GDT - Devils @ Sabres 12/2/19 7:00 PM

NJDfan1711

Boqvist has played well and has earned it. I'm happy for him. Similar to Gusev, he has figured out how to contribute and is now starting to make a positive impact. I'm not hating these lines.

Also, Hall will still get plenty of time. He'll be on for the majority of each power play and probably will get double shifted if for some reason Hynes doesn't do his signature DBA line shuffle halfway through the game.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is the lineup that screams ‘I’M OUT OF IDEAS RAY. FIRE ME.’

To be fair, the Zajac line has been slightly solid (compare to others one... this line was spectacular ! ) 
Hall & Bratt got some history in the past so it's not out of blue... Plus Zacha with talent alongside isn't that bad
Boqvist is player better sincer few games before his first goal 

This is not the worst lineup he put on paper. 
One of the problem is that he will shuffle all this after 3mn

I mean honestly. Not defending Hynes but...

if he sticks with his lines and we lose..

Fans: fvcking Hynes, lines are clearly not working and he's not doing anything about it!!!

Then if he changes the lines, which is all he can really do...

Fans: fvcking Hynes keep shuffling the lines, how are players supposed to develop any chemistry?!?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean honestly. Not defending Hynes but...

if he sticks with his lines and we lose..

Fans: fvcking Hynes, lines are clearly not working and he's not doing anything about it!!!

Then if he changes the lines, which is all he can really do...

Fans: fvcking Hynes keep shuffling the lines, how are players supposed to develop any chemistry?!?

Is it so much to ask to have something in the middle of those?  A little balance and consistency?  I mean, I feel like there's a pretty big difference between "always changes the lines" and "never changes a damn thing", but that's just me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Is it so much to ask to have something in the middle of those?  A little balance and consistency?  I mean, I feel like there's a pretty big difference between "always changes the lines" and "never changes a damn thing", but that's just me.

Well ideally yeah there's a perfect middle ground lol but that's not what we're seeing reading this forum haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well ideally yeah there's a perfect middle ground lol but that's not what we're seeing reading this forum haha

Actually there have been multiple times that we had lineups where the massive consensus was "finally, fvcking lines we like" only for DBA twenty to thirty minutes into the game go "haha fvck you all, you get more dumb decisions, we need to see who can play together, we need chemistry from everyone" and then the team gets sh!t on. We've gone into two, maybe three games with the exact same lineup as the night before, players and lines.

We've talked before, and debated, both in the forums and direct messages, I respect you, but holy sh!t you're as toxic lately as the people you constantly call out. There is literally no need for this mightier than thou approach or stirring the pot for the sake of stirring it.

You want to see consistency from the forum? Wait until the day we fire Hynes, we will all unite like the Whos down in Whoville singing at the top of our lungs

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

LGD. I don't mind the line shuffle

Same. Been watching more and more games around NHL and more teams than not are constantly shuffling lines throughout games. That isn't just a Hynes thing although he sucks at it - more like deck chairs on the titanic here. 

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Actually there have been multiple times that we had lineups where the massive consensus was "finally, fvcking lines we like" only for DBA twenty to thirty minutes into the game go "haha fvck you all, you get more dumb decisions, we need to see who can play together, we need chemistry from everyone" and then the team gets sh!t on. We've gone into two, maybe three games with the exact same lineup as the night before, players and lines.

We've talked before, and debated, both in the forums and direct messages, I respect you, but holy sh!t you're as toxic lately as the people you constantly call out. There is literally no need for this mightier than thou approach or stirring the pot for the sake of stirring it.

You want to see consistency from the forum? Wait until the day we fire Hynes, we will all unite like the Whos down in Whoville singing at the top of our lungs

Listen i understand the frustration, i'm also frustrated and voicing that Hynes should go, Shero should have traded Hall in the summer and all that crap.

But if you see one of your friend being depressed and only focusing on the negative stuff. What's your plan? Tell him he's right and that his life is a waste and give him a handgun? Or you're going to try to point out ways for him to see things so that it doesn't appear as bad as it is? 

Call me toxic if you want but i'm just trying to stay positive and encourage people not to focus as much on the negatives. When you only focus on negative sh!t you just can't see the big picture at times and common sense goes out the window. And when a whole group is "infected" like that, that's what's toxic.

I truly don't understand the whole "No shut up with your common sense that may calm me, I WANT to be miserable and pissed off"

I'd rather be toxic trying to bring positivity than being toxic like Daniel just making everything look worst than it actually is.

34 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Listen i understand the frustration, i'm also frustrated and voicing that Hynes should go, Shero should have traded Hall in the summer and all that crap.

But if you see one of your friend being depressed and only focusing on the negative stuff. What's your plan? Tell him he's right and that his life is a waste and give him a handgun? Or you're going to try to point out ways for him to see things so that it doesn't appear as bad as it is? 

Call me toxic if you want but i'm just trying to stay positive and encourage people not to focus as much on the negatives. When you only focus on negative sh!t you just can't see the big picture at times and common sense goes out the window. And when a whole group is "infected" like that, that's what's toxic.

I truly don't understand the whole "No shut up with your common sense that may calm me, I WANT to be miserable and pissed off"

I'd rather be toxic trying to bring positivity than being toxic like Daniel just making everything look worst than it actually is.

But you’re not trying to be positive, you’re attacking people for airing their grievances with this team. And your logic isn’t as waterproof as people have pointed out in other discussions.

If you’re going to bring depression and talk how pitching sunshine is the only correct course of action, we can discuss that in a private discussion, cause as you and many others are well aware of, I take mental health extremely personally and hold that close to the chest.

No one is asking you to take up torches and pitchforks and blow the doors off Hynes day in and day out, but to meet any argument with this idea of “you don’t know what you’re talking about. Here I will explain to you why you are wrong, cause clearly you aren’t smart” is going to piss people off and only toss gasoline on the already volatile situation.

I said it in the other thread, what makes this board great are the posters like you who preach optimism and the ones like Daniel who are gloom and doom, then the rest of us find ourselves somewhere on the spectrum. This shouldn’t be a “you need to think my way” from anyone, we aren’t politicians nor modern day political parties and I hope we NEVER become that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nessus said:

Boqvist has played well and has earned it.

He has played well for two games, that’s not really enough to take a first line spot from a former MVP in my opinion, especially not when said MVP has points on roughly 1/3 of your goals for on the season. 

21 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But you’re not trying to be positive, you’re attacking people for airing their grievances with this team. And your logic isn’t as waterproof as people have pointed out in other discussions.

If you’re going to bring depression and talk how pitching sunshine is the only correct course of action, we can discuss that in a private discussion, cause as you and many others are well aware of, I take mental health extremely personally and hold that close to the chest.

No one is asking you to take up torches and pitchforks and blow the doors off Hynes day in and day out, but to meet any argument with this idea of “you don’t know what you’re talking about. Here I will explain to you why you are wrong, cause clearly you aren’t smart” is going to piss people off and only toss gasoline on the already volatile situation.

I said it in the other thread, what makes this board great are the posters like you who preach optimism and the ones like Daniel who are gloom and doom, then the rest of us find ourselves somewhere on the spectrum. This shouldn’t be a “you need to think my way” from anyone, we aren’t politicians nor modern day political parties and I hope we NEVER become that. 

How is this what I did by saying that Hynes was in a lose / lose situation with some fans right now? He literally can't do anything right from now on to them. Just like Shero won't ever do anything right to Daniel. He'd cut off his leg before giving him an ounce of credit for anything. Just like i'm sure it looks like have a hard time giving credits to Subban.

I personally find double standards and insanely biased perspectives very annoying and ridiculous and i like to mock those things when it's coming up. And when i'm biased or wtv i fully expect to be called out, thats how it works. That's totally my right. I've been ridiculed here more than anyone for being the one and only guy who didn't drink Lou's koolaid and would dare criticize him which would always result in the whole forum turning against me, i even got banned for like 2 years for it and had to beg to come back and get the "okay" from the cool club to lift the ban. So please just don't play the "you need to think my way" card with me here, it goes both ways. 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

How is this what I did by saying that Hynes was in a lose / lose situation with some fans right now? He literally can't do anything right from now on to them. Just like Shero won't ever do anything right to Daniel. He'd cut off his leg before giving him an ounce of credit for anything.

I personally find double standards and insanely biased perspectives very annoying and ridiculous and i like to mock those things when it's coming up. And when i'm biased or wtv i fully expect to be called out, thats how it works. That's totally my right. I've been ridiculed here more than anyone for being the one and only guy who didn't drink Lou's koolaid and would dare criticize him which would always result in the whole forum turning against me, i even got banned for like 2 years for it and had to beg to come back and get the "okay" from the cool club to lift the ban. So please just don't play the "you need to think my way" card with me here, it goes both ways. 

You got banned for being anti-Lou? For two years?

What’s the other side of THAT story?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

How is this what I did by saying that Hynes was in a lose / lose situation with some fans right now? He literally can't do anything right from now on to them. Just like Shero won't ever do anything right to Daniel. He'd cut off his leg before giving him an ounce of credit for anything. Just like i'm sure it looks like have a hard time giving credits to Subban.

Out of everything I typed, that’s what you held on to? Got it. Not worth it, moving on.

lets play hockey

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Out of everything I typed, that’s what you held on to? Got it. Not worth it, moving on.

lets play hockey

Dude you fully took me saying that Hynes was in a lose / lose situation no matter what he does with some fans and you turned it into me acting like Mightier than thou calling out fans. 

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude you fully took me saying that Hynes was in a lose / lose situation no matter what he does with some fans and you turned it into me acting like Mightier than thou calling out fans. 

If you think my post was only in reference to your Hynes comment in this thread then you aren’t aware of how you’re coming across in other posts you’ve had in the last 24-48 hours.

Again, I’m done with this. Hockey is on in 20 minutes. We’ll all be pissed off again shortly enough.

• Like 1