Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Rebuild 2.0 Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah there's no reason for them to lie about it other than buying time.  People will know soon enough if the owners are full of sh!t about claiming they want to win and then having another three tank seasons.

What would be nice is if Fitzgerald or someone gave a press conference like Joe Judge did.  You don't need to tell us the maximum contract offer you're willing to give to Sami Vatanen or who on the team is specifically on the trading block, but some concept of the type of players you're hoping to bring in beyond platitudes of "fast, attacking, supportive" would go a long way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

They came out and said they are tired of losing and haven't been winning enough. Complete opposite of what tanking involves. 

What else would they say? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah there's no reason for them to lie about it other than buying time.  People will know soon enough if the owners are full of sh!t about claiming they want to win and then having another three tank seasons.

They could say that to protect Shero or themselves to not make either party look foolish. It was a generic statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, devlman said:

What else would they say? 

Could have just said the usual "philosophical differences" BS and left it at that? 

If they are now going to let Fitz blow the team up and trade off all the vets, and tank the rest of the season then why fire Ray now? Could have just stuck with the same plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Could have just said the usual "philosophical differences" BS and left it at that? 

If they are now going to let Fitz blow the team up and trade off all the vets, and tank the rest of the season then why fire Ray now? Could have just stuck with the same plan. 

If you are trading off vets, you want to get the best return. Maybe they didn’t trust that Shero would be the one to get the best return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you are trading off vets, you want to get the best return. Maybe they didn’t trust that Shero would be the one to get the best return. 

Shero’s strength is literally trading. You off him before the deadline with three years left on his contract either because you don’t think it’s fair to have him make moves for the next GM (since according to I think Friedman the decision was already made to can him by year’s end a while ago) or there’s a philosophical divide and perhaps Shero would go rogue a la Hextall last year. There’s no other reason that makes sense.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Don't know if this was posted or if anyone is interested, but just watched this video on YouTube (I follow this guy, he's pretty funny lol). A pretty good assessment of our team right now. We gotta be able to laugh about those things, right?

P.S. If you liked this video, watch the one on the Lightning choking vs. Columbus in the 1st round last year, it's great lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you are trading off vets, you want to get the best return. Maybe they didn’t trust that Shero would be the one to get the best return. 

That's one area Ray has performed very well on over the last 5 years IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, Rob_Ottawa said:

Defense core needs complete overhaul.

We desperately need to jettison Greene, and most of the 5-6 guys. 

Im ok with moving Butcher out if it gets us something better, he really hasn't been great since early his first year.

Wonder if Fitz will call Ray, bro, what should I get for homeboy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the fitz conference. He mumbles as much as ray. Looks like he’s willing to trade anyone not named nico or jack. Gonna be a long few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Maybe this thread was correct. 

Except by the look of things now... looks like Ray was not pro-tanking and the rest of management were... but then why would the owner say that it's cause they were just not getting results? Then go ahead and trade our captain and one of our only bright spot (if coleman is indeed traded)

these moves, trading players with a year left on their contract...  plus playing Dom when it makes no sense to do so... looks like a team tanking on purpose.

I'm all for making the necessary move to put ourselves in the best possible situation to improve in the future though but it just so contradictory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Except by the look of things now... looks like Ray was not pro-tanking and the rest of management were... but then why would the owner say that it's cause they were just not getting results? Then go ahead and trade our captain and one of our only bright spot (if coleman is indeed traded)

these moves, trading players with a year left on their contract...  plus playing Dom when it makes no sense to do so... looks like a team tanking on purpose.

I'm all for making the necessary move to put ourselves in the best possible situation to improve in the future though but it just so contradictory 

I think the only thing you can draw from this is no fvcker has any idea what they are actually trying to do in either the short or long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Maybe this thread was correct. 

Yep but not for the reason we thought...hopefully the owners aren’t allowed to just lose forever. The NBA had to step in there, not sure the NHL will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Except by the look of things now... looks like Ray was not pro-tanking and the rest of management were... but then why would the owner say that it's cause they were just not getting results?Then go ahead and trade our captain and one of our only bright spot (if coleman is indeed traded)

these moves, trading players with a year left on their contract...  plus playing Dom when it makes no sense to do so... looks like a team tanking on purpose.

I'm all for making the necessary move to put ourselves in the best possible situation to improve in the future though but it just so contradictory 

Why? Three words...season ticket renewals. It’s no accident they were trying to peddle a two year loyalty lock or that most of these sell off moves are going to happen after the initial wave of renewals.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

 

Keeping 3 and building around them sounds exactly like starting over to me. But I like my dad’s spirit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

 

It's also encouraging cause whoever will be GM this summer will be handed a way way way better situation than what Shero got (and christ this is not a jab at Lou so don't jump on me and derail the thread over this)

The new GM will already have a very very young and talented core to build around, many assets with some value, top prospects projected to be NHL players, outside of Schneider no bad-contract to deal with or deadwood to get rid off, cap space flexibility. No hot UFAs that we're worried could leave soon. And won't have to deal with the awkward captain being a pretty bad player so you can't really bench him or anything. 

Plus we'll land another new top player or 2 at the draft. So we'll get a bit of that excitement again going in the season.

I think we should really use that vancouver pick and package it for a young d-man. I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit if it's what it take cause man our D corp is not looking good and no one on the market will help us or fit our timeline anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think we should really use that vancouver pick and package it for a young d-man. I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit if it's what it take cause man our D corp is not looking good and no one on the market will help us or fit our timeline anyway. 

With two other 1sts to draft with, this is probably not a bad idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the current GM will be the “new” GM.  Ownership seems to be giving him considerable freedom to make significant moves.  I have a feeling they believe in Fitz.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think the current GM will be the “new” GM.  Ownership seems to be giving him considerable freedom to make significant moves.  I have a feeling they believe in Fitz.

I’d be all for it. At least there’d be some degree of stability, and not a completely new philosophy coming in. 

The big question is what does he do about Nas...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

With two other 1sts to draft with, this is probably not a bad idea. 

i'd have to do a bit of research but the perfect scenario here would be a team in win-now mode. With an injured player who would be ready to sacrifice a bit of their future for a real shot this year and one of our guys could be the missing piece.

I'm not saying this trade cause i dont think it would work but something like... a Dman in colorado going down... then we could package Vatanen + vancouver or ari's first + something else for like Byram. I wouldnt mind overpaying a bit to get a good NHL D semi-established prospect vs gambling having a first close to where we should draft one and gamble that he will pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be all for it. At least there’d be some degree of stability, and not a completely new philosophy coming in. 

The big question is what does he do about Nas...

Yeah Fitz can’t try to sell me on Nas as more than an interim HC.  No way.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.