Hynes fired! Nas' named interim head coach

RunninWithTheDevil

59 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

Elliote Friedman on 31 Podcast - was talking down Bylsma as the option, and talking up Lane Lambert from Trotz' staff since 2011, and Rocky Thompson from Chicago Wolves. Thought that was interesting.

I’d be down for Lambert. Trotz protege that also won a Cup with Washington as an assistant coach. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be down for Lambert. Trotz protege that also won a Cup with Washington as an assistant coach. 

Who was that guy in the Chicago system that everyone wanted before Hynes was hired? Havelid keeps coming to mind, but I remember him being a failure of a trade and not the coach....

I don't think Babcock is getting another Head Coaching job anywhere too soon. Right or Wrong I just don't see it. 

I would like the Devils to get a Coach with NHL experience whether it be retired NHL Player or someone who has been a head coach with some success (Dan Bylsma, Paul MacLean to name a couple)  

If Stevens wants the job I would like to see him get a chance

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

Who was that guy in the Chicago system that everyone wanted before Hynes was hired? Havelid keeps coming to mind, but I remember him being a failure of a trade and not the coach....

Mike Haviland. He's been coaching Colorado College for the past several years with lousy results.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 8:48 AM, moustic said:

Rikard Grönborg is the perfect answer ! Our season is doomed... the rest of it will gave Rikard enough time to get adjusted (and he is a quick learner) ... to be efficient next season ! 
He is a master of the game

I like him from what I have been seen during his time as the swedish coach. I would take the chance 

2 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

We need a veteran coach who holds players accountable, expects perfection, has fire and can be mean when needed. I really miss Pat Burns.

Burns will always be my favorite Devils coach. His team was by far the least stacked roster of the 3 Cup teams. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...