GDT: Blackhawks @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

you should try to calm down. the players on this team are very talented, just sucks that they don't gel with each other. nothing can be done. it is what it is. hope we get the right players, coaches, and picks in the next season or 2. we ain't that far away from competing(playoff spot). 

um, there's no proof of this. The last how many seasons say so?  Potential yeah sure with some, not the majority imo. I guess we can settle for being entertained on some nights.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

um, there's no proof of this. The last how many seasons say so?  Potential yeah sure with some, not the majority imo. I guess we can settle for being entertained on some nights.

There's plenty of talent on this team, but none of them are playing at the level they should be. If this team were not better than this no one here, yourself included, would be as pissed off as we are with them underachieving. That's why it's underachieving, they're better than this. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

A team of Maxim Afinogenovs

Remember when there was a point in time some of us (namely myself) wanted him and Tim “The Concussion” Connelly on this team to finish out our bottom 6 and go for that 4th cup in the last 00’s?

Man was I dumb... wait... I still am... crap

Skating talent and puck handling galore...but finishing isn't a strong point...scoring goals takes a certain "IT"  goose has it... not the best skater or stick handler, but the boy finishes.. other skaters are still trying to find it on a consistent basis...  lots of borderline players 

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Skating talent and puck handling galore...but finishing isn't a strong point...scoring goals takes a certain "IT"  goose has it... not the best skater or stick handler, but the boy finishes.. other skaters are still trying to find it on a consistent basis...  lots of borderline players 

Gusev is probably going to be a fine top 6 player. I’m giving a lot of leeway because he’s not only adjusting to a new league, but also a new country. And I don’t know how fluent in English he is. He came in to a situation where the coaching was unstable and the coach was fired. And still he’s contributed offensively and keeps looking better. 

• Like 2

Gusev is probably going to be a fine top 6 player. I’m giving a lot of leeway because he’s not only adjusting to a new league, but also a new country. And I don’t know how fluent in English he is. He came in to a situation where the coaching was unstable and the coach was fired. And still he’s contributed offensively and keeps looking better. 
A friend of mine lives in the same apartment building as him in JC (Nico, Mueller, Bratt too) and she told me that he didn't speak a word of English. They were grilling next to him and his family and she tried to strike up a conversation and he just nodded and smiled the whole time. Also said that he poured an unlabeled water bottle of some clear liquid on his food while grilling [emoji51]

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

Yep. Palms and Gusev are the only real snipers we have. Be nice if we could add another shooter or two. I’ve given up waiting on Zacha to become one. 

It's not about a lack of talent, sh!t like this happen, thats all.

I know its easy now to feel like we're the joke of the NHL and underachieving and bla bla bla

but we're only a few points behind Toronto and Tampa, who are both oozing ridiculous talent, both had proven coaches.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I know its easy now to feel like we're the joke of the NHL and underachieving and bla bla bla

but we're only a few points behind Toronto and Tampa, who are both oozing ridiculous talent, both had proven coaches.

CBJ straight crushed TB’s soul lol

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They've been sh!t for years so how can it not be about a lack of talent? I wish I found comfort in what other teams are going through but unfortunately I don't. 

Not saying the sky is falling because there's certainly way more important things in life. Just beaten down by the ongoing status of my favorite sports team which can't seem to get out of the quick sand.

26 minutes ago, titans04 said:

They've been sh!t for years so how can it not be about a lack of talent? I wish I found comfort in what other teams are going through but unfortunately I don't. 

Not saying the sky is falling because there's certainly way more important things in life. Just beaten down by the ongoing status of my favorite sports team which can't seem to get out of the quick sand.

well im not saying we're crazy talented but we're getting there. we have WAY more talent now than we did years ago. But also im just pointing out that talent is not everything. you dont just win by being talented either

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well im not saying we're crazy talented but we're getting there. we have WAY more talent now than we did years ago. But also im just pointing out that talent is not everything. you dont just win by being talented either

Yep. So much has to go right. If talent alone was enough SJ, NSH, TOR, etc would all have Cups by now. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. So much has to go right. If talent alone was enough SJ, NSH, TOR, etc would all have Cups by now. 

I'm not even dreaming of a cup to be honest and yeah  SJ and Nash don't have a cup but they've gone deep into the playoffs more often than not.  They're always in the mix. That's all I'm asking for.  We're way more often than not a bottom feeder. Hoping for change.