Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RunninWithTheDevil

Hynes fired! Nas' named interim head coach

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Not according to his press conference 10 mins ago - Nas has a great opportunity in front of him, also went onto point to Bylsma and Berube who started out as interim. Also mentioned is "always has a list of potential head and assistant coaches"

I Dont buy into that too much... what's he supposed to say..  yeah, he'd love nothing better than nas turning this train wreck  around.. but if things go as usual we will have a new coach next year.. my idea of interim is finish out the year..maybe that's the wrong term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hynes firing needed to happen, but considering the Devils still have a weak defensive group and very weak goaltending, and Ray Shero has been on the job for 4+ seasons, one could argue his failures at building the roster were/are a bigger problem than Hynes’ coaching. Time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now what are all those people going to do with their fire Hynes signs? 


Replace the “y” and “n” with the letters “r” and “o” and rearrange the letters to spell “Shero”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

The Hynes firing needed to happen, but considering the Devils still have a weak defensive group and very weak goaltending, and Ray Shero has been on the job for 4+ seasons, one could argue his failures at building the roster were/are a bigger problem than Hynes’ coaching. Time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMs are not immune from getting fired.  Remember what the Red Sox did, and after they won it all last year?  Ray, don't get too comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

how does this thread not have 100 pages already 

FWIW, the Hynes firing is not being shown as one the main, current stories on the ESPN app (and that's despite the fact I have the Devils identified as one of my favorite teams).  I didn't see the news until I read a non-hockey article on the app and saw the story headline underneath the story I was reading.  (I don't live in north Jersey, and I don't receive sports notifications on any app because I don't want my smartphone buzzing every 5 minutes, so those things are part of it too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

how does this thread not have 100 pages already 

I think we’re exhausted.  Plus making  Nassradine the interim isn’t much of a change.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think we’re exhausted.  Plus making  Nassradine the interim isn’t much of a change.

It was a Nassinine move...

Trademark that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow and I thought I over think things

Dude got fired. And anyone really needs to ask why?  The team are spoiled little fvcks for the most part. There’s too much bullsh!tting around. You just look at them — all I could think is what the hell are you  dipsh!ts smiling about?  What the fvck with all this ego?  Massive flashing sparkling teeth ego backed up by ZERO confidence   Hmmmm who’s really to blame for them feeling so tri-state superstar?  Ray Shero and his bumble*ucking PR team.  It’s one thing to try to sell that bs to fans but a totally other thing when your stupid men-child players believe it.  Hall is the only guy looking grumpy and NOT prancing around for photo ops 

Subban is paid to do that and he’s got a lot going on just figuring the lay of the land and all. I have surprisingly little problem with that. I’ve actually found his presence really clarifying in a crazy way  His trying to figure out the Devils game just made it very clear there is none and that’s Hynes and ultimately Shero.  

The focus on hockey just floundered it’s so hard to find that balance. I’d rather have it too hockey heavy than to marketing heavy but honestly you all didn’t want that. So this is what it feels like to go over to the other side of the pendulum swing. Never won even on the way over though did they?  

Leaving the Lou guy in as Captain — good lord.  Who ever thought that was a good idea?  It’s trying to hold something you let go of. It’s an example of how there is no real knowledgeable plan It’s like a sh!tty cook - a little of Lou’s special sauce, and hmm.  Some maple syrup that’s Canadian right? And what else do you think of when I say hockey...  Good lord just find a single voice for this team one clear point of focus. Just — this is just so stupid and blurry and just tackling far too much all these broad brush strokes with no apparent over-all plan. Whatever.  I can’t even get analytical because there’s been nowhere to delve the strategy is just so mixed — whatever. Just play hockey don’t see anything else Just the nice clean game of hockey 🙄

Edited by Pepperkorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pepperkorn said:

Wow and I thought I over think things

Dude got fired. And anyone really needs to ask why?  The team are spoiled little fvcks for the most part. There’s too much bullsh!tting around. You just look at them — all I could think is what the hell are you  dipsh!ts smiling about?  What the fvck with all this ego?  Massive flashing sparkling teeth ego backed up by ZERO confidence   Hmmmm who’s really to blame for them feeling so tri-state superstar?  Ray Shero and his bumble*ucking PR team.  It’s one thing to try to sell that bs to fans but a totally other thing when your stupid men-child players believe it.  Hall is the only guy looking grumpy and NOT prancing around for photo ops 

Subban is paid to do that and he’s got a lot going on just figuring the lay of the land and all. I have surprisingly little problem with that. I’ve actually found his presence really clarifying in a crazy way  His trying to figure out the Devils game just made it very clear there is none and that’s Hynes and ultimately Shero.  

The focus on hockey just floundered it’s so hard to find that balance. I’d rather have it too hockey heavy than to marketing heavy but honestly you all didn’t want that. So this is what it feels like to go over to the other side of the pendulum swing. Never won even on the way over though did they?  

Leaving the Lou guy in as Captain — good lord.  Who ever thought that was a good idea?  It’s trying to hold something you let go of. It’s an example of how there is no real knowledgeable plan It’s like a sh!tty cook - a little of Lou’s special sauce, and hmm.  Some maple syrup that’s Canadian right? And what else do you think of when I say hockey...  Good lord just find a single voice for this team one clear point of focus. Just — this is just so stupid and blurry and just tackling far too much all these broad brush strokes with no apparent over-all plan. Whatever.  I can’t even get analytical because there’s been nowhere to delve the strategy is just so mixed — whatever. Just play hockey don’t see anything else Just the nice clean game of hockey 🙄

Good to see somethings never change because I still have no idea what you're saying most of the time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Hire him.

2) It looks like this team has simply forgotten how to play hockey.

3) Get Andy Greene off this roster already.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pepperkorn is so right!!

love it. Where is the Scott Stevens intensity?

this team needs a kickass captain and a no bs coach. Too much of the “brotherhood” teambuilding trips, feel good crap. The new ownership loves all the cute marketing slogans and corporate speak. 

For all of Lou’s problems in the later years of the Devils demise, many of which he was hamstrung by bad finances, just look at what he is doing in NY. Awesome coaching, no name superstars on team etc etc. 

This team has no fire, no fear no nothing to play for. WAKE UP. 

too much feel good stuff. Not working. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

1) Hire him.

2) It looks like this team has simply forgotten how to play hockey.

3) Get Andy Greene off this roster already.

I'm not usually in favor of hiring ex-players as coaches, at least not on the teams they played for -- too much pressure, sensitivity, and so forth - but being that Scott was here previously and it didn't exactly work out as planned, I think this second time around may be different.  I feel both he, and the team, have learned and changed since then. Plus, more importantly, I really think this team needs to learn from the way he plays/sees the game.

If I'm Shero, I hire him ASAP.  Enough dicking around, it's time to right the ship and start sailing in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm not usually in favor of hiring ex-players as coaches, at least not on the teams they played for -- too much pressure, sensitivity, and so forth - but being that Scott was here previously and it didn't exactly work out as planned, I think this second time around may be different.  I feel both he, and the team, have learned and changed since then. Plus, more importantly, I really think this team needs to learn from the way he plays/sees the game.

If I'm Shero, I hire him ASAP.  Enough dicking around, it's time to right the ship and start sailing in the right direction.

Back in May of 2017, he resigned from an asst gig with the Wild (after less than one year on the job) because he said he wanted to spend more time with his family.  No one knows if he even wants to jump back into the NHL as a full-time HC.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Back in May of 2017, he resigned from an asst gig with the Wild (after less than one year on the job) because he said he wanted to spend more time with his family.  No one knows if he even wants to jump back into the NHL as a full-time HC.   

We also don't know what  that really meant. It could have simply meant he wanted to live in NJ again, where his family is, and not Minnesota - and that in NJ - he'd be open to coaching. Also- Stevens' kids have to be in college by now, no? All for spending time with family, but is there any more home-life for a hockey coach than the tri-state area. They only fly to what - 35 games a year? - They maybe on the road for 40-45 nights a year, something his family was likely used to while playing/coaching here. 

 

Another Edit: We also don't know if he really wanted to remain an assistant. Almost like "been there, done that" 

Edited by HellOnICE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

We also don't know what  that really meant. It could have simply meant he wanted to live in NJ again, where his family is, and not Minnesota - and that in NJ - he'd be open to coaching. Also- Stevens' kids have to be in college by now, no? All for spending time with family, but is there any more home-life for a hockey coach than the tri-state area. They only fly to what - 35 games a year? - They maybe on the road for 40-45 nights a year, something his family was likely used to while playing/coaching here. 

What I was more trying to get at is that it's easy for fans to start screaming at Shero to "stop dicking around" and to just go out there and nab Stevens, like Scotty's already waiting for the phone call and can't get here fast enough.  I'm saying that we don't even know if he has the slightest interest in coaching right now.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

We also don't know what  that really meant. It could have simply meant he wanted to live in NJ again, where his family is, and not Minnesota - and that in NJ - he'd be open to coaching. Also- Stevens' kids have to be in college by now, no? All for spending time with family, but is there any more home-life for a hockey coach than the tri-state area. They only fly to what - 35 games a year? - They maybe on the road for 40-45 nights a year, something his family was likely used to while playing/coaching here. 

Being a head coach is really like an 80 our a week job during the season and it only lets up a little for a couple of months in the summer.  Plus, I am big believer in avoiding making legendary franchise players your coach or GM since it's hard to fire them if it's not working out.  In any event, at most Stevens would be some kind of consultant since Shero knows that Stevens' popularity with the fanbase will undercut his own authority.

I still think the person this organization needs more than anyone is Larry Robinson in some capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Back in May of 2017, he resigned from an asst gig with the Wild (after less than one year on the job) because he said he wanted to spend more time with his family.  No one knows if he even wants to jump back into the NHL as a full-time HC.   

Yeah, I'm not saying Stevens has the interest, I'm just saying I think we need him and should hire him if he actually is interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Being a head coach is really like an 80 our a week job during the season and it only lets up a little for a couple of months in the summer.  Plus, I am big believer in avoiding making legendary franchise players your coach or GM since it's hard to fire them if it's not working out.  In any event, at most Stevens would be some kind of consultant since Shero knows that Stevens' popularity with the fanbase will undercut his own authority.

I still think the person this organization needs more than anyone is Larry Robinson in some capacity.

I love Larry as much as the next guy, but he ain't coming back.  He's tool old.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Being a head coach is really like an 80 our a week job during the season and it only lets up a little for a couple of months in the summer.  Plus, I am big believer in avoiding making legendary franchise players your coach or GM since it's hard to fire them if it's not working out.  In any event, at most Stevens would be some kind of consultant since Shero knows that Stevens' popularity with the fanbase will undercut his own authority.

I still think the person this organization needs more than anyone is Larry Robinson in some capacity.

Says the guy who was convinced that Shero would never ever fire Hynes. 

It's kinda hard to take anything you say about Shero seriously...just sayin'. 

But yeah, though I'm intrigued by the idea of Stevens, it is always tricky bringing in a guy who was a legend as a player.  Stevens had his rough moments here, but the overall body of work was so damned good that no one really thinks about those moments at all.  It truly is all "eternal sunshine" with him, when it comes to how he's remembered.  Would suck to see him come back and not have a head coaching gig work out. 

I think this current bunch would wear poor Larry Robinson out in a hurry.  Easy to forget how much damned talent was on those Devils teams...a HOF goalie, two HOF D-men, and several fine players throughout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.