GDT - Vegas v. Jersey 7 p.m. - Rest your vocal cords today

Daniel

What did you expect? John Hynes is fired for five hours and the team dramatically changes? They haven't even held a practice since Hynes' firing today.

Devils didn't play great though, yeah. After a really good first period, same old, same old. Bad defensive passing, bad passing in general, and they were completely incapable of generating dangerous chances against M. Subban for the latter two periods of the game. Nas has a lot of questions to answer and issues to address now - he has a lot to clean up.

The Devils played fine.  Marchessault gets a fluke goal off his leg and then a tip goal which goes in a low percentage of the time.  I don't know how they broke down so bad on the 4th goal, I can only think that they forgot they were killing a penalty. 

They were in a road and home back to back which isn't something you win a ton anyway.

Referees didn't help - no idea how that's not a major penalty on Carrier, no idea how the hook on Palmieri doesn't get called and then the interference by Palmieri does get called.  No idea how the high stick on Palmieri during the power play in the 1st period, right in the eyeline of the ref, doesn't get called.  Awful night for the stripes - got lucky to come away with that 2nd goal given how bad they were.

The Devils looked fast tonight, faster than Vegas, and that's how they should look.  Some goaltending or some goaltending luck would go a long way in games like these.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

What did you expect? John Hynes is fired for five hours and the team dramatically changes? They haven't even held a practice since Hynes' firing today.

Devils didn't play great though, yeah. After a really good first period, same old, same old. Bad defensive passing, bad passing in general, and they were completely incapable of generating dangerous chances against M. Subban for the latter two periods of the game. Nas has a lot of questions to answer and issues to address now - he has a lot to clean up.

He doesn't have enough turd polish in his arsenal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils played fine.  Marchessault gets a fluke goal off his leg and then a tip goal which goes in a low percentage of the time.  I don't know how they broke down so bad on the 4th goal, I can only think that they forgot they were killing a penalty. 

They were in a road and home back to back which isn't something you win a ton anyway.

Referees didn't help - no idea how that's not a major penalty on Carrier, no idea how the hook on Palmieri doesn't get called and then the interference by Palmieri does get called.  No idea how the high stick on Palmieri during the power play in the 1st period, right in the eyeline of the ref, doesn't get called.  Awful night for the stripes - got lucky to come away with that 2nd goal given how bad they were.

The Devils looked fast tonight, faster than Vegas, and that's how they should look.  Some goaltending or some goaltending luck would go a long way in games like these.

Tri, totally agree. 

I missed most of it, but my favorite moment was courtesy of Matt Laughlin. As the 3rd was about to start, he mentions that Evan is on the spectrum but you’d never know it listening to him do play by play. Then he says “So Evan, what do you expect in the second?” And Evan just replies “Uhhhhh...”. Then Matt realized he’s an idiot. 

Honestly from what I saw, they were still a little sloppy, but they were actually getting entries through the NZ, they were generating good chances by passing point to point, and they looked like they actually had some "fight". Vegas is a really solid team and I think they held their own, you got to stop with the blown leads though.  Also like Butcher standing up for Tennyson after the boarding hit

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Even though i know you're just joking, its kinda messed up to call an autistic individual an idiot, man

I think he's saying that Matt realized he screwed up when he mentioned that, and therefore he's the idiot in the story, not the child.

Just watching the Knights goal replays, unbelievable. 2nd goal Sev's in the OZ behind the net with Zacha, Zacha loses the puck off his skate. Hall is down at the left face off circle. Odd man rush for Vegas. 2 on 1 against PK Subban. Hall 0 fvcking effort. Still in OZ.  Bratt was covering for Sevs down the right D side. Complete breakdown. Pk not to blame.Why the hell was Sev's down so low. Score was tied. Why even risk it with fvcking Marchessault and Karlsson the ice. Way to risky, 

Edited by Gunslinger27
  • Like 2