsburgh because if he had some track record of success that was the result of anything he did, I'd give him more slack.  But that's not what happened as he inherited two generational talents that he rode to exactly one Cup. 

And ffs about Shero "re-signing" Therrien as evidence against what anyone with two fucntioning eyes actually sees.  Shero did not promote Therrien from the AHL, and gave him an extension like virtually every GM does to avoid a lame duck coaching situation.  He fired him so he could promote his own guy who he stuck with until he got fired for it, Bylsma later got fired, and Pittsburgh went on to have more success without both of them and despite Crosby and Malkin being older and being oft injured. 

Coaching matters and should not be viewed as almost patronage for your friends the way Shero views it.  There is no other explanation for the coaching situation now except for Ray's incompetence.  None and people stop embarassing themselves by pretending otherwise.

The buck stops here.  Or sometimes it doesn't in this organization.

Edited by Daniel

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What's the worst that can happen if Shero leaves too? We have another half decade of being one of the worst teams in the league? Lol we literally can't be much worse than we are now. 

This is so incredibly unfair to pin that on him. 

He started in 2015 with possibly the worst NHL roster in history and no assets or prospects. He didn't even have ONE top player to build around. Did you expect us to make the playoff in 2015? 2016 or 2017? it was even a miracle that we made it that one year. And why did we make it? Because the guy who Shero stole from the Oilers had a career year. 

How fast do you think it takes to take a team like that and build a contender? What he built so far is borderline a miracle and we got lucky to win the lottery twice.

The fact that so many fans simply cannot understand this is mindblowing.

Edited by SterioDesign

52 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Really lets not forget who really didn't learn from past mistakes and got the franchise as low as we were in 2015.

I’m not going through your banter with Daniel, so only referencing this post: I’m not going through my own post history but I can say I wanted Mac gone as fast in 2010 as Hynes. If not, it’s cause Mac was new and not the same idiot I’ve bitched about nearly all 4+ years he’s been here. Lineups or not, coaches need to get the most from their players, he doesn’t do sh!t in that regard anymore.

I’m pissed off at Ray cause he is letting this happen. He doesn’t need the perfect answer right now, he needs an answer, and inactivity is an unacceptable solution for me. Sitting on his hands, with all of the wonderful things he’s done, says he’s as lost as the mouth breathing DBA to me. I know it isn’t the case, but this was widely accepted as their show me season, and it’s going horrendously poorly.

I’m also not going to give him as much of a benefit of the doubt as Lou cause he hasn’t earned it and, you can also blame Lou for why I’m bitter. We suffered through him hitting us for one last shot at glory, then no playoffs, then Conte, then he got fired, Then Ray started the rebuild, then teased us with the playoffs, then went for glory this summer, now we sit at the bottom of the pack, yet. again.

Ray earned his contract, he deserved his extension.

John Hynes has earned a pink slip and a spot on the corner, huddled under tattered clothing begging for money and work.

The problem is, Ray is turning a blind eye to it. And that is a major problem.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

LOLWUT...Malkin played all 106 games in the 2008-09 regular season and playoffs, and Crosby played 101 including every playoff game.  The previous regular season when they got to the Finals Malkin also played every single game, Crosby missed 29 in the regular season but played every playoff game.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is so incredibly unfair to pin that on him. 

He started in 2015 with possibly the worst NHL roster in history and no assets or prospects. He didn't even have ONE top player to build around. Did you expect us to make the playoff in 2015? 2016 or 2017? it was even a miracle that we made it that one year. And why did we make it? Because the guy who Shero stole from the Oilers had a career year. 

How fast do you think it takes to take a team like that and build a contender? What he built so far is borderline a miracle and we got lucky to win the lottery twice.

The fact that so many fans simply cannot understand this is mindblowing.

Like I said I haven't had any major issues with Ray until this year when he has refused to get rid of this coaching staff so far. I'm at the point where I just don't care if Ray stays or goes anymore. We haven't been good with him and we really can't be that much worse without him. 

Even if you take out his first 3 seasons here we finished last in the division last season and are on pace to do so again this year.

• Like 1